It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant sonic boom felt and heard in Indianapolis Indiana(meteor? mass devastation Info blocade

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
31 houses with that much damage. Wow, that was one hell of a blast. I knew that already, but the shockwave seems to have been even stronger than I thought.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
A meteor makes the most sense to me, a few seconds of the meteor screaming in breaking the sound barrier would cause a huge rumble and shockwave mimicking an earthquake which many people 15 miles away felt. I am not an expert in explosions or munitions, but I'm very intuitive and logical, and i don't think the biggest gas explosion would cause windows to be knocked out 15 miles away, and give people the impression an earthquake rumbled for 3 to 5 seconds, JMHO

Same thing happened here in Louisiana a month or so ago, but they blamed it on an underground ammo depot that exploded in Minden, LA, I live in shreveport about 30 miles away. Hundreds of people saw a bright light moving across the sky from East Texas toward Minden. Like a bright slow moving shooting star. None of what transpired afterward made sense. The military blocked off Interstate 20 and they evacuated schools and local jails. Press conference scheduled for next morning was rescheduled and then cancelled. There were Homeland security people out there in white chemical suits for days. Here is the link.......

www.ksla.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
reply to post by HIWATT

Yep, 31 they say on that one website. 31 homes where people will most likely have to bulldoze the remains, rather than just patch stuff.

Well that is total bullocks. Any sane person looking at the pictures on that STREET (never mind the surrounding area) will tell you that only 2 homes were completed destroyed, with the immediately adjacent ones suffering severe damage.

Beyond that, broken windows, blown off siding, and unhinged garage doors do not = homes ready for demolition LOL

edit on 11-11-2012 by HIWATT because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-11-2012 by HIWATT because: spellin'!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I know that it's not a high profile area- I used to live in Greenwood, I grew up there
I was just about 2 miles from this location last week.

But, anything's possible.. and that's what we are exploring here, right? I mean, stranger things than car bombs in the US have happened...

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LouisianaMan
A meteor makes the most sense to me, a few seconds of the meteor screaming in breaking the sound barrier would cause a huge rumble and shockwave mimicking an earthquake which many people 15 miles away felt. I am not an expert in explosions or munitions, but I'm very intuitive and logical, and i don't think the biggest gas explosion would cause windows to be knocked out 15 miles away, and give people the impression an earthquake rumbled for 3 to 5 seconds, JMHO

Same thing happened here in Louisiana a month or so ago, but they blamed it on an underground ammo depot that exploded in Minden, LA, I live in shreveport about 30 miles away. Hundreds of people saw a bright light moving across the sky from East Texas toward Minden. Like a bright slow moving shooting star. None of what transpired afterward made sense. The military blocked off Interstate 20 and they evacuated schools and local jails. Press conference scheduled for next morning was rescheduled and then cancelled. There were Homeland security people out there in white chemical suits for days. Here is the link.......

www.ksla.com...

Which slow moving may indicate a falling bird (of prey). God and only a few men would know the truth.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xterrain
*Opens mind*

I'm seeing an obvious approach path of an object impact:

Approaching from left, traveling to the right at an angle of about 190 - 210 degrees. You can see the home that was first hit by either the object or the objects pressure wave has major (but minimal) damage [in comparison]. It's upper floor was damaged at an angle that closely matches the angle at which the 2nd home's lower floor walls are still standing to the left and settling lower as you move left to right. The 3rd home has been completely destroyed, but the angle is deeper towards the right. The 4th home has a slight impact crater close to the 5th home. Again the 4th home's foundation appears to have been dug down by the objects impact force at a degree again matching the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd home's. The 5th home has minor damage to the shingling and has been pulled off of it's foundation by the ensuing pressure wave after the object made impact in/near the 3rd home.

Again, this photo shows damage and from this angle you can better see the damage to the 5th home.

This was NOT:

Gas Main - Rare in single home occurrences, extremely rare in two homes at once.

Car Bomb - No damage or visible burn marks to street or driveway. Also, surrounding trees are undamaged, as they would have been burnt if it were a car bomb. Car bomb's are typically incendiary in purpose to cause as much damage as possible [this resembles much more percussion than incendiary.]

House Fire - Debris has been blown out BEFORE the fire (pressure wave) as it's not burnt, but the foundations are burn. This is probably due to the extremely high heat of entry.

Meth Lab? The uniformity between the homes and the lack of damage between them in the grass leads me to not believe this to be the case. Meth lab explosions are typically EXTREMELY caustic and incendiary by proxy.
edit on 11-11-2012 by Xterrain because: add meth lab after thought

Bomb and Meth Lab have been officially ruled out...
www.chicagotribune.com...

This was also not a plane crash as there is NO debris from a plane, large nor small.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidmann

Originally posted by LouisianaMan

www.ksla.com...

Which slow moving may indicate a falling bird (of prey). God and only a few men would know the truth.

God, a few men, ... and any eye witnesses to something falling out of the sky at 11pm last night.

Being pitch dark out, SOMEONE must have seen a flaming meteor or the tail of a drone missile or ??? if that were the case.

Anyone??

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

You have to account for severe structural and foundational damage.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

Well that is total bullocks. Any sane person looking at the pictures on that STREET (never mind the surrounding area) will tell you that only 2 homes were completed destroyed, with the immediately adjacent ones suffering severe damage.

There's no telling what the insides of those standing homes look like. Could be buckled drywall and shifted roof trusses, if we had interior photos. It is even possible that walls may have shifted off the foundations.

Not saying they are, but that it is a possibility.

ETA: I see kosmicjack beat me to it.

edit on 11-11-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
another poster brought this up....looking at the pics....the news is saying 31 homes have been damaged and may need to be demolished?!?!?!? ...i guess the picture just doesnt do the situation justice..........

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Xterrain

This was also not a plane crash as there is NO debris from a plane, large nor small.

The only reason I suggested the plane idea is that is what locals were told by officers even prior to the gas idea. It is true I don't see any debris from one, but then again all of the debris is so obliterated its hard to see what anything is. It was just a theory!! I wish I knew what really caused all of this!
edit on 11-11-2012 by Katharos62191 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
This doesn't look like a natural gas explosion. The utility company said there's no leak, and on one smelled any gas. Normally in a residential neighborhood the first thing they would suspect is a natural gas explosion. The only way I could believe this kind of distruction might be if the house uses LP gas, and has a basement. LP is heavier then air. If the whole basement filled up with enough gas it might blow the house to the moon. Have any houses been reported on the moon lately?

Nowadays the next thing would probably be something like a meth lab. They should be able to get a clue about that by looking at who lives there.

After that who owns the house, and what's the marital status? What's the financial status? Is the house in foreclosure?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
HOLD THE FRONT DOOR, WHAT IS THIS REPORT? IS THIS LEGITIMATE????

Who's in Indiana on these boards who confirm this 'situation' in Indiana/Michigan?

naturalsociety.com...

[I'm not trying to derail the thread, as I doubt this is related, but someone might have the time to repost this link in it's own thread if need be...]
edit on 11-11-2012 by Xterrain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT
You are right in that natural gas has no native smell. The reason why I kept posting my link was to alert people to the fact that whatever CEG puts in their natural gas makes it smell like rotten eggs.

Not rotten cabbage (does that smell the same as rotten eggs???), not rotten deer meat, not burnt toast, not a post burrito binge fart. *rotten eggs

So people can stop speculating about this smell or that smell. It's right there on their website.

With regards to craters, I agree. I don't see any evidence of that at all... I think the houses that blew apart piled up on either side of the houses adjacent to them causing the scene to appear to have a "dent in the middle"
edit on 11-11-2012 by HIWATT because: spellin'

Oh hey not disputing that at all and I might have gone off a little cranky thanks to all the crayzie in this thread (especially since people died in this event)

I was simply stating that the primary chemical that makes the smell is present in both and as such rotten eggs tend to smell the same as rotten cabbages and vice versa (and ive smelled both and they are very similar
). People tend to associate that odor with the 'Eggs' description in general but if youve never smelled a rotten egg but have smelled a rotten cabbage you'd probably describe it as that. So arguing over how the smell is refereed to by people is a little odd to me

Odd thing for me is... when ever I describe that particular smell i simply say Sulfur smell (grandparents used to live in a city that was very geothermal here in NZ (Rotarua) so the smell (along with the substance itself) of things like that is very much imprinted in my head).

And agreed no point in speculating about the smell at all. To me it looks very much like the house blew up from within.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Bingo........ wow, I was just looking at the pic and thinking the exact same thing. Impact angling down and from the left, which also show why the debris kicked out over the street up and away from the impact. Notice the street to the left, there is no debris. The impact came from left to right........... I think you are spot on....... makes all the sense to me. Nice job...........

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

.up and out, that is why we are seeing the 2 houses destroyed..

and real damage done to the 2 closest on either side..

most of the blast went straight up and slightly out

which is consistanr with a natural gas explosion which tend to go upwards, because natural gas is lighter
than air and collects in higher points

Had a whole course on this given by gas company for our Fire department........

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

Another one quote for the other source I linked - saying the same 31 differently that my earlier link and quote www.abovetopsecret.com... Both links there mentioned the 31 as well as the bomb and meth lab rule outs:

www.chicagotribune.com...

City officials inspected more than 120 homes, with 80 of them affected to one degree or another, and 31 of those with major damage, said Collins, the code enforcement official. Of those, five will have to be demolished and 26 cannot be lived in for an indefinite period, Collins said.

The original one I posted that got you upset. Guess you didn't click and read it. Not MY figures - it's THEIR figures:

news.msn.com...

Officials say as many as 31 homes were damaged so badly in a blast that killed two people in Indianapolis that they may have to be demolished.

Deputy Code Enforcement Director Adam Collins estimated the damage at $3.6 million.

Take the numbers up with them, not me.

edit on 11/11/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
my money says satellite. would explain the hush hush,sulfur smell could be zinc/sulfur solid fuel,and would explain the look of a impact site.would also explain the upper mucky mucks involved and the evacuations.on a side note a meteor watch site i look at alot was awfully busy last night about the same time as all this, but i need to check with them on how big of a field they monitor.the other thing is remember whoever owns the satellite is responsible for damages good reason for a cover-up

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

well i can 100% say what this is NOT - Its not a meteor or any type of impact from a decending object (this includes drone missles and the like). As you can see in the picture there is ONLY an explosion aftermath from Left-to-Right .. This means something did NOT come downward and cause impact; the explosion result only blew left to right; it did NOT affect the ashfalt of the road, the trees by the road, or the fences in the backyard.

The only remaining conclusion based on the aftermath of this explosion is; something blew facing the right, destroying two and a half homes in its way; the back-blast of the explosion dealt damage in the opposite (rear) direction and took out one and a half homes..

This is an obvious explosion in the basment of the middle home; the explosion's direction was that to the right when Im looking at the first picture in your post Xterrain. This is where most damage was dealt; the left (rear) was the back-blast..

It would seem that; if there were vehicles in the homes to the left (I hope nobody was home
) .. this would of caused a chain reaction and added more bang to the explode going to the right (direction of explosion from basment)..

I hope a true official statement comes out soon, unless I missed it.. Love and peace to those affected..

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Okay, guys I have put together something with paint. I have outlined a few things.

First, the original structures are outlined in yellow. The house at the top of this picture has the most damage, the house to the bottom has the second highest damage, but when looked at from another angle, isn't so bad as the first. It's garage is still intact and it's sheered off on an angle. Possible a good portion of this is from fire damage.

The drive ways are outlined in gray. Blue represents the path of least resistance, orange represents direction of blast. The red dot indicates home of blast, the red circle is the blast pattern.

Explosions follow the path of least resistance, if the object doesn't offer enough resistance it's damaged. I used a long blue line to indicate the space between the homes.

As we see, the debris is scattered mainly with in the red circle, it is funneled between the homes where the most debris is present.

From what I see this was an explosion.... It appears to have originated in the garage of the source house marked with a red blob.

I DO NOT see any wreckage to suggest an aircraft. At all.. There is no impact mark, and it would be OBVIOUS!!!

For those saying metero this crater is 43 feet wide and 46 feet deep, the meteor was about the size of ohhhhhhhh a Basketball.. (rounded up both these figures)

Meteor, absolutely not...

Flight 93... I don't know how credible I say comparing this is, as many of us here on ATS debate this ferociously but here's "Flight 93's" crater.

A little small, for a 222,000-255,000 pound 757 but let's not get into that now.

The given explanation for that is the ground it hit was soft and wet...

This residential area would be Compacted dry ground, to support the homes above it.

There is no crater. No meteor would leave no crater, it's impossible all of it's destructive energy is from the impact, and it would create a big crater. See the above 45 foot deep hole from a basketball size chunk of space rock.

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join