It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant sonic boom felt and heard in Indianapolis Indiana(meteor? mass devastation Info blocade

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
reply to post by Hijinx

So, 5% +/- of the home's volume, filled with natural gas, could be responsible for the size and power seen in this thread's tragedy? That seems like a very tiny amount of gas to create such a devistating explosion.

If that is accurate, then it could very easily have been an ignition of a natural gas leak...I wonder why there aren't reports of explosions like this more often? Maybe there just aren't that many gas-line explosions in America?

It seems like most accidental explosions would have at least 5% of the home's volume occupied by the leaked gas.... then again, I have no training or understanding when residential homes and natural gas accidents are being investigated....

Maybe we can write in to MythBusters and ask them to blow a house up for us... I do know a tank of propane can be very destructive, but on a smaller scale... when a propane tank is placed in a vehicle's trunk and explodes, it leaves the car mostly unrecognizable. That is gas under pressure too, so maybe a propane tank has much more volume at ground-level atmospheric pressures....

we had 2 propane explosions here in CT recently, both houses were blown to tiny bits, but it was just the one house each time. I bet it was natural gas. I remember reading about a case where an underground storage cave leaked, and they discovered the gas had travelled miles away underground before it ignited

this was probably a leaky main or a cave leak

sad

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ikonoklast

Yeah, it is just hard to believe that natural gas, present at ground-level atmospheric pressures, could be responsible for such a gigantic event! Maybe if it were under some sort of sealed pressure... I am sure the math will reveal what is possible, but I imagine that a home filled with 100% natural gas couldn't produce an explosion felt 30miles away - it could probably destroy the house and all the surrounding homes, like we see in the photos...

I wish I was smarter!

link   

I think it was a Meth explosion. Meteors would not have done that. There would have been more houses affected.

Meteor would have left a crater, I see no craters. Possibility, Propane tanks? I wonder how they ruled out Meth lab?

link   
Im going with Meteor.

November 10, 11, 12, 2012, late night until dawn North Taurids This shower is long-lasting (October 12 – December 2) but modest, and the peak number is forecast at about 7 meteors per hour. Typically, you see the maximum numbers at around midnight to 1 a.m., when Taurus the Bull moves nearly overhead. This year, the thin waning crescent moon won’t rise until close to dawn, leaving a long dark night for these rather slow-moving but sometimes bright North Taurid meteors. you might even see some Taurid fireballs. The greatest numbers of North Taurid meteors can be expected just after midnight on the morning of November 12. But the days before and after that should produce some meteors as well..

earthsky.org...

link   
reply to post by Tecumte

sadly ..yes....

www.fox59.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I think I'm gonna close my account on this site. I originally came here to check out info on ufo sightings and such. But some of you are absolutely off your rocker.

So there is an explosion and it takes out 2 houses and fires spreads to others. That means it must be....A missile strike, a Jumbo jet crash, mortar strike, dirty bomb, micro nuke, drone strike, God himself. I mean come on. Its a freakin gas explosion. Do some research and you will see how devastating they can be.

Everything is NOT a conspiracy. Yes I do believe there are conspiracies, but some of you will believe that if McDonalds only gives you 4 packets of ketchup instead of 5 it must be a conspiracy.

I know I will get destroyed for this post, but whatever.

Or maybe this post is just an attempt at disinformation. Maybe it is a conspiracy.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Could have been panic attacks.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Hi guys , long time lurker here dropping in to give my input.

The destruction looks crazy to me since i dont build wooden houses so at first i was startled , then i remembered "America - wood
". But anyway , can we get an address for the homes directly effected - name of occupier(s) and proffession , my spidey sense is tingling , probably wrong but still tingling.

Also , is there any evidence of natural gasses in the area at all ? i very much doubt that this was a gas explosion but any and all facts help i suppose.

A gas explosion that large would have turned those matchstick houses into a raging inferno , but there`s still paint on the neighbouring houses.

Peace

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by pjv31

Boohoo, please don't go. We really need people like you here!
/sarcasm

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

A home filled with 100% natural gas would not explode. If the mixture is too rich it won't even ignite.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
I don't know anything about burn patters etc....this just an observation looking at the pics compared to the UK explosion.

They don't look alike.

Indiana explosion has that black path going thru the center if where the houses were, left to right.

Ya like a meteor went thru it.
Maybe the meteor had flam out by the time it hit that why nobody saw it.
Notice how most of the unburn debri is on both side of the hole on other damage house .

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by pjv31

There would be no speculation like this if it wasn't officialy declared it was not a gas explosion. Go figure, people will try to explore all possible options before concluding for themselves what actually happened. Very kook-ish, indeed.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ToadInAHole
Hi guys , long time lurker here dropping in to give my input.

The destruction looks crazy to me since i dont build wooden houses so at first i was startled , then i remembered "America - wood
". But anyway , can we get an address for the homes directly effected - name of occupier(s) and proffession , my spidey sense is tingling , probably wrong but still tingling.

Also , is there any evidence of natural gasses in the area at all ? i very much doubt that this was a gas explosion but any and all facts help i suppose.

A gas explosion that large would have turned those matchstick houses into a raging inferno , but there`s still paint on the neighbouring houses.

Peace

gas explosions can blow themselves out. I work for a propane company. there is usually nothing left to burn after a gas explosion unless there is a big line leaking, you'll get a 25 foot tall flame but not a raging inferno. it actually has all the typical gas explosion characteristics, and they do have natural gas in the neighborhood according to reports

I have no idea how far the sound would travel tho. 30 miles does seem too far. we had a massive natural gas explosion in CT about 3 years ago where I believe it was heard for 10 - 15 miles, but that was an industrial accident, not residential

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Something just snapped in my brain. Not too long ago Louisville KY news did a story on drones over Indiana. I have to find it. I know it was abc, nbc or fox local affiliate. It was about the military testing drones over southern Indiana.

You dont think....for a minute...this was done on purpose!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
reply to post by Tecumte

sadly ..yes....

www.fox59.com...

yes, condolences to those directly affected, I just found this too:

www.indystar.com... s

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Ok sorry if this is a little out there or goes over your heads but here goes :

www.linkedin.com...

Dion Longworth (husband)

Anyone else thinking what i`m thinking ?

EDIT : Are the reports true that " The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives was called in to help with the investigation " ???? rather odd .... no ?
edit on 11-11-2012 by ToadInAHole because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

So, 5% +/- of the home's volume, filled with natural gas, could be responsible for the size and power seen in this thread's tragedy? That seems like a very tiny amount of gas to create such a devistating explosion.[/ex

According to my HAZ MAT guide the explosive range for natural gas is from 4 to 17%

the gas detectors we carry will tell you not only what the concretration is in pert per million (PPM) , but
also will sound an alarm if the concretration in in the explosive range for that chemical

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Drone Conference Southern Indiana

Things that make you go hmmm... READ the article.
edit on 11-11-2012 by k21968 because: I pasted it in the wrong spot.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Wow craziness... I'd assume this a natural gas explosion, that neighbor hood is probably not going to have a meth lab, they are usually full of nosy neighbors. Why would there be a bomb? I feel sorry for those affected and wish the best.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoveisanArt
reply to post by Xterrain

well i can 100% say what this is NOT - Its not a meteor or any type of impact from a decending object (this includes drone missles and the like). As you can see in the picture there is ONLY an explosion aftermath from Left-to-Right .. This means something did NOT come downward and cause impact; the explosion result only blew left to right...

I'm not going to finish reading your post because you don't have a full grasp of how an asteroid impacts the Earth. VERY rarely do objects come straight down to impact at a 90 degree angle. If you read a book or two on the subject, you'll find this fact very quickly.

Please don't add to the confusion on ATS with uneducated posting. It's a waste of everyone's time.

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join