It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant sonic boom felt and heard in Indianapolis Indiana(meteor? mass devastation Info blocade

page: 86
<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Indyboom - It is good to have people on the thread who live in that area. Thanks for posting and offering your help.

As others have said in this thread, I just wondered what a laser shot or a guided bomb blast might do if directed at a house like this and the gas main went up. I also think that we need to find out who lived there and what they did perhaps?

The other thought I had was that it was a 'hit' which went wrong (or was too dramatic). Maybe I have been watching too many movies, but this kind of thing must go on all the time and there are bound to be 'hits' which produce too much of an explosion. If it was a hit, then it is likely they got their man and his wife(?). (2 dead)

So it is possibly that both main suggestions may be correct it could be initiated by an unusual incident such as the ones we are suggesting but the end result was a dramatic gas explosion.

Possibly the earthquake/tremor and the explosion were not linked but within a few minutes of each other or else maybe it was a directional test of some new technology - which went wrong. We will never know.

It is highly likely that Uncle Sam and all the other "Uncles", have explosives and devices which make an explosion look like a natural gas explosion and this is what immediately springs to mind for most people and offers a plausible explanation for the newspapers. I can imagine it would be a perfect solution for the black ops men to use in domestic situations.

Looking at the image of the two houses that were totally destroyed, major damage is limited to two and a half houses made from wood. This would suggest that it is not caused by an arial explosion many feet above the ground perhaps?
There is no crater too so I dont think it could be something physical dropped on that area which makes us think it was not a meteor or bomb drop.

It is easy to have a public investigation to puut people's minds at rest.... No-one does anything after a public investigation and the fact that a few gas companies may get their knuckles rapped really does not affect anyone. We still have to have gas and we are still going to go with the cheapest provider at the time (probably). The public have a very short memory for event details like these.

What we need is somewhere to tie all these incidents together and analyse them all, bringing out the similarities so that we can spot another in the future. That would be one way to identify the organisation it should be pinned on to.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndyBoom
reply to post by Tecumte

Due to the fact the homeowners have been trying to sell the house for a year, they are upside down owe more than its worth, and have 2 morgages. The homeowners left town to go gambling in ohio and even boarded their cat (who boards a cat for the weekend they take care of them selves). Lets say they decided to leave the gas stove on high with a candle lit or some type of igniter. Do you think this would create this big of an explotion? The homeowners trying to get an insuracne claim to get out of the house.

Good points. Can't help being a bit suspicious of the owners circumstance....a few questions....did you smell anything in the air before during or after the explosion?? What type of crime scene/ security persons are there?? Welcome by the way

Oops...one more question. Did you hear any type of sound at all, out of the ordinary, BEFORE the explosion???
edit on 11/13/12 by j.r.c.b. because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I just cannot believe that a meteor could have been involved. Small meteors that make it through the atmosphere and retain cosmic velocity and are still incandescent, are extremely rare, and are almost always Irons, or chondrites with a very high Iron ratio. They are also super destructive for their size.

In recent times, there have only been a few small meteors to hit the earth at near cosmic velocity, 2 of which as listed below:

Year Weight Type Crater width Where Lat/Long
2007 15 kg H4-5 13 m Carancas, Peru 16°39'52''S 69°02'38''W
1990 325 kg iron 10 m Sterlitamak, Russia 53°40'N 55° 59'E

Both left substantial craters. But the Carancas event was one of the strangest impacts ever witnessed.

(The earliest impacts before these were rather huge, with Sikhot Alin happening in 1947, and was thousands of tons.)

Carancas, Peru Event

At 11:40:14 local time (16:40:14 GMT) on September 15, 2007, a chondritic meteorite crashed near the village of Carancas in the Puno Region, Peru, near the Bolivian border and Lake Titicaca.

The impact created a crater larger than 4.5 m (15 ft) deep, 13 m (43 ft) wide, with visibly scorched earth around the impact site. A local official, Marco Limache, said that “boiling water started coming out of the crater, and particles of rock and cinders were found nearby”, as “fetid, noxious” gases spewed from the crater. The crater size was given as 13.80 by 13.30 meters (45.28 by 43.64 feet), with its greatest dimensions in an east-west direction. The fireball had been observed by the locals as strongly luminous with a smoky tail, and seen from just 1000 meters (3280.84 ft) above the ground. The object moved in a direction toward N030E. The small seismic shock of the impact shattered the windows of the local health center 1-kilometer (0.62 mi) away. A smoke column was formed at the site that lasted several minutes, and gas was seen bubbling up in the water in the crater. Soon after the impact, over 600 villagers who had visited the site began to fall ill from unexplained causes, including symptoms of dermal injuries, nausea, headaches, diarrhea and vomiting........ (Source:Wikpedia) Carancas Event

People saw it fall, it left a rather large crater, and people got sick from the impact gasses. It also made 2 loud explosions, one as it broke the sound barrier (by a factor of about 10) before it hit, and then the explosion itself.

The damage done in Indy would be comparable to what this thing would cause if it had hit in a rural neighborhood, but the evidence would be there if a meteor was to blame, and we just do not see that.

Sterlitamak Event

n the 17 May 1990 at 23:20 local time , a 1000 - 1500kg meteorite, on a 45° angle of approach, impacted the ground forming a crater 20km west of Sterlitamak in Bashkiria. The crater is 15m of diameter and 4.5 to 5m deep. Unfortunately, image precision is not enough to see such a crater. The meteorite has been calculated as being a 100x100x28cm iron projectile which reach a -5 magnitude (brighter than Venus) during its entry through the Earths atmosphere. The impact velocity was estimated to be over 2 km/s and impact force was equal to 1 ton of TNT. The crater formed in a potato field was about 9.4 meter wide and 3 meter deep. A 300 kg meteorite was recovered from 15 meter below surface. The main mass is still in the crater; it is estimated that there should be at least one ton deeper in the ground.
Source: Astronomy

There are no readily available pictures of this event, but again, the evidence was a crater, with meteoric material being removed, and still in the ground.
edit on 13-11-2012 by charlyv because: spelling where caught

edit on 13-11-2012 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove

Originally posted by Trillium

Originally posted by LouisianaMan
reply to post by pshan

All you have to do as part of a coverup department is read every blog or speculative article on what the cause is. That tells them what the easiest thing to explain it away with. I knew when I kept reading "gas explosion" even though the ruled it out, they would eventually would find a way to come back with gas explosion. People have lost the ability to think anymore, rationalize for themselves.

nothing anyone can say about that scene from what I have seen and heard can convince me that was a gas explosion. There have been gas explosions for decades, never one like that. That's all you need to know. That kind of explosion gave the same reverberation as the 2000 lb bombs they drop on the Taliban. You are going to tell me a gas leak can do the same thing??? Seriously? wow, all this time, we could saving millions on 2000 lbs bombs and just create a gas leak and light a match. Just think....... it's that simple. IMO it's a meteor or the last thing I want to think is that our military and other military worldwide are now attacking their own people with drones or sonic weapons. Stealth? It doesn't add up. There will be more soon...... watch and see

Oh do you mean something like this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

or like these
www.abovetopsecret.com...

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov... VJ38;orb=1

I think you are in the wrong thread my friend..

just saying.....

Just because you think so does not make it so.
If you want to keep your head in the ground please do so.
Me i'm going to keep looking up Just saying

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyntheticPerception

Possible? Likely?

If they used some leftover explosions from the October munition blast!
It is hard to say.. The damage just seems to be on such a large scale. In my humble opinion of course

I agree with you the damage *looks* almost? intentional, and out of scale frrom what one might expect from an accident inside the home, again I had wondered though if myabe something explosive was stored there, that greatly accelerated the explosion. I don't really know what an exploding 'McMansion' looks like especially IF it had 3 stories full of gas before something set it off. (would seem to rule out a kitchen level pilot light though). For a moment I had wondered about some form of ammonium nitrate etc. (which I would think would leave a well detectible residue and supposedly a 'bomb' was ruled out) maybe some form of explosive accelerant though?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by j.r.c.b.

I did not smell anything unusual, I went outside immediatelyafter the blast, and then I was walking around trying to get as close as possible to see what was going on. But due to the traffic and the amount of emergency personel (seemed like a hundred fire trucks and ambulences) I could not get closer than seeing the flames from where the school area and fields north of where neighborhood is located. There is only one road that goes into the neighborhood, they had the street closed at each major intersection going in stop 11 and sherman and county line and shrerman. I was able to walk into the field area around the school. I was told Homeland security was on site very quickly. But this could be due to the size of blast.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

reply to post by j.r.c.b.

I did not smell anything unusual, I went outside immediatelyafter the blast, and then I was walking around trying to get as close as possible to see what was going on. But due to the traffic and the amount of emergency personel (seemed like a hundred fire trucks and ambulences) I could not get closer than seeing the flames from where the school area and fields north of where neighborhood is located. There is only one road that goes into the neighborhood, they had the street closed at each major intersection going in stop 11 and sherman and county line and shrerman. I was able to walk into the field area around the school. I was told Homeland security was on site very quickly. But this could be due to the size of blast.

TY for the quick reply. Great observations you made. Does anyone know, is it normal for Homeland Security to be on scene so quickly???

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
I just cannot believe that a meteor could have been involved. Small meteors that make it through the atmosphere and retain cosmic velocity and are still incandescent, are extremely rare, and are almost always Irons, or chondrites with a very high Iron ratio. They are also super destructive for their size.

In recent times, there have only been a few small meteors to hit the earth, 2 of which as listed below:

Both left substantial craters. But the Carancas event was one of the strangest impacts ever witnessed.

(The earliest impacts before these were rather huge, with Sikhot Alin happening in 1947, and was thousands of tons.)

Carancas, Peru Event

At 11:40:14 local time (16:40:14 GMT) on September 15, 2007, a chondritic meteorite crashed near the village of Carancas in the Puno Region, Peru, near the Bolivian border and Lake Titicaca.

The impact created a crater larger than 4.5 m (15 ft) deep, 13 m (43 ft) wide, with visibly scorched earth around the impact site. A local official, Marco Limache, said that “boiling water started coming out of the crater, and particles of rock and cinders were found nearby”, as “fetid, noxious” gases spewed from the crater. The crater size was given as 13.80 by 13.30 meters (45.28 by 43.64 feet), with its greatest dimensions in an east-west direction. The fireball had been observed by the locals as strongly luminous with a smoky tail, and seen from just 1000 meters (3280.84 ft) above the ground. The object moved in a direction toward N030E. The small seismic shock of the impact shattered the windows of the local health center 1-kilometer (0.62 mi) away. A smoke column was formed at the site that lasted several minutes, and gas was seen bubbling up in the water in the crater. Soon after the impact, over 600 villagers who had visited the site began to fall ill from unexplained causes, including symptoms of dermal injuries, nausea, headaches, diarrhea and vomiting........ (Source:Wikpedia) Carancas Event

People saw it fall, it left a rather large crater, and people got sick from the impact gasses. It also made 2 loud explosions, one as it broke the sound barrier (by a factor of about 10) before it hit, and then the explosion itself.

The damage done in Indy would be comparable to what this thing would cause if it had hit in a rural neighborhood, but the evidence would be there if a meteor was to blame, and we just do not see that.

Sterlitamak Event

n the 17 May 1990 at 23:20 local time , a 1000 - 1500kg meteorite, on a 45° angle of approach, impacted the ground forming a crater 20km west of Sterlitamak in Bashkiria. The crater is 15m of diameter and 4.5 to 5m deep. Unfortunately, image precision is not enough to see such a crater. The meteorite has been calculated as being a 100x100x28cm iron projectile which reach a -5 magnitude (brighter than Venus) during its entry through the Earths atmosphere. The impact velocity was estimated to be over 2 km/s and impact force was equal to 1 ton of TNT. The crater formed in a potato field was about 9.4 meter wide and 3 meter deep. A 300 kg meteorite was recovered from 15 meter below surface. The main mass is still in the crater; it is estimated that there should be at least one ton deeper in the ground.

There are no readily available pictures of this event, but again, the evidence was a crater, with meteoric material being removed, and still in the ground.

"Most meteoroids disintegrate when entering Earth's atmosphere. However, an estimated 500 meteorites ranging in size from marbles to basketballs or larger do reach the surface each year only 5 or 6 of these are typically recovered and made known to scientists. Few meteorites are large enough to create large impact craters. Instead, they typically arrive at the surface at their terminal velocity and, at most, create a small pit. Even so, falling meteorites have reportedly caused damage to property, and injuries to livestock and people"

if there wasn't 2 three story houses and concrete basement in the way maybe the meteorites would have left a crater....

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo
Indyboom - It is good to have people on the thread who live in that area. Thanks for posting and offering your help.

As others have said in this thread, I just wondered what a laser shot or a guided bomb blast might do if directed at a house like this and the gas main went up. I also think that we need to find out who lived there and what they did perhaps?

The other thought I had was that it was a 'hit' which went wrong (or was too dramatic). Maybe I have been watching too many movies, but this kind of thing must go on all the time and there are bound to be 'hits' which produce too much of an explosion. If it was a hit, then it is likely they got their man and his wife(?). (2 dead)

So it is possibly that both main suggestions may be correct it could be initiated by an unusual incident such as the ones we are suggesting but the end result was a dramatic gas explosion.

Possibly the earthquake/tremor and the explosion were not linked but within a few minutes of each other or else maybe it was a directional test of some new technology - which went wrong. We will never know.

It is highly likely that Uncle Sam and all the other "Uncles", have explosives and devices which make an explosion look like a natural gas explosion and this is what immediately springs to mind for most people and offers a plausible explanation for the newspapers. I can imagine it would be a perfect solution for the black ops men to use in domestic situations.

Looking at the image of the two houses that were totally destroyed, major damage is limited to two and a half houses made from wood. This would suggest that it is not caused by an arial explosion many feet above the ground perhaps?
There is no crater too so I dont think it could be something physical dropped on that area which makes us think it was not a meteor or bomb drop.

It is easy to have a public investigation to puut people's minds at rest.... No-one does anything after a public investigation and the fact that a few gas companies may get their knuckles rapped really does not affect anyone. We still have to have gas and we are still going to go with the cheapest provider at the time (probably). The public have a very short memory for event details like these.

What we need is somewhere to tie all these incidents together and analyse them all, bringing out the similarities so that we can spot another in the future. That would be one way to identify the organisation it should be pinned on to.

I guess a big question then is were the deceased bystanders or targets.

Earlier in the thread, a high tech resume was published allgedly belonging to the deceased gentleman. Things like working with ;plasma' "RF" etc. and his skill list seemed impressive.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
And what about these cover up did you ever see them in the new's NO

www.rumormillnews.com...

rabbithole2.com...

edit on 13-11-2012 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

reply to post by Tecumte

Due to the fact the homeowners have been trying to sell the house for a year, they are upside down owe more than its worth, and have 2 morgages. The homeowners left town to go gambling in ohio and even boarded their cat (who boards a cat for the weekend they take care of them selves). Lets say they decided to leave the gas stove on high with a candle lit or some type of igniter. Do you think this would create this big of an explotion? The homeowners trying to get an insuracne claim to get out of the house.

I thought the house was empty of furniture and such. By necessity I would think that would mean other arrangements would be made for the cat. Reports also say the boyfriend and his friend were at the house earlier in the day.

What would happen if you turned the gas on for all appliances without lighting it and letting it build until a timed device set it off? Would there be enough gas to make it blow like this?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

In recent times, there have only been a few small meteors to hit the earth at near cosmic velocity, 2 of which as listed below:

Carancas, Peru Event

Sterlitamak Event

edit on 13-11-2012 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

Just think a bit smaller about a basket ball size
now with all the house debri and the watering down the crater may not be as define as in your picture

rabbithole2.com...

edit on 13-11-2012 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by diesel_actual

"Most meteoroids disintegrate when entering Earth's atmosphere. However, an estimated 500 meteorites ranging in size from marbles to basketballs or larger do reach the surface each year only 5 or 6 of these are typically recovered and made known to scientists. Few meteorites are large enough to create large impact craters. Instead, they typically arrive at the surface at their terminal velocity and, at most, create a small pit. Even so, falling meteorites have reportedly caused damage to property, and injuries to livestock and people"

That is the point, nothing terminal velocity of these sizes would do this kind of damage. Cosmic velocity meteors do big damage but always leave raised rim craters that are unmistakable for impact events. The Indy scene does not show this kind of characteristic, and the center of impact would be completely vacated of material, as well as showing a crater.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

You would have to time it to go off when it is between 5 and 15% gas to oxygen ratio. That's off the top of my head, the numbers might not be perfect. I remember that is is a small % range, 10-15% that it would have to be. It's somewhere in this monster thread. An expert was quoted.
edit on Tue, 13 Nov 2012 20:32:02 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

The deceased, lived in home next to the one that exploded first.

Jennifer and Dion Longworth, School Teacher and A/V engineer

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

You would have to time it to go off when it is between 5 and 15% gas to oxygen ratio. That's off the top of my head, the numbers might not be perfect. I remember that is is a small % range, 10-15% that it would have to be. It's somewhere in this monster thread. An expert was quoted.
edit on Tue, 13 Nov 2012 20:32:02 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

Yes after 20% it very hard to impossible to start it to much fuel to oxygen mix
timing would have to be pecfect.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical

reply to post by Tecumte

I thought the house was empty of furniture and such. By necessity I would think that would mean other arrangements would be made for the cat. Reports also say the boyfriend and his friend were at the house earlier in the day.

What would happen if you turned the gas on for all appliances without lighting it and letting it build until a timed device set it off? Would there be enough gas to make it blow like this?

Reports also say the boyfriend and his friend were at the house earlier in the day

That's interesting and definately a huge bit of info if true.

Source on that?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by diesel_actual

In recent times, there have only been a few small meteors to hit the earth, 2 of which as listed below:

Carancas, Peru Event

Sterlitamak Event

if there wasn't 2 three story houses and concrete basement in the way maybe the meteorites would have left a crater....

Can someone circle in that picture where Jennifer and Dion Longworth's home was in it?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
here ya go

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Wow. We're on page 86 and three days since the "event " took place. There has been many alphabet soup government agencies on the ground and we still have no definitive answer.

Every conspiracy theorist's dream come true.

As for the cause - I can't say. I'm definitely not educated enough in these fields to know.

My hope is that it was a horrible, terrible accident. But something about the homeowners stinks to me. I know there has been bits and pieces of info about the "players" in the home that was the source of the explosion.

Anyone really good at web sleuthing these peeps and bringing any pertinent info to the table?

As for the icon for reading all the pages - I want one! ! Forget that, I want a medal

new topics

top topics

<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join