It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant sonic boom felt and heard in Indianapolis Indiana(meteor? mass devastation Info blocade

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Anyone that is in the area (OP?), if it is not a safety issue, should grab any unidentifiable debris that has rained down. Perhaps a closer look may help to identify the source. Just a notion to perhaps narrow it down but by no means put yourself into harms way in any manner to do so.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx
Has any one thought this could be a vindictive ex-owners "F-you" retaliation to a home foreclosure?

It was the first thing that popped in my head. I hope no one was hurt.

Come on you don't take out a hole neiberhood because you want to tell the
Bank to F***** OFF

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Control under authority is letting some of its units go. all medical units are released to service.

Command from operations- where do u wan it? On top 11?

Command Response- We are going to need the manpower intitially to pick up the hose so wherever they stage should b within walking distance.

If u could have all the incoming ones coming into the complex

Operations- how many battle chiefs and safety officers can we let go?

Command-Response-We could probably run now with 1 chief.

Operations- Tango 1 chief and 1 safety officer.

CommandResponse-Clear

Command- We got to rotate a new SO and Chief for the old ones here.

Medic Eng 83,84 lad 13 84 batt 8 = 20 garage fire 03:18 1100 sth 50 west.

Medic-1502 east skimmer st sick person 03:18 location 2750 sth

Medic- Eng 11 med 326 nth hamilton ave unconsious person 0319 400nth 2100 east1500 east

sth western ave go to garage- 2 houses down please.

Eng 55 med 20 - 5325east sth port rd heart chestpains

Medic 50 contact control!

and several other reports of unconsious people reported.

possible affects of a dirty bomb?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
before picture of the houses

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

I heard it too.Not sure if it's related. I'm following this thread but so far I see nothing more then just a natural gas explosion.
edit on 11-11-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Paradox1121

with all the unconscious and heart related calls, i was beginning to think similar.
boy, i thought traffic in our region was busy but it isn't even close to theirs.

*** more difficulty breathing reports ... sonic boom, shaking ground miles away ... gas explosion just doesn't cut it, ya know ?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
all eyes will be on it in the morning hopefully and we can figure out what has happened

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

Yes, but it's also quite common for individuals to underestimate the power of things due to years of TV and movies.

If it was an intentional gas explosion I could see it being a matter of "oh #!!!!! I didn't expect that."

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
There was a gas explosion over here a few months back and I can tell you it must've been some blast judging by the site and debris. This could easily be a gas explosion, but it looks like a very big gas explosion and the reports of unconscious people still ties in with that

Edit: It must've been a hell of a big build up of gas.

Additionally, very similar debris field www.telegraph.co.uk...[edit by]edit on 11-11-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

If anyone is going to do this, please be careful what you pick up. Depending on what this was you could be handling something harmful.

As well, if it was aircraft, or an intentional explosion you could be tampering with evidence. If it was as another suggested Satellite(not necessarily the case but who knows) you could be "stealing" from the government, or handling dangerous materials. If it was god forbid as another said a dirty bomb, you could be bringing something potentially deadly into your home.

Because the event remains unknown, I would be really careful what you handle if you even want to play with the risks at all.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

ok, here's the part that i don't understand.
perhaps you or someone else can/will enlighten me.

in a vacant (for sale) house, the gas is usually turned off.
even IF the exterior pipes were stolen (for copper), the gas flow should still be off.
so, even IF the pipes were removed and gas was still flowing, how does/would a build up occur in the house ? the same house which no longer has any pipes connected to it ?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Personally, I doubt this was from a vacant house, just guessing but I would say (going on it being a gas explosion), that it happened in an occupied house.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

ok, here's the part that i don't understand.
perhaps you or someone else can/will enlighten me.

in a vacant (for sale) house, the gas is usually turned off.
even IF the exterior pipes were stolen (for copper), the gas flow should still be off.
so, even IF the pipes were removed and gas was still flowing, how does/would a build up occur in the house ? the same house which no longer has any pipes connected to it ?

Ya don't add up to me either.
I think the small gas fire are secondary after the explosion happen

and unconsious people reported could be from shell shock take a few hour to set in sometime
edit on 11-11-2012 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

I know when the market crashed last time people were doing some desperate things, I hope this is not one of them.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx
reply to post by UberL33t

If anyone is going to do this, please be careful what you pick up. Depending on what this was you could be handling something harmful.

As well, if it was aircraft, or an intentional explosion you could be tampering with evidence. If it was as another suggested Satellite(not necessarily the case but who knows) you could be "stealing" from the government, or handling dangerous materials. If it was god forbid as another said a dirty bomb, you could be bringing something potentially deadly into your home.

Because the event remains unknown, I would be really careful what you handle if you even want to play with the risks at all.
I want to go out and search but it just doesn't feel safe right now, I went on my porch to smoke a cig and the lights kept dimming like power is being lost. im not even sure where to look, and it's dark out, in about an hour it will start getting light out.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

My conspiracy mind went to dirty bomb also.

Just nerves and it being 2012.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
reply to post by Honor93

Personally, I doubt this was from a vacant house, just guessing but I would say (going on it being a gas explosion), that it happened in an occupied house.
i used the vacant house analogy because some of the first photos posted include a "for sale by owner" sign [which sparked other curious questions] ... you can see for yourself here ... and if i did that link wrong -> pg 3 toward the bottom.

fyi, i am merely evaluating the "story" being told at this point, nothing more.
currently, i find it hard to swallow ... however, since we know nothing about those who did perish, i suppose it's possible an occupied dwelling was the origin of the blast.

in an occupied dwelling though, occupants should have detected/smelled a build up that big, long before the point of explosion.

and for some odd reason, my gutt is telling me the end result is going to be declared a suicide.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

My conspiracy mind went to dirty bomb also.

Just nerves and it being 2012.

a "vacant" home would be a good place to plant something like that, I was right at the ground zero area, and was in the smoke cloud, I'm not feeling anything right now, but I know people who live a lot closer are having issues so idk.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

Okay, well I will run it down from what I know. The gas is usually shut off at the main line while a house is unoccupied, how ever if a house had just been purchased it could have been turned on for the new owners to move in.

Now, if while the house was vacant someone broke in to steal the copper, they would steal the copper pipes inside the house, leaving the main gas line into the home which runs under ground. You could only get so close to the outside of the house with out tearing it apart, before you could even reach the main line, and I don't think they bury copper pipe because it corrodes to quickly. So, if this was the case(which we can't say for sure at this time.) when the gas would be turned on from the outside, it would fill the house, unknown to those around the home.

Perhaps, the gas was turned on and someone came back to try to steal more, or the owner came to inspect the home, or an automatic light turned on, or the water heater cycled, all it would take is a spark for the natural gas to light. Static discharge is enough with the right fuel air mixture.

This can happen in occupied homes as well, all it takes is a small leak, a pilot light going out for instance and time to reach the optimum mixture and Kaboom. Kid turned on a light, Unplugged an appliance, you turn on the stove, static discharge. Natural gas can be extremely destructive.

A vacant home makes more sense because it would have time to reach the optimum fuel air mixture, before ignition. As well, it would have more empty space for a uninhibited detonation.

Keep in mind some of the most devistating conventional explosives are fuel air mixture explosives. Examples being MOAB
FOAB
daisy cutter

These powerful explosives set off a charge dispersing, gas, liquid or powder fuel into the air, then a secondary explosive igniting the mixture creating a truly devastating shock wave.

These links were simply trying to help the understanding of how devastating a gas leak explosion can be in the right circumstances.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
RT reporting a natural gas explosion has not been ruled out:

A preliminary investigation is currently underway to ascertain what triggered the explosion. Firemen have not yet ruled out that the blast could have been caused by natural gas, although initial speculation of a possible plane crash has been ruled out.

rt.com...

It's quite disconcerting that a natural gas explosion like this could happen

edit on 11-11-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join