It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant sonic boom felt and heard in Indianapolis Indiana(meteor? mass devastation Info blocade

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

I appreciate what you're saying and applaud your efforts. What's odd is the home in the upper right of your picture. The siding is blown off yet the fence remains standing.

I'm thinking meteor with an airburst type explosion. Think Tunguska.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... Hmmmmm.... I was looking at articles last night where they were reporting "gas explosion rocks Indiana"

I will try to find them, but that's why I'm hung on it. It does look right, how ever if it's not the case my next guess would be Gasoline, in a garage. Perhaps a preppers stash, but I will look for my evidence and get back to you. Working on the 2700 square feet for the other poster too.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

Okay, how ever the tunguska event was a much larger body, and it exploded because energy of the air resistance was greater than it's mass. It's really complicated, to explain how those events occur, and a small meteor would simply slow down, or burn up not detonate.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
It was a gas explosion, nothing more despite your efforts to trick yourselfs into thinking your in a spy movie or something.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cynicaleye
It was a gas explosion, nothing more despite your efforts to trick yourselfs into thinking your in a spy movie or something.
I missed the announcement.

Do you have a link?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

So, 5% +/- of the home's volume, filled with natural gas, could be responsible for the size and power seen in this thread's tragedy? That seems like a very tiny amount of gas to create such a devistating explosion.

If that is accurate, then it could very easily have been an ignition of a natural gas leak...I wonder why there aren't reports of explosions like this more often? Maybe there just aren't that many gas-line explosions in America?

It seems like most accidental explosions would have at least 5% of the home's volume occupied by the leaked gas.... then again, I have no training or understanding when residential homes and natural gas accidents are being investigated....

Maybe we can write in to MythBusters and ask them to blow a house up for us... I do know a tank of propane can be very destructive, but on a smaller scale... when a propane tank is placed in a vehicle's trunk and explodes, it leaves the car mostly unrecognizable. That is gas under pressure too, so maybe a propane tank has much more volume at ground-level atmospheric pressures....

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

no, they do not have a link...

see my post above....

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynicaleye

How many times does it have to be stated by local officials that it was not caused by gas leaks?

www.wthr.com...

"Citizens Gas says it hasn't been able to find any leaks in the system, although a natural gas leak is suspected.

A company spokesman says any leaks here, or in your neighborhood, would be obvious.

"We put an odor in gas. Typically when there's a leak people smell the gas, because it's an unmistakable odor. Usually when there's a leak people will detect it," explained Dan Considine.

Citizens says its crews have checked all gas mains in the area of the Richmond Hill subdivision and found no leaks. The investigation will continue."

If there was a leak, they sure can't seem to find it.

Personally, my mind flashed to the end of Syriana but I know that's extremely unlikely.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I hear that butcher... I have not seen the reports confirming any cause. In fact, I would be suprised is a cause was determined in such a short time after the explosion... I imagined the officials would take their time with proper investigation methods and laboratory confirmations, where applicable, before making any sort of confirmation.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I found this funny.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

or...perhaps it's just a test to try out the new predator drone force on U.S. soil, in case the chief exec. has to use those recently enacted powers of assassination with no trial. just sayin
, the last I read about an hour ago the case is still on going and I don't think a gas eplosion was as yet determined to be a cause.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
according to reports, its an area with natural gas supply, but since this explosion was massive, if it was gas, it may never be proven

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Wow, this thread just keeps going in circles. I spoke with my niece, which lives north of Indy, She said a lot of people were saying an earthquake caused the explosion. I looked at RSOE when I was talking to her, and the only earthquake close to there was one in Kentucky, a 2.3 I believe.
I don't know about any of you, but, I don't think that is the cause. I guess we will have to wait to see what the officals say. I also read the Hellfire missle thing. Could it be a possibility? Anything is possible. The US government would never fire on their own people.......note that what was said was extreme scarcasim

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever
reply to post by Hijinx

I appreciate what you're saying and applaud your efforts. What's odd is the home in the upper right of your picture. The siding is blown off yet the fence remains standing.

I'm thinking meteor with an airburst type explosion. Think Tunguska.

tunguska had eye witnesses for miles and miles that saw the incoming object

any reports like that here ? and we have all of that fancy radar and stuff now

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Have the 911 calls for heart and breathing issues north of the blast zone been verified and, if so, what was it?

It seems to me if it was just shock, etc, they would be evenly dispersed around the area.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
This report says two homes destroyed side by side, and damaged others. It says bombs and meth lab have been ruled out.

www.cbsnews.com...

I don't see anything suggesting natural gas being ruled out, how ever I have not found anything insinuating it either. I still believe this is the likely cause, how ever it may not be the case.

Okay seriously, my brain doesn't want to function.

I got this far. 17.2kg of air(ambient) to 1kg of Natural gas(10-15%) oxygen. We are going to go this route, because it's the real situation, This needs to be converted to volume. Serious takers on the math, go look up stoichiometric conversions and we can work it out. I am over tired, so it's all turning up chinese and this is relatively easy stuff.

CH4 + 2(O2 + 3.76N2) -> CO2 + 2H2O + 7.52N2

That's the reaction for a single unit of Natural gas.

link   

Originally posted by esteay812
reply to post by Hijinx

So, 5% +/- of the home's volume, filled with natural gas, could be responsible for the size and power seen in this thread's tragedy? That seems like a very tiny amount of gas to create such a devistating explosion.

I think 5% was what Hijinx said would have produced the largest explosion. Hijinx is calculating what the power would be for a 2700 square foot house completely filled with a 5% mix like that now. I'm curious also, as that was obviously a very powerful explosion. It will be interesting to hear whether the calculation shows that it could have been from that.

link   
reply to post by LotusUprising

I am leaning toward something other than a gas leak as the driving factor. I am starting to believe that a natural gas explosion was involved, not as the primary source of the explosion, but as a result from what impacted the homes there...

Hopefully there will soon be a clearer picture of what's going on there. Maybe some of the local residents who witnessed the event or immediate aftermath can confirm any speculation or hunches floating around now.

I am betting on a coverup, if we don't hear from any of those residents for a while... after-all it is a conspiracy site!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Were the names of the two victims released by the press?

I assume one of the damaged homes must have been thiers?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Cmon guys, its obvious, it was an airplane, of the same type that hit the Pentagon. Hence no debris. A large paper airplane.

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join