It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant sonic boom felt and heard in Indianapolis Indiana(meteor? mass devastation Info blocade

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Reply to post by severdsoul

They dont have that in the new pre-fab neighborhoods going up in my area but its probable that those homes had what your talking about.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Reply to post by drphilxr

Meth lab?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

There you go people.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

I was driving home from work Saturday niight, 9:30 pm in. I am in South Carolina. Traveling south on Hwy 102 off of Hwy 9 I saw a meteorite or something coming fast and low across the sky. I'm not good with directions but it seemed to be coming from Northeast. It was a fireball of some sort and going very fast. I lost track of it because of trees.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Reply to post by scaredlady

it would have to be heading northwest

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I have to say I'm finding it weird we have people showing up on a Monday morning to post links to MSM stories 'explaining' what happened when the explosion took place Saturday night and this thread is 55 pages deep. Almost like here's your explanation, not stop discussing it.

Blah.....

Anywhos......

I would like to ask that anyone that continues to follow this to be on the look out for surveillance camera footage. With the houses and businesses in the area I would think that someone might have caught it. Could help solve the mystry of the shaking people reported feeling before the explosion.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trillium
Ok here a good one from a facebook posted

My house shook before I heard the explosion. Is it possible there was an earthquake that could of caused the explosion?

Or something hit the ground first.

Yes, but likely what you experienced is the ground shock (as it travels much faster than the sound), then you heard the noise. I don't see how an earthquake could do this. The meteor theory perhaps, or someone messing around with a large amount of energy somehow.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Reply to post by OneisOne

This is indiana your talking about... Theres not going to be any 'out there' explanations lol.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChesterJohn
Does anyone know where the Hunters in Tennessee were hunting at the time they saw the Meteorite?

I am trying to map out some trajectory of a meteorite that three witnesses have said they saw at the time of the explosion on in the UK one in TN and the other in SC.

If anyone else saw a meteorite at the time of the explosion please give you location and the direct and angle (best as you can guess) so I can work on a mapping model. If you happen to notice the time please note that too.
edit on 12-11-2012 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

Hey Chester, my wife and father-in-law were outside the house about an hour before the event in Indianapolis and they heard a loud boom, unlike any gun blast they've heard. I was in the house in my office at the computer against the wall and I also heard the boom but not real loud and also my desk is against the wall and it felt as if something hit against the wall, I thought it was them throwing something against the house, didn't think much about it till they came in and said it was a boom. It was cloudy and overcast here in northern Wisconsin so nothing could be seen but we determined it was most likely a meteor. The wife said too that just seconds after the first boom she heard a whooshing sound that lasted a few seconds. Thoughts were that this was a smaller fragment maybe from the breaking up of the meteor. Also, on Halloween night I posted in another thread about fireballs being seen that I saw one to the NNW sky from here a very bright falling star (fireball) that fell straight down. Don't see them fall that way very often. Last night I was talking with a friend about this Indianapolis thing and he said he saw a fireball fall straight down also in the northern sky just two nights before this.

Seems like with all these other witnesses on Friday night they were probably separate events. There are a lot of fireball events lately, and I'm curious to how many of these witnesses are seeing them fall straight down. After considering all this...I believe that the explosion in Indianapolis could possibly have been a meteor, especially with reports of shockwaves so far away. I simply can't see a gas leak from an appliance even remotely having a chance of causing an explosion that large. Only thing that gets me is that there is no impact crater. I'm no expert so I'm asking here, could a small meteor possibly disintegrate just before hitting the ground, yet cause the explosion?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Am I on crazy pills, or are most of the people posting here a bunch of slowskys? Lets see we are 55 pages deep in this and I keep seeing people posting....Meth Lab? Or posting news links of old information.

Do us all a favor, read the thread before you post!
We are running circles here because, so many of you are to lazy to review the information already discussed.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
So in my post above I asked that we keep an eye out for surveillance camera footage.

I found this clip on youtube. It does not have a visual, but you can hear the explosion.

The YT user states the camera is 15 miles away from where the explosion happened. It looks like this is taken from a live webcam feed for wildlife viewing.

Also as someone else noted, the explosion happens at 11:10pm on 11/10. (month/day format)

youtube

So if you follow the story keep an eye out for simliar videos that might give a visual of the explosion.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

I'm not ruling out a meteor either. I have seen meteors falling straight down. Reports of meteors have been on the rise lately. What makes a meteor seem unlikely to me though, is the lack of a big crater.

What I'm leaning toward is some kind of assassination / murder.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Has this been discussed here yet?
Someone posted this about 30 minutes ago on the comment section on the huff post article...

"chilling report circulating in the Kremlin this afternoon released by the Aerospace Defence Forces (VKO) states that Kosmos 2479 detected the firing of two AGM-114 Hellfire missiles from a MQ-1 Predator drone yesterday being operated by the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) over the United States city of Indianapolis that resulted in a massive explosion [photo 2nd left], and from local US media reports resulted in at least two deaths.

Kosmos 2479 is an early warning satellite launched in 2012 as part of the VKO's Oko programme and monitors the US from geostationary orbit for all possible threats, including the tracking of American airspace for US Air Force and CIA fighter jets, bombers and drones "

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I think there was a slow gas leak in the empty house. Once the house filled to the brim, a meteor hit the house, setting off the gas.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
gas leak seems out do to the fact both houses were demolished,the more i look at the site the more i lean toward the double impact from external source or bomb inside both houses.and the meteor idea doesnt fit,no evidence of such.and on the gas leak idea,if one house had a leak,at the explosion time most of the blast would of been contained in the house meaning not enough power to demolish the other completely.looking at it from the street it looks like two identical explosions.perhaps they were not sure about the adress?i am leaning towards criminal act do to the twin sincronized imapcts.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I truly believe this was a bolide, or fireball.

A fireball is a brighter-than-usual meteor. The International Astronomical Union defines a fireball as "a meteor brighter than any of the planets" (magnitude −4 or greater).[11] The International Meteor Organization (an amateur organization that studies meteors) has a more rigid definition. It defines a fireball as a meteor that would have a magnitude of −3 or brighter if seen at zenith. This definition corrects for the greater distance between an observer and a meteor near the horizon. For example, a meteor of magnitude −1 at 5 degrees above the horizon would be classified as a fireball because if the observer had been directly below the meteor it would have appeared as magnitude −6.[12] For 2011 there are 4589 fireballs records at the American Meteor Society.[13] [edit]Bolide

en.wikipedia.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink">wikipedia

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by PAranormal

It's sorcha faal information, or something like that. Know hoaxer.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by PAranormal

yes that was posted here by some one else and it seems to fit more the seen then other ideas pushed around in this op.my opinion.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Reply to post by imagineering

If you live in indiana you would understand that it being a meth lab isn't that unlikely... I was joking with that comment.

I agree 55 pages is a bit much, how bout not clicking on this thread instead of moaning?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Interesting that it happened at 11:10pm... Coincidence, or did something trigger the explosion at exactly this time?

For those that think this could have been a meteor, one meteor has been thought to have caused an airblast doing massive amounts of damage, but the odds are astronomically low that the one house would have been hit so spot on, and it couldn't have been as big as the meteorite that broke up over Tunguska.

At 7:17 AM on the morning of June 30, 1908, a mysterious explosion occurred in the skies over Siberia. It was caused by the impact and breakup of a large meteorite, at an altitude roughly six kilometers in the atmosphere. Realistic pictures of the event are unavailable. However, Russian scientists collected eyewitness accounts of the event. I believe that we now know enough about large impacts to "decode" the subjective descriptions of the witnesses and create realistic views of this historic asteroid impact as seen from different distances.

edit on 12-11-2012 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-11-2012 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join