It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant sonic boom felt and heard in Indianapolis Indiana(meteor? mass devastation Info blocade

page: 99
<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ikonoklast

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by OkieDokie

if you'll recall, there was a Kentucky earthquake, and a relatively shallow one which could have easily enhanced additional gaseous release anywhere along the fault region.
connect a sudden release of "swamp" gas with an incoming fireball and kaboom.

ETA -- in case you don't follow what's happening in the Bayou Corne, LA ... not only is there a sinkhole but the caverns are collapsing underground. these caverns (used to store excess gases) following collapse, will force the gas it can no longer hold, into escaping via the least resistant path ... what's common to both areas ??
the Mississippi River ... and haven't they been experiencing closures to shipping traffic due to exceptionally low levels lately ?

Interesting thought, but the Bayou Corne, Louisiana sinkhole is about 870 miles away from Indianapolis. And Indianapolis is about 300 miles away from the Mississippi River. So leakage from Bayou Corne along the Mississippi River valley and over to Indianapolis is probably not too likely.

But if there is ever a similar explosion from Bayou Corne leakage because of the sinkhole, that may make this look like a tiny firecracker. Hope that doesn't happen.

are you suggesting the ONLY pathway for gas to travel around this globe is via the water channels ? i sure hope not.

i don't care if they are 10,000 miles apart above ground, they could be/are still directly connected underground. their relative distance or promity to one another is irrelevant when discussing a release of "swamp" gas in a region as porous as Indianapolis or Lousianna.

Kentucky isn't all that close either, however, do you really think that particular ground movement had -0- effect elsewhere in the world ? (think butterfly effect)

i am not so quick to dismiss the theory and you've provided nothing substantial to change my mind. care to offer anything else ?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
www.wthr.com...

mass hysteria here in indy

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Maskander

sad to read the "mass hysteria" assessment but am glad folks acted and got out safely

it is stories like these that make me wonder how a leaking appliance could possibly generate the disaster in IN.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

sad to read the "mass hysteria" assessment but am glad folks acted and got out safely

it is stories like these that make me wonder how a leaking appliance could possibly generate the disaster in IN.
Well, you are assessing my comment with the assumption that I've only read that article, people are freaked out here about their furnaces their appliances pipelines, it's insane.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maskander

Well, you are assessing my comment with the assumption that I've only read that article, people are freaked out here about their furnaces their appliances pipelines, it's insane.
i didn't doubt you or assess your comment ... i commented on your assessment

( there is a difference ya know ? )

however, you certainly didn't mention any of those other things (bold) in your prior post.
no other links either, so, how is anyone else supposed to know ?

so, we now have your assessment (ppl are freaked out / it's insane), how 'bout some stories or links to support it ? surely that isn't asking for too much
?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I am in a discussion group call the UFO Awareness Group and one of our members talked about the Indianapolis Explosion last night and she said there was talk about "something coming from above" and also the topic of drones was definitely on the Internet. I googled "Indianapolis Explosion -drones" and found many returns of which this is the best: ______beforeitsnews/events/2012/11/massive-explosion-reported-after-cia-drone-targets-indianapolis-2430294.html In layman language, a AGM-114 Hellfire missile was fired by a U.S. Air Force Prowler that had bee launched from nearby Wright Patterson AFB to track a CIA Drone that had gone off course. More interesting is the original target was a Army facility in the Indianapolis area. Surely if this story is true, then some firefighters or disaster workers would have found some interesting debris. Even if there was a government lock down of this area, there could be some truth to this story. Has anyone in this forum heard about the discovery of "unusual debris" such as parts of a missile?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

So the experts find it unusual that the blast could have been this big and that it leveled two houses side by side just like some of us do. ...

Just a point to remember - the WHOLE THING is unusual, so it's not impossible that unusual things mave have been the cause, whether those unusual things are meteors or sabotage or some one in a million set of circumstances that allows a leak of commercially supplied gas do something like this.
I'm not putting down what your providing at all, just adding the perspective that experts finding things unlikely or unusual, in an incredibly unusual event, does not rule them out.

edit - although of course, it is good to hear that they do find it unusual.
edit on 15-11-2012 by delusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

reply to post by OkieDokie

if you'll recall, there was a Kentucky earthquake, and a relatively shallow one which could have easily enhanced additional gaseous release anywhere along the fault region.
connect a sudden release of "swamp" gas with an incoming fireball and kaboom.

ETA -- in case you don't follow what's happening in the Bayou Corne, LA ... not only is there a sinkhole but the caverns are collapsing underground. these caverns (used to store excess gases) following collapse, will force the gas it can no longer hold, into escaping via the least resistant path ... what's common to both areas ??
the Mississippi River ... and haven't they been experiencing closures to shipping traffic due to exceptionally low levels lately ?

Interesting thought, but the Bayou Corne, Louisiana sinkhole is about 870 miles away from Indianapolis. And Indianapolis is about 300 miles away from the Mississippi River. So leakage from Bayou Corne along the Mississippi River valley and over to Indianapolis is probably not too likely.

But if there is ever a similar explosion from Bayou Corne leakage because of the sinkhole, that may make this look like a tiny firecracker. Hope that doesn't happen.

are you suggesting the ONLY pathway for gas to travel around this globe is via the water channels ? i sure hope not.

i don't care if they are 10,000 miles apart above ground, they could be/are still directly connected underground. their relative distance or promity to one another is irrelevant when discussing a release of "swamp" gas in a region as porous as Indianapolis or Lousianna.

Kentucky isn't all that close either, however, do you really think that particular ground movement had -0- effect elsewhere in the world ? (think butterfly effect)

i am not so quick to dismiss the theory and you've provided nothing substantial to change my mind. care to offer anything else ?

No, I'm not saying any of that. I simply pointed out that Bayou Corne and the Mississippi river were fairly far away from the explosion(s) in Indianapolis. I would suspect that if there is a catastrophic leak caused by the sinkhole, it's likely to blow something up long before it gets to Indianapolis. Big time. But that's just a guess. And I didn't say anything about the Kentucky earthquake.

I don't know why people are getting so argumentative on this thread. Even the experts and investigators can't agree on a cause or even a believable cover story yet. So far all of the possible causes have something about them that makes them unlikely for one reason or another. But obviously something blew up, so one of the unlikely or impossible explanations is likely correct. Who knows, maybe it's yours.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Here a few report of meteor on Nov 10

www.amsmeteors.org...

www.amsmeteors.org...

www.amsmeteors.org...

www.amsmeteors.org...

www.amsmeteors.org...

So they was a few over the area
or maybe a smaller piece from one of these

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ikonoklast

No, I'm not saying any of that. I simply pointed out that Bayou Corne and the Mississippi river were fairly far away from the explosion(s) in Indianapolis.
i got that, but in it's dismissive presentation, i felt clarification was needed. (maybe not for you)
ppl like to forget that we are all interconnected on this big blue marble.
like it or lump it, what one does effects thousands of others.

i can appreciate you pointing out that it could be unlikely, because i truly hope it is.
however, it's looking less like that every day ;(

I would suspect that if there is a catastrophic leak caused by the sinkhole, it's likely to blow something up long before it gets to Indianapolis. Big time. But that's just a guess. And I didn't say anything about the Kentucky earthquake.
we'll have to disagree in this opinion, ok ?
and no, you didn't.
i brought up Kentucky because i believe it played a role, perhaps an insignificant one but that is yet to be determined, isn't it ?

I don't know why people are getting so argumentative on this thread.
i apologize if this is directed at me specifically, however, that is exactly how your post came across. (argumentative)

Even the experts and investigators can't agree on a cause or even a believable cover story yet. So far all of the possible causes have something about them that makes them unlikely for one reason or another. But obviously something blew up, so one of the unlikely or impossible explanations is likely correct. Who knows, maybe it's yours.
let's just say i sure hope not because mine doesn't have an ending anytime soon

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

If you thought I was being argumentative, it wasn't my intent. I thought maybe you and others thought those locations were closer than they are and just wanted to point out the distances.

For what it's worth, I take in all of the input from everyone on this thread and will eventually make up my own mind what I believe. And I'm not out to change anyone else's mind, especially since I haven't even made up my own mind yet. I am as curious as others what the cause will turn out to be of the Indianapolis explosion(s).

I agree with you on the Bayou Corne sinkhole, that the worst may be yet to come. That's reminiscent of the Fukushima disaster. Both seem headed in slow motion toward potentially catastrophic conclusions, and there may not be much anyone can do to stop either of those.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

reply to post by Honor93

If you thought I was being argumentative, it wasn't my intent. I thought maybe you and others thought those locations were closer than they are and just wanted to point out the distances.

For what it's worth, I take in all of the input from everyone on this thread and will eventually make up my own mind what I believe. And I'm not out to change anyone else's mind, especially since I haven't even made up my own mind yet. I am as curious as others what the cause will turn out to be of the Indianapolis explosion(s).

I agree with you on the Bayou Corne sinkhole, that the worst may be yet to come. That's reminiscent of the Fukushima disaster. Both seem headed in slow motion toward potentially catastrophic conclusions, and there may not be much anyone can do to stop either of those.

perhaps at first i did, however, the theory i've presented doesn't exactly come with a scientific foundation.

as for locations, maybe i should have been more clear, i cannot post pics for some reason so maybe a map is in order ? preferrably one with the Mississippi river region accentuated ?

now, i realize the Miss river doesn't run to or through Indiana, however, Indiana is surrounded by bog and swamp from the river at IN's most SW regions. then, the bordering southern state, Kentucky, recently experienced mass animal deaths and are adding to the decomposition gases mentioned in the earlier article.
add to that the Kentucky earthquake, the Bayou collapses, the porous regions all around IN and you have a firestorm just waiting for the right spark.

in this theory, you have to consider the fracking element also and in Kentucky, it's in full swing.

oilandgas.ky.gov...
Oil and gas are produced from more than 1,500 pools in Kentucky from rocks of Cambrian to Pennsylvanian age. Most oil is produced from Mississippian limestone and sandstone in eastern and western Kentucky or from Ordovician limestone and dolomites in southern Kentucky. Most natural gas is produced from the Devonian black shale in eastern Kentucky.

then you have the man-made - Kentucky Lake to consider ... www.explorekentuckylake.com...

and with all of that, there's all of the mass animal deaths in the region ... with none of the bordering states to IN being an exception.

when all of that is considered as a whole, the "swamp gas" theory gains much more weight.
(and i haven't even delved into IN's activities close by the incident)

ETA -- pondering Cayce's revelations over the years, i've often wondered what kind of an event (geologic) could cause enough of a collapse in the strata to allow the Great Lakes to flow to the Gulf ... i think i'm beginning to see the picture a bit more clearly these days

edit on 15-11-2012 by Honor93 because: ETA

edit on 15-11-2012 by Honor93 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-11-2012 by Honor93 because: typo i just can't seem to fix

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Hi again guys, I haven't responded since the "50's", (pages), because I wanted to check out other sources-and WOW does this forum run fast!!
Anyways, I wanted to remind people of something-early in this discussion when we first got the name of the homeowner, someone found this:
oeop.larc.nasa.gov...

Unfortunately, I'm on my iPad, no access to a computer-but if you look at Ms "Shirley/Roman"'s pictures-you can see its the same person-just older. Also, as someone who lived in Huntsville for 6 years, was also a microbiologist-except I was in Med School at UAH-UAB; AND, who's ex-hubby was/is a computer engineer who was working on the space station project in the early-mid 90's, (with Boeing, but they collaborated with Marshall)...
OK, let's just say that the reason for her divorce was something I can't say because it's supposed to remain "anonymous". It was "on-going" shall we say, would get better, pull out of financial mess, get "worse", go back into financial mess. I will also say that former "friends" of Ms Shirley had thought she was doing better, getting her RN, (with a Masters in Micro btw-hopefully you all will "see" where I'm going with this), divorce. BUT, her friends said she is VERY vulnerable, seems to be insecure without a man, and that they ARE concerned about this latest...relationship-and what may have been going on "inside" it.

I'm just throwing this out there. BUT, I also want to say that in my past experience as a Paramedic/First Responder-in Florida, Alabama, and a short period on LI, NY; I, my daughter, (Paramedic/RN/Firefighter), and her co-worker, do NOT see how this could be a gas, OR "appliance" explosion-not unless there was something else going on-a more powerful accelerant, or, has been mentioned just above me, *I* believe that methane or some other gas released under the house/just outside the house, (it was 11pm, people were inside, wouldn't have smelt something in a short period of time between release & ignition.); could have been the "accelerant". I also don't believe if it WAS a natural, methane, hydrogen sulfide, etc, release-we'll ever be told.
Can you imagine if most of the population was informed, by people they believe-especially in the La/Miss/Tx on up area-that they are living and working on a ticking time bomb-that there wouldn't be mass panic? Neither will others living over salt domes, "swamp gas" deposits, or even over old waste dumps-and I don't mean the "organic" kind...

Then again, I saw what I assume was a meteor about 30 minutes ago from my deck. Much lower & larger than most-but I saw another one, same size, slightly different direction, even brighter, in September. What the heck is going on with these frequent meteor sightings-SO close? Is this unusual, or am I just out of touch? I'd lived in town, around lights, no porch to watch stars at night for about 6 years. I moved back to the country about 9 months ago, so, maybe I missed something?

Anyways, love reading posts, hoping to have my laptop running so I can post some pics! After all, I'm a friendly little alien, and want all my earthly friends to know we mean no harm....

We Come in Peace...

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

You may just be onto something...

www.smh.com.au...

Makes ya wonder

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I posted this some pages back but was recently on YouTube and saw a comment from a woman reporting almost the same thing so I thought id mention it. I live about eight or nine miles north of the explosion, and the day before (Friday) I saw an army helicopter fly over, which is not totally out of place, but strange enough for me to take note. In the YouTube comment, the woman said her husband saw an army helicopter take off from somewhere in a residential neighborhood Saturday. I believe she said she lived within about ten miles of the explosion as well. Dont know if there is some kind of reason why there would be increased military presence here in Indy, but it just seemed pretty odd to me.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Blimey.... 99 pages and still no conclusive evidence has been posted on what happened

Authorities still dont know what happened?

Or

They do know what happened but are hoping the public never find out??

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Larry2323
reply to post by rickymouse

I am in a discussion group call the UFO Awareness Group and one of our members talked about the Indianapolis Explosion last night and she said there was talk about "something coming from above" and also the topic of drones was definitely on the Internet. I googled "Indianapolis Explosion -drones" and found many returns of which this is the best: ______beforeitsnews/events/2012/11/massive-explosion-reported-after-cia-drone-targets-indianapolis-2430294.html In layman language, a AGM-114 Hellfire missile was fired by a U.S. Air Force Prowler that had bee launched from nearby Wright Patterson AFB to track a CIA Drone that had gone off course. More interesting is the original target was a Army facility in the Indianapolis area. Surely if this story is true, then some firefighters or disaster workers would have found some interesting debris. Even if there was a government lock down of this area, there could be some truth to this story. Has anyone in this forum heard about the discovery of "unusual debris" such as parts of a missile?

That site is awsome, it must be put out by a bunch of radical conspiracy theorists that are overthinking things
I can see it being a malfunctioning drone that wandered way off course from it's intended practice target with skewed preprogramming and it needed to be destroyed. But to blow this up into the conspiracy they did takes real creativity
They took everything that is happening and tied it together
I think they may have been using too much duck tape.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

With workers not finding problems with underground gas pipes, the National Transportation Safety Board has pulled out of the investigation.

Citizen Energy leaders say their workers haven't found the cause either, with no evidence of a leak in the gas lines running to the homes.

Still, Indianapolis Homeland Security is convinced natural gas is behind the blast, and investigators are focusing on home appliances.

Dr. John Goodpaster investigates explosions for a living, as the director of Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis Forensic and Investigative Sciences Program.

At the request of RTV6, he reviewed the aftermath of the deadly south side explosion that engulfed homes in flames late Saturday night, killing two people and creating a ripple of destruction.

"When you look at this damage, it literally does look like a bomb went off. It's catastrophic," said Goodpaster. "In terms of making a parallel, it's equivalent to literally having a bomb dropped on you, so like a military ammunition dropped from an airplane would cause similar damage to this."
Another very interesting article

The "expert" goes onto say he still thinks it's a gas explosion.

Things that make you go, "HHMMMM"…

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

That is a great article you found and it correlates well with others we have been seeing about the natural gases leaking up through the earth.

From your posted article:

"Our results demonstrate the need for baseline studies before the development of gas fields. We suspect that depressurisation (fracking, groundwater pumping) of the coal seams during gas extraction changes the soil structure (i.e., cracks, fissures) that enhance the release of greenhouse gases such as methane and carbon dioxide."

Methane Leaking from Coal Seam Gas Field

I wonder how much fracking is going on round the Indianapolis area and if that could be a factor?

~OkieDokie

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by NPSmutant

... if you look at Ms "Shirley/Roman"'s pictures-you can see its the same person-just older. Also, as someone who lived in Huntsville for 6 years, was also a microbiologist-except I was in Med School at UAH-UAB; AND, who's ex-hubby was/is a computer engineer who was working on the space station project in the early-mid 90's, (with Boeing, but they collaborated with Marshall)...

OK, let's just say that the reason for her divorce was something I can't say because it's supposed to remain "anonymous". It was "on-going" shall we say, would get better, pull out of financial mess, get "worse", go back into financial mess. I will also say that former "friends" of Ms Shirley had thought she was doing better, getting her RN, (with a Masters in Micro btw-hopefully you all will "see" where I'm going with this), divorce. BUT, her friends said she is VERY vulnerable, seems to be insecure without a man, and that they ARE concerned about this latest...relationship-and what may have been going on "inside" it...

Are you sure that the homeowner in Indianapolis is the same person? It sounds like you know the NASA microbiologist or know people who know her, and it will be quite interesting if the woman in Indianapolis is the same person. But if it is the same person, she must have changed a lot. I found a more recent photo (summer 2012 of the NASA microbiologist. Here are the photos side by side:

The one on the left is from the link you provided to the NASA microbiologist profile.

The middle one is of the same NASA microbiologist receiving an award as published in a NASA summer 2012 newsletter.

The one on the right is from a current news story about the homeowner and the Indianapolis explosion.

I see a resemblance in some features, but if this is the same person then her appearance must have changed a lot in less than 6 months.

top topics

<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join