It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant sonic boom felt and heard in Indianapolis Indiana(meteor? mass devastation Info blocade

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticagnostic
The whole tread was hijacked awhile back.. nuclear explosions..

I couldn't find that one but I did see www.abovetopsecret.com... where the OP hijacked his own thread with

Liquid fluoride thorium reactor

Guess you didn't get a chuckle out of my flock of flying chickens dropping GMO egg bombs.

No radiation poisoning.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Wonder if anyone can shed more light on what this could be? Curious if there will be more or if its related to Sandy in any way?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I don't know anything about burn patters etc....this just an observation looking at the pics compared to the UK explosion.

They don't look alike.

Indiana explosion has that black path going thru the center if where the houses were, left to right.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Well they just dismissed IEMS.
Back hoe on stand by as it is not needed by the Arson unit at this time...

Still listening to the Live scanner there.....

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
It is indeed a sane reply but get off the paranoid attack band wagon. Regardless of how well developed Russia and China are in attack capabilities, they certainly could not breach the U.S. defense forces unless it was a home based attack and even if it were, why the hell would they attack a suburban neighborhood?

This is in all probability an accidental event and gas is still the most likely explanation.

So you believe that the USA is the only country in the world capable of flying a drone over another nation without being spotted? Seriously?

This is what I mean by the beliefs of Americans when it comes to military capability. I don't know whether it's down to extreme patriotism or self belief, or internal propaganda, or maybe it's simply a lack of awareness about the rest of the world? Either way, many Americans are far too cocky when it comes to them being a supposed almighty leader in the world. America hasn't led the world in many respects at all. Educational standards, living conditions, poverty, medical treatment, democratic process, finance... Americans seem to automatically assume that their nation is the leader in all of these areas, but the US is often beaten by ten other nations in every respect. The US hasn't led in anything positive as far as I am aware for more than 20 years.

This is not just conjecture, this is fact, based in data and science. Numerous countries beat the USA in various standards, and Americans just seem to pretend that this isn't the case. The cheer leading apparently drowns out reality.

Many Americans believe that no other nation is capable of anything. They are very wrong. China and Russia didn't simply stop developing technology in the 1990's. They have military programs just as the US does. The fact that spending is not open and stated on public record does not mean that either (more secretive) government isn't spending billions on these projects too.

There are spies in every nation, that never ended. There is a high probability Russia and China were well aware of drones being developed by the USA before the American public ever heard of them. They would have been developing the same, to be able to defend their own nations.

Having said all of that, I agree that the most plausible scenario on the face of it is a gas explosion. However much I might believe that it wasn't that, there are only so many explanations a person can propose, and when it comes to probability it is reasonable that this would be the explanation. But I still don't buy it. From my own experience and from the evidence and statements by witnesses it does not sound like a gas explosion.

That doesn't mean I think a foreign power did this, or that they used drones. I offer my posts in opposition to the idea that it's "impossible". It's not impossible at all, far from it.

Also... interesting spin on this... If no other nation in the world is capable of flying anything over the US without the US forces knowing about it, how do we explain away the thousands of reports of UFO's? Is the US military responsible for all of them? Are there really aliens flying those mysterious machines? Or is it more plausible that other nations have developed the same technology and is flying recon missions just as the US does over other nations?

I know what my money is on in the majority of those cases.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

yea, check this out..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The AP link throws up this quote:

"City and fire officials said Sunday afternoon that about two dozen homes were uninhabitable and would have to be torn down. Several more had severe damage but could be fixed."

Looking less and less like a gas explosion with that size of blast..

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

New here.. but that's not the house.

[img]http://cmsimg.indystar.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Site=BG&Date=20121110&Category=NEWS&ArtNo=1110004&Ref=PH&Item=25&Maxw=640&Maxh=410&q=60[ /img]

Count the driveways. Then compare to this:

www.spokeo.com...#

Oops can't post pic, just registered.

25th picture on slideshow at this link: www.indystar.com...

edit on 11-11-2012 by lilmehere because: cant post pic

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove

Originally posted by sprtpilot
Don't forget how directional the blast was too. Wouldn't a house full of gas detonate out in all directions roughly the same?

if you look at this photo..

It looks like something hit from right to left..

It does look like that, clearly much more debris to the back of the home, wonder if the street side was cleaned up before the pic, maybe to let EM euipment through.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
In addition to the info of the owner of the home (Alex Pflanzer) I posted on page 18 of this thread... and in keeping with the nature of this forum, I would like to introduce to you:

Mr. Alex Pflanzer, Director at C.A.I .... (yes I'm intentionally reaching and being ridiculous now)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Weird right.....

Wonder why that is...if it is indeed a gas explosion, could that be how the pipes run?

I wouldn't think they would run them under everyone's homes connecting together, don't they usually come from front or back yard in to house?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
It was 100%, without a doubt, a gas explosion. The house was for sale and was vacant. So the house sat there, airtight, filling up with natural gas for weeks possibly.

A house full of natural gas = big explosion

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by de Thor

Except houses aren't air tight. People would suffocate if it was.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

Wrong house. Wrong guy. Not far enough up the block. Count the driveways.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by de Thor

Except houses aren't air tight. People would suffocate if it was.

Let me rephrase then:

Because it was unoccupied, there was very little airflow throughout the house which allowed it to fill up with natural gas.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

Maybe, could have used a snow plow or something to push a path.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilmehere
reply to post by HIWATT

Wrong house. Wrong guy. Not far enough up the block. Count the driveways.

Right house.

Right guy.

His house was immediately adjacent to one of the completely destroyed ones as evidenced by his own testimony where he states him and his wife woke up after his windows blew out and his roof caved in
edit on 11-11-2012 by HIWATT because: format

edit: I'm getting conflicting results when actually googling that address (8413 FieldFare). The last site I checked did show it farther up the street but he and his wife are on record saying their windows blew out and roof collapsed (see link above)

If you look at the photos, the only roofs that have that kind of damage are those on either side of the blast area.... odd....
edit on 11-11-2012 by HIWATT because: add

link   
My bet is on arson.

Vacant house would have gas turned off, f they had any brains.

I call sabotage of gas lines with maybe an accelerant.

link   
Just another thought, could water from fire trucks aimed from the street explain all the debris behind the house and mosty all to that side?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seagle
It could be a large scale clandestine drug lab gone horribly wrong.

The chemicals used in the manufacture of amphetimines can explode in a big way. A couple of weeks ago in Australia a guy manufacturing a small quantity in his garage caused an explosion that completely leveled the garage and damaged surrounding property.

Very creative of you, but also a kind of silly idea, given the size of the blast, and a few other facts.

Were you thinking of maybe a medium-large sized lab in a house being tented for bugs?

It is true that small home-cook drug labs are quite dangerous and prone to explosion. On the other hand:

1- The kind of operation large enough to cause that sort of explosion will RARELY EVER to NEVER be found inside a residential home. They use businesses and remote locations for that. For a reason, namely

2- Large labs/producers generally know what they're doing and are far more safety-minded than your average "home cook." They vacuum / vent the dangerous fumes.This is generally why you never hear of MASSIVE lab explosions. Just bubba-joe doing a little kitchen chemistry in his trailer.....

/stereotype

I have to say I find the talk near the beginning about other devices, and the "blackout" on initially letting the residents speak is kind of suspect.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join