It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant sonic boom felt and heard in Indianapolis Indiana(meteor? mass devastation Info blocade

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by JrDavis
reply to post by HIWATT

Do you have one confirming there are leaks?

I mean if you don't then we can rule out gas leaks.

I'm looking for confirmation either way. So far I haven't seen any.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Who said it was a meth lab, I'm behind on info here.

Meth labs tend to explode because of mistakes made by in experienced criminals, or cutting corners using volatile chemicals. I've never seen one this big, but it's possible.

A Natural gas "Detonation" Looks like the most likely suspect.

However the blast pattern does look a little odd, it seems to originate between the two destroyed homes....

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

My post makes no sense?

All I said was that it's plausible for that white light you describe emanating from the smoke, to be someone with a super bright light shining through it...

What are you saying it is?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
If it were a plane crashing into the homes (as I described in my previous post), would a big-time impact from an airliner cause a shockwave felt many miles away? I guess it could most definitely be responsible for igniting severed gas lines.

Could it be responsible for the reports of feeling a shockwave before the explosion? I think it could, especially when considering the early reports of an airplane crash...
edit on 11-11-2012 by esteay812 because: grammer

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT

Originally posted by baddmove

Originally posted by captiva
reply to post by HIWATT

Yes that tree has burn damage...caused by the fire that actually took place in that photograph you published. There is no evidence that the fire in your pic was primary to a gas blast happening.. As a matter of fact the word "Gas" is absent from all reports and has been denied by the utility company....but...you still havnt addressed the pics I posted that show the trees undamaged while all else around them is in pieces....

1. I never said that the fire damage to the tree had anything to do with gas. Just fire.

2. I haven't seen any link/report where CEG has denied any leaks.

3. I did respond to the fact the trees were undamaged (possibly to another members post however):

It's pretty simple.

Wood used to make a house is dead, and dry.

Wood from a living tree is moist.

Trees also have roots.

Houses don't.

When a house EXPLODES, the DEAD DRY wood will CATCH FIRE

A tree, by contrast, which is still alive, is moist, and is rooted in the ground via a main trunk that is fairly flexible -- is much more immune to the same kind of damage.

here are 2 different angles..look at the trees...

edit on 11-11-2012 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

I see them. What point are you making?

I also see green grass beyond the immediate blast/burn zone.

That area is also littered with unburnt wood left over from the homes which blew out during the blast.

Not sure what is so hard to understand here. There was a blast, then a fire. 2 homes exploded. Some trees which were partially burnt survived.

??

so you don't think that the tree to the left and the 2 trees to the right would not have been completely destroyed?

look at the debris under them..

that's why i am leaning towards an upwards blast..like a car bomb..

why a car bomb? i just don't know...

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

Emergency services were on the scene, the spot light makes the most sense. I'm trying to get a look at all the new photos here. So far I agree with you, and have not seen anything to suggest it wasn't a Natural gas detonation at this time.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by captiva

Excellent observation. Especially when the leaves are already getting ready to fall off. Strange.

if you look at the pattern of trees, on the street, it seems that two trees have be obliterated...no evidence of stump whatsoever. that's strange is it was caused by air movement.(explosion)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

If it were a plane crash, I think the FAA would have figured that out by now no? Or at least I hope they would, huge explosion, and a plane disappeared from radar, wouldn't have to be sherlock holmes to figure that one out.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
reply to post by HIWATT

Yes that tree has burn damage...caused by the fire that actually took place in that photograph you published. There is no evidence that the fire in your pic was primary to a gas blast happening.. As a matter of fact the word "Gas" is absent from all reports and has been denied by the utility company....but...you still havnt addressed the pics I posted that show the trees undamaged while all else around them is in pieces....

1. I never said that the fire damage to the tree had anything to do with gas. Just fire.

2. I haven't seen any link/report where CEG has denied any leaks.

3. I did respond to the fact the trees were undamaged (possibly to another members post however):

It's pretty simple.

Wood used to make a house is dead, and dry.

Wood from a living tree is moist.

Trees also have roots.

Houses don't.

When a house EXPLODES, the DEAD DRY wood will CATCH FIRE

A tree, by contrast, which is still alive, is moist, and is rooted in the ground via a main trunk that is fairly flexible -- is much more immune to the same kind of damage.

here are 2 different angles..look at the trees...

edit on 11-11-2012 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

I see them. What point are you making?

I also see green grass beyond the immediate blast/burn zone.

That area is also littered with unburnt wood left over from the homes which blew out during the blast.

Not sure what is so hard to understand here. There was a blast, then a fire. 2 homes exploded. Some trees which were partially burnt survived.

??

so you don't think that the tree to the left and the 2 trees to the right would not have been completely destroyed?

look at the debris under them..

that's why i am leaning towards an upwards blast..like a car bomb..

why a car bomb? i just don't know...

Or a gas explosion.

Really is a pretty messy looking explosion. Those houses must be made of match sticks. Wouldn't take much to knock them houses down like that.

15 mile sonic boom really is not unrealistic, considering the damage in that there photo.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

If an airliner came down in the way you suggest, I would expect to see an impact crater, and there isn't a definitive crater. A typical Airliner weighing many tons coming down at anywhere from 400+miles an hour will create an impact crater, whether it explodes or not. As well, we would expect to see the heavier components of the aircraft remaining in the area. For instance, every airline crash but "flight 93" engines, or pieces of them have been recovered. As well, the engines create their own impact craters.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

I don't see why the trees necessarily have to be completely destroyed, regardless of what type or what caused the explosion.

As I said, it's not like they aren't alive, and flexible to some extent (both moisture and flexibility being key components to surviving any kind of blast)

Not sure why I'm being looked upon as some sort of kook for thinking that way when it makes perfect sense, especially by certain people here (not you) who are speculating on things that are far more outrageous.

For reference. See how trees react to an ATOMIC BOMB BLAST

edit on 11-11-2012 by HIWATT because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by DCPatriot

Yeah, if the pattern kept going, it seems at least one tree is totally missing, could be two.

link   
reply to post by HIWATT

I've watch some videos and there were helicopters and such at the scene.

I can't find the original video of the picture we are saying shows the crater site. But if you look at the picture it's pretty clear that there is a hole/crater there. You can also see light coming out of the hole. It's not from a distance or in the air since there are no reflections.

I mean the light is beaming out it's not a spotlight. Even some of the rocks around where the outline crater site is shows some depression. The rocks are kinda sinking in towards the light. If light were shinning towards that hole then the rocks would show some reflection of the light too. The backside of the rocks are dark. And you can see light reflecting off of the other sides.

I personally think it's incomplete combustion. Nothing really would shine that bright from a house fire. Unless someone else thinks so lol.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I am surprise as big as this explosion it did not register on the richter scale of some sort to be honest...

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Late Night Explosions (New Haven, IN) - November 11th, 2012
www.cbsnews.com...

Related?

3PM BOOM (New Haven, IN) - January 17th, 2012
www.youtube.com...

edit on 11-11-2012 by Xterrain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

I am no means any type of expert, but...

When we see homes destroyed by tornadoes and other massive destruction events, doesn't the debris field usually have more destroyed materials that appear brown, beige, and some white than what we see in these aftermath photos?

I guess I should check out some other exploded building sites, but there just seems to be a whole lot more pieces of white debris directly surrounding the origin of the blast. Is there inproportionately*?* more white debris, when related to the other type of debris that may be expected at the destruction's source
edit on 11-11-2012 by esteay812 because: grammer again

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Xterrain

3PM boom happened jan 17th
Oh nvm lol. I was thinking you thought it was from today
edit on Sun, 11 Nov 2012 18:12:45 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
nothing on the news about this up here in canada or google news?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
2 Houses completely gone and just a strip of where it exploded. Between those two houses almost symmetrically? Idk but I think if there were an explosion it would go off in every direction.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I live close to Post Road and Prospect Street on the east side of Indy. I thought this was an earthquake I felt. I was playing some games online, heard a long rumble, and my whole desk swayed back and forth several times while my hands were on the keyboard.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join