It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant sonic boom felt and heard in Indianapolis Indiana(meteor? mass devastation Info blocade

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by azoth88

They then cut to the spokesperson from Citizens Energy company who said that they have tested the area and detected no natural gas leaks

All that means is that the gas company checked the pipes in the neighborhood and found no leaks in
the system

Plenty of other ways for gas to leak out

Most likey be an appliance in the house - stove, dryer, water heater, fireplace.......

Ways can leak - human error, someone doesn't turn valve all way off, enough for gas to escape without
pilot light igniting

As FF had one like this last week - someone didnt close valve and left apartment, Neighbors call us when
smell gas. We get there find door locked, bust it in and check apartment, Found stove left on

Mechanical error - water heater, most new applicance have automatic ignition, older ones still use pilot
lights. For some reason pilot light goes out or fails to ignite, gas builds up

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Hey everyone.

First of all, I live in Indianapolis and used to actually live a few blocks from where this happened. Because I'm a nosey nerd that needs to know what happened, I haven't really slept much since the alert came up on my phone Friday night. Here's what I know:

1) They did allow reporters to broadcast live from the elementary school where people were evacuated. Our local station RTV6 (our ABC) was live for several hours. I finally fell asleep at 3 AM when it was STILL live. Cameras were NOT allowed inside the school due to privacy reasons, but one of the reporters were allowed to go in and talk to families. This being said.... Erica, the reporter who did talk to families seemed "off"... Like there was something she couldn't say.

2) Our mayor, Greg Ballard, was at the marine ball when it happened and zipped on over after hearing the devistation was worse than what was originally reported. He spoke on camera a few times, but it was like a stone face. I get he may have been tired and so on;however, I had the gut feeling that something wasn't right. He wasn't acting as he usually does, especially when there's a camera in his face. Honestly, the news alert I got on my phone was more vague than anything. It made it sound like there was a small oven/gas incident. It wasn't until reporters went live and started to describe the scene that I noticed everything was really out of place.

3) Saturday morning they interviewed a woman whose husband went door to door knocking on neighbors doors to help get people out. (There was stories of this on the live cast, but they weren't allowed to talk to cameras at that point) She told a story about how he found a girl bloody who was saying something about two other people in the house that needed help, however the fire was too bad to attempt the save for them. This makes no sense. The Greenwood teacher and her husband did not have a child. Thus saying.... There had to be more that 2 fatalities.

4) A seasoned police deputy was interviewed on Friday night that was extremely shaken up. I don't want to post inaccurately and I was exhausted when I watched his interview, but he did say he was a few blocks away and his whole car shook more than once.

5) The pattern of debris does not replicate or resemble in the slightest any gas explosion I have ever seen. Especially, the ones around here. Citizen's Gas has already released a statement saying it was NOT gas related.

6) It was also released and determined that it was NOT a meth lab or bomb.

7) Back to the live reports that I saw on Friday night, They said right away it was NOT a plane..... My question is if the fire is still going and the smoke is too thick to see anything, how in the world can you determine something so quick? That's fishy to me.

8) The people that own the house that blew up were gone for the weekend.

9) Originally, nobody was allowed to drop off donated items directly. They had to be taken to a drop off center and police would take it over. Knowing the area, this makes no sense. The school is the center of many housing editions, so the fact that people couldn't just go help the victims directly really makes me believe there is an information block going on.

I apologize for my post jumping around so much. Blame it on exhaustion. I honestly believe that there's something more going on here. After reading this whole thread, I can honestly say I'm on the side of it being a drone/NASA involvement/sky impact (which gets tricky with the whole crater thing) .... I'm not somebody who believes in hype or buys in to a whole lot of "magic" and "theories".... However, this isn't right. Nobody here believes it is as it has been reported.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Pennylane

Appreciate the input here but there is still too much speculation and it is still way too early to determine the exact cause. I would strongly disagree with this part:

5) The pattern of debris does not replicate or resemble in the slightest any gas explosion I have ever seen. Especially, the ones around here. Citizen's Gas has already released a statement saying it was NOT gas related.

And:

8) The people that own the house that blew up were gone for the weekend.

A gas appliance could easily have been left on.

It DOES look like a gas explosion as far as I'm concerned, however that's just my opinion.
edit on 12-11-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

I didn't come to the conclusion of my opinion on my own.
My friend's husband came to me to make sure I was okay. (They were unaware I had moved)
He has done multiple tours in Iraq and went on a tangent how that didn't look right to be just a gas related explosion. Based on his knowledge, plus my own research and also compared to other local gas incidents that's just what I think.

I could be wrong. Actually. I hope I am wrong.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Fair enough mate, glad you weren't there and tbh, only time will tell before the exact cause is known.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Maskander

I noticed the cloud formation in the first photo you posted. It looks like a tube coming from the sky down ...take a look..what might cause that? I never have seen anything like that.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

point 4) his car shook twice because their is the Percussion Wave from the sound and then their is the ground shock wave. the second travels slower than the first.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by OldSchoolMom

I see what you mean, could it maybe be a search light from a helecopter? Doesn't really look like it, it resembles almost like a mini tornado amidst the smoke.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
we had a small meteorite fragment about the size of your pinky nail hit our tin roof it was real loud louder than any gun or cannons I have shot off.

It ripped right through and buried itself in the dirt below. those fragments travel very fast and often are not even on fire.

Now above we have one in UK, one in SC and one in Tennessee that all saw a bright light in the sky about that time. To see it at the same time from three locations especially between UK and US would put that light way up in the atmosphere and it would probably never have hit Indiana if it is the same event.

Of course the Gas company will say it ruled out a gas leak on their lines. so now it is either a leak in the house or something else entirely.
edit on 12-11-2012 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Meteor I saw had extreme downward angle and was extremely fast, I thought holy shnikes never seen a meteor like that, most streak across sky in upper atmosphere. Actually paused for about ten seconds thinking I would hear something. Air burst possibility.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Right.. This idea is so far fetched I dont know why I'm even suggesting it but WHAT IF
.. It was an alien encounter ? Please don't laugh be nice to me

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dickrichards
Meteor I saw had extreme downward angle and was extremely fast, I thought holy shnikes never seen a meteor like that, most streak across sky in upper atmosphere. Actually paused for about ten seconds thinking I would hear something. Air burst possibility.

Where are you located in the US?

or are you the one from SC or Tennessee?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

I'm the Columbia SC eye witness.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by dickrichards

There are the reports in denver, but i would think something that could
make a mess like this would have been all over ATS by now.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Haven't read through all 50+ pages so apologies if this has been said before, but there are rumors floating around the comment sections of some of the main MSM news websites, and someone was saying that it could have had something to do with fracking. Apparently someone smelled methane gas only a few minutes before the entire neighborhood blew up. Is there a possibility that an underground methane pocket found its way to the surface and blew up? This blast was felt from several counties away according to eye-witness reports.

I haven't followed this story too closely, but is there also a possibility of a meteorite strike? I remembered reading somewhere that someone saw a column of fire in the sky right before the explosion.

Either way, my thoughts are out there with the people affected by this tragedy.

-TS

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by dickrichards

still if they saw the same thing from TN then it might but we also have one who saw it from the UK. Even so it is very hard to tell what is down when it is so high up. You are at least 600 miles away if not further and though these things travel very fast it would have to be calculated to the second to know for sure.

Now if we can get a triangulation from the three meteorite witnesses on where the north pole was and the direction from there you would probably say something like it was WNW traveling downward at a 7 to 10 degree angle. The hunters in TN would have to say almost due north and 1 degree angle. and the guy in the UK would say West and no angle just across the sky.

There would be a slight problem in that if you all saw the same event even within seconds it would be traveling faster than any meteorite has been recorded to travel. we would need exact times to calculate if it was the same meteorite. There is a chance that it could be. the Guy in the UK saw it one minute before you and you saw it a few seconds before the guys in the TN.

That could work. But why be so hush about it? A meteorite might not be covered by insurance seeing that would be considered and act of God.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
This "event" is crazy!! I tried off and on yesterday to get info on TV and all I got was "General Betray Us", crap none ending jeeeze!! The same on the radio. WTF! It really must be some kind of cover up going on..has to be.

The News media is either so stupid with thinking we give a crap about "General Betray Us", never ending coverage and not "whole area blown up, hundreds of homes and people in shock" WTF!!

It really pisses me off. What the hell is going on with the media!! Where are "real investigators" ? All we get are morons running the show!!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

5) The pattern of debris does not replicate or resemble in the slightest any gas explosion I have ever seen. Especially, the ones around here.

Curious, how many gas explosions have you investigated? Why are explosions in your area different from other places in the world? Different physics?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Well for me, what I observered was due NW and initially appeared to have a slight left to right arcing trajectory and shot nearly straight down. I don't see it as being hush, hush an explosion with fire would natually cause one to suspect gas leak.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I seen one too at about that time frame. I didn't think much of it because I thought I read there was supposed to be a meteor shower at about that time. I'm in Central Kentucky and the object appeared to be falling NNW of my location.

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join