It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant sonic boom felt and heard in Indianapolis Indiana(meteor? mass devastation Info blocade

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JrDavis
reply to post by HIWATT

I've watch some videos and there were helicopters and such at the scene.

I can't find the original video of the picture we are saying shows the crater site. But if you look at the picture it's pretty clear that there is a hole/crater there. You can also see light coming out of the hole. It's not from a distance or in the air since there are no reflections.

I mean the light is beaming out it's not a spotlight. Even some of the rocks around where the outline crater site is shows some depression. The rocks are kinda sinking in towards the light. If light were shinning towards that hole then the rocks would show some reflection of the light too. The backside of the rocks are dark. And you can see light reflecting off of the other sides.

I personally think it's incomplete combustion. Nothing really would shine that bright from a house fire. Unless someone else thinks so lol.

I totally understand what you're saying. Just for some reason, you think I don't

If I were standing in the middle of that smoke cloud shining a very bright light out from inside of it, you could get what you see there.

That image looks like it was taken quite a while after most of the fire was extinguished so the white smoke could be mostly steam from evaporation of any water still there. Bright light coming from fireman possibly inside that smoke cloud poking around = what you see.

I still haven't seen any image(s) which show a crater though. If you have one that clearly shows this, please post it.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maskander

Originally posted by HIWATT

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
I dont see an impact crater.....am i blind or what?

I have near perfect vision and I don't see one either.

I think you're ok

Here's is the outline of the impact crater I'm seeing, which they had the cover of the night to clear up as they sent all responders out very early.

edit on 11-11-2012 by Maskander because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Identifying plane parts is noramalIy what we expect in a crash scen, I agree, but it is not the rule.

It is possible there is an impact crater, but it is obscured by the debris of the plane and homes. Also, we have a limited amount of photographs, so we haven't seen it from every angle... new images could be much more revealing.

Jet fuel exploding with natural gas could create a massive event. 9/11 proved that airliners can impact and produce almost no debris that identifies the plane. There may be identifiable debris in the wreckage, but can only be identified at much closer range.

I am not sold that it is any one thing, just speculating how a plane crash could result in the aftermath seen in the photos and descriptions relative to this tragedy.

link   
reply to post by spacemanjupiter

So wouldn't this be a seismic thing? I mean a house explosion that didn't really have that much radius damage but shook the ground for miles?

With all respect to those that were affected. But I don't think it would shake the ground for miles like that.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Here's an apartment gas explosion.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

edit on 11-11-2012 by wirefly because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Alright, you know what guys screw it. Can someone get me the average square footage of one of these homes?

The home only needs, about 5% natural gas to Air for detonation to occur. I posted comparison earlier, of what a liter of petrol mixed with air will do when "Detonated."

A detonation produces a shock wave equal to 20x atmospheric pressure, creating an Enormously devastating shock wave, and yes it would be heard for miles. If the conditions are just right, and a source of ignition is introduced the house is one big bomb, with it's entire inner volume being the fuel.

Air fuel blasts can be stronger than ANY conventional explosive, in fact your countries largest ever conventional bomb is built off these very principles.

This bomb, uses a different fuel which creates a shock wave capable of leveling an area of 6 football fields.

Now, with natural gas we can get the same effect, all it takes is a ratio of 5%(roughly, Natural gas has oxygen in it, and I'm not posting the exact number online) to 95% air.

When the gas "Detonates" It burns so rapidly, it creates an extremely fast, high pressure blast wave. Material would be blown away, along with air in the initial blast. Fires would later start due to electrical shorts, as well as gas that is continuing to leak.

This type of explosion would not be likely to leave a crater, as the house is sitting on ground level. When we blow up fire crackers laying on the ground, the blast goes up and out, leaving a char mark but no crater.

If a plane were to crash in the area we would expect to see an impact scar, as well depending on the angle it came in, and what part of the plane hit first we would expect to see a slide as well.

Now, I can't say where the explosion originated, I'm going to look at the photos now. How ever I can say, I don't think anything sensational is being hidden from us. Time will tell, there are key pieces of evidence to look for that will explain what happened here.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

So if you look at the group of firefighters they are just standing there together while someone is down in this hole? They look like they just got there and are like "WTF IS THIS?"

So do you disagree there is a hole there?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
I dont see an impact crater.....am i blind or what?

I have near perfect vision and I don't see one either.

I think you're ok

Here's is the outline of the impact crater I'm seeing, which they had the cover of the night to clear up as they sent all responders out very early.

I'm sorry but that is really weak. You guys are seeing what you want to see there.

When the smoke clears (so to speak) and we have more pictures taken by people poking around there, we'll get a clearer view of things.... to say those pictures evidence a crater though? sorry. no.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
For those that still have issues with the smell of natural gas leaks, I am posting a link to the Wikipedia page for
METHYL MERCAPTAN

The smell is like rotten cabbage.

Regarding earlier questions about copper pipe being used for natural gas, it is not typically used for natural gas.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The oddest thing is this is barely being mentioned by main stream media. If it were just a gas explosion wouldnt they be on the scene covering it? Wouldnt there be whole segments dedicated to it vs a blurb and on to the weather?

call me paranoid, (I am on ATS :lol
but I smell a coverup

I have read all 29 pages...and here is what I agree with and what I dont

gas explosion- no.. why? I just dont buy it
airline crash- not on accident anyway...it would be on the news...if it was terrorists...now there is a possibility and the gooberment (govt) wouldnt want to broadcast it because it would make our country look weak
meteor- likely. and again our gooberment wouldnt tell us
meth lab- doubtful why? it again would be top news

basically my theory is anything natural or normal can be ruled out due to the lack of media attention

i suspect we may never know the truth

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I'm posting from my phone at work so I'm unable to upload the pics of the blast scene. Here's what I find odd. If the explosion was from inside a home so to speak, then wouldn't the debris pattern be spread out somewhat evenly from the center?

It looks to me like something struck the back of the house and scattered a concentrated debris field across the street.

Mind you I'm no expert on blast patterns.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JrDavis
reply to post by HIWATT

So if you look at the group of firefighters they are just standing there together while someone is down in this hole? They look like they just got there and are like "WTF IS THIS?"

So do you disagree there is a hole there?

I would agree with a hole being there, if these homes had basements.

Here is the high-res image clearly showing neither of those homes had basements. I see nothing resembling an impact crater, either. Do you?

edit on 11-11-2012 by HIWATT because: fixed image link

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I agree, I am sure they would have identified and acknowledged that... but what if it was not a commercial airliner? What if it was a flight that needs to remain secret, for whatever reasons? I am sure the government would have no problem in controlling what the FAA acknowledges and what is reported in the official story.

Like I said earlier, I am not sold on what it is, but I am also not sold on what it isn't.

Just going off some of the things mentioned about this event, I could see where an airplane crash is still a possibility, as much as any other plausible explanation at this point.

Early reports of a plane crash from responding officials (the police) and local residents, the impact appearance, the effects felt miles away, and reports of feeling something before the giant explosion... these points are what makes me think an airplane crash is still very much possible - even though it could be a number of things at this point.
edit on 11-11-2012 by esteay812 because: tyops

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
For those that still have issues with the smell of natural gas leaks, I am posting a link to the Wikipedia page for
METHYL MERCAPTAN

The smell is like rotten cabbage.

Regarding earlier questions about copper pipe being used for natural gas, it is not typically used for natural gas.

I've posted this link probably 5 times now but this keeps coming up.

CEG is the company that provides the gas to that area and they tell you flat out, if you're getting natural gas from them and have a leak, it will smell like ROTTEN EGGS

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

I'll agree to disagree.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

I totally agree with you. And the conspiracy will go on until someone higher up says "Indiana was hit by a meteor"

Check this out.

Really weird, If it were an explosion it wouldn't be heart shaped like this. The explosion would be in every direction.

If in fact something hit (Doesn't really look like it traveled much) it makes a lot of sense as to why it's symmetrical and why the debris and houses in BACK of these houses have the siding coming off.

The houses in front of these houses are really not affected and just have some debris on the roof. I mean you can even see vehicles out front across the street.

If a meteor did go down, I would say that with the pictures and such it would make sense. The charred ground would pretty much look the same.

Explosion would have a larger radius and not be heart shaped..

15 mile sonic boom, Shaking houses, sulfur smell.

If they haven't admitted to a gas leak yet, Then it's safe to say if it comes up then it's a cover up. They would of already admitted to a gas leak. And you wouldn't get a shake 15 miles away.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Well who would have thought that would happen on ATS an OVER EXAGGERATED thread title

Will see how OVER EXAGGERATED your thread title will be
When it happen in your back yard

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I'm surprised no one has done this so I will, I'm trying to find any and all pictures of the scene. Can someone give me one of what they suspect is the area before?

I will try to work out a source. Oh and to the other poster, the homes offer resistance to the blast, so the pattern isn't necessarily unusual. If it originated in a home, the homes closest would be damaged the most, like the one next door. I will give you my thoughts in a few.

As well, it doesn't get a ton of media coverage because the "excitement" is over. Something blew up, until the source is identified you likely won't here much more, and natural gas explosions happen more often than you are obviously aware of. Most cases, it's left at just that.

I would expect when the experts have agreed on a source you may here it happened in home A and that's about it.

link   
reply to post by JrDavis

ok now that is interesting... could you post the original link of that image?

link   
Just to add some info, I live in Nashville work Midnight to 8. Around 3.10 am central time (give or take .30 minutes) I was listening to 96.3 radio when the emergency broadcast came on. Just the Toned intro, no info followed but what made it weird no disclaimer just another song. I believe it had the Government worried. And they went into cover up.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join