It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant sonic boom felt and heard in Indianapolis Indiana(meteor? mass devastation Info blocade

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sebHFX
reply to post by Katharos62191

what I don't get is how come they don't know already what the cause is? It's been a day. Even when it's criminal, it doesn't take that long to find the source. I really don't get it.

I've been wondering the same thing exactly, I don't get it. By now you would at least think we would have an excuse for the situation. I feel they know what really happened, and just don't want to say, or they honestly don't know which would make it even weirder. Either way though I find it very odd.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by pjv31
I think I'm gonna close my account on this site. I originally came here to check out info on ufo sightings and such. But some of you are absolutely off your rocker.

So there is an explosion and it takes out 2 houses and fires spreads to others. That means it must be....A missile strike, a Jumbo jet crash, mortar strike, dirty bomb, micro nuke, drone strike, God himself. I mean come on. Its a freakin gas explosion. Do some research and you will see how devastating they can be.

Everything is NOT a conspiracy. Yes I do believe there are conspiracies, but some of you will believe that if McDonalds only gives you 4 packets of ketchup instead of 5 it must be a conspiracy.

I know I will get destroyed for this post, but whatever.

Or maybe this post is just an attempt at disinformation. Maybe it is a conspiracy.

You can check in any time you like
But you can never leave

-Eagles

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

A accident I would believe, but it would have been very hard to get the debris out w/o anyone in the area noticing but that being said, on social media immedialty after the explosion there were some reports like this..and the entire subdivision was immediately evacuated to a near by school, perhaps so OGA could remove debris?

I live here on southside indy

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by diesel_actual

A accident I would believe, but it would have been very hard to get the debris out w/o anyone in the area noticing but that being said, on social media immedialty after the explosion there were some reports like this..and the entire subdivision was immediately evacuated to a near by school, perhaps so OGA could remove debris?

I live here on southside indy

Agreed. Within the first 2 hours they had school busses evacuate almost the entire neighborhood. Wrabbit presented a link where you could listen to the whole thing via radio. Evacuate so they can have time to clean up their mess maybe? Who knows.. It's possible!
Since you live in Indy do you have or know anyone who lives close or has friends in the effected area??

link   
reply to post by Studiosamurai

Also smells like sulfur, NATURAL GAS!

The two people killed was a young couple, both school teachers.

link   
So , since we`ve got drones , bombs , and natural gas on the table , lets knock it up a notch - type "kinetic bombardment" into google and have a little look. I`m no expert , so i dont know what kind of destruction these things would cause (obviously depending on size) yet i`m sure one was used on fukishima since old footage shows a black stick zoom into the plant at a silly speed. Then again , if they can turn a nuclear power plant into rubble i suppose the neighbours wouldnt be watching the news right now.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Husband wasnt a school teacher , where`d you get that information from ? any sources ??

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ToadInAHole

Husband wasnt a school teacher , where`d you get that information from ? any sources ??

His LinkedIn was definitely a little more complicated than school teacher. He was a very intelligent man apparently..his whole résumé was over my head.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
News just came on,

Citizens Energy probe of the area for gas leaks came up negative.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Just putting it out there.

All of the early stuff had UFO crash written all over it. Just another possibility

P

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Sorry my bad, the wife was a teacher...Husband was an audio engineer for Indy Audio Labs

edit on 11-11-2012 by diesel_actual because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
The first on spot interview they just showed on local news here in indy, man says "it was like an airplane hit the house"

The feeling in my gut as soon as I heard the blast, then saw it on news was that it was something from the sky.
edit on 11-11-2012 by diesel_actual because: added line

link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
Just putting it out there.

All of the early stuff had UFO crash written all over it. Just another possibility

P

That would be cool...

But I think they would have locked the area down a bit more.

link   
1508 cubic feet of natural gas, so we have 1591024225.75 joules(1591.024[rounded] MegJoules)

In comparison,

4.184 MJ/kg for TNT

So, 1591.024/4.184 = 380.26kg(rounded) 838.33 pounds

If this was a natural gas explosion, and it was left unchecked until it reached the necessary ration for combustion the house has the energy equivalence to 838 pounds of dynamite. Does the damage here sound feasible when you take into account the amount of energy that could have been produced?

Again, I worked this out for the entire house's volume, reaching the minimum requirements for combustion. If it reached the specific requirements for "Detonation" The yield would be incredibly larger, how ever in this case the house likely didn't reach detonation.

Does it still sound unlikely a gas explosion could produce this much damage? To me personally, the house could have done far more.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Hellfire missiles? That would make it a fairly urgent need to attack by a government or by a group as equally well equipped as the military.

Let's say it was intentional. Following your logic (?) - (but I am not saying you are completely off track either BTW) - if it is government or military linked then why then not do it quietly, and make it seem more like an accident? A car accident for example?

Could be that it is some kind of weapon test or a show of strength. Maybe from afar. Maybe a target was randomly chosen... hence the weirdness of a giant explosion in a quiet suburban neighborhood.

A show of strength by who we don't know, and neither do we know to who such a show of strength was intended for, because clearly they are not saying.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Whatever, it remains a tragic event for those close to the couple, and for those who lived in the area of course.

edit on 11-11-2012 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by diesel_actual

Wonder if they knew something they should not have known.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
By what evidence is there any kind of 'info blockade', or reports that witnesses are forbidden from talking about this?
If there isn't any evidence for this, please don't claim there is.

When people are talking about natural gas, do they mean commercially supplied gas, or natural, wild, raw, uncontrolled gas residing under the ground? If it's commercially supplied, are they in tanks by the side of the house or in pipes under the ground? I'm not familiar with 'natural gas' so much over here, it may be more common in America.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ToadInAHole

Nothing struck this area with force moving downward into the area, or there would be a crater. Physics, will not allow it. The ground is not immune to the forces involved.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by diesel_actual

Don't be sorry!
it's all good!
Multiple locals have been stating that's how it felt and many similar things, I'm glad you caught it too!!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I live close the area, and just drove by a few hours ago, I heard the blast and it's about 5 miles for where i was...

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join