It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant sonic boom felt and heard in Indianapolis Indiana(meteor? mass devastation Info blocade

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Katharos62191
reply to post by randomname

You just gave me a crazy visual..
My wonderings were just if it is possible to feel gas explosions such far distances?
I have never experienced one around my area that I know of so I have no place to say if it could be felt all over or not?
With the amount of ambulances on the scene.. I have a gut feeling someone was severely hurt.
Gas leaks scare me! Especially since you can't 'see' them, but you can smell them sometimes.
Hope everyone is okay no matter what happened.

Well there's a medical staging area. Lots of injuries maybe?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Yngvarr

Thanks for the map, really close to the airport.

I can't listen on the iPad.

Husband let me listen on his comp for a minute, he thinks its just a house gas explosion.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Any chance it's an apt building I wonder?

Can mods move this to current events or something?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I did hear them say to check the school for people looking for help and move them

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
This sounds like many houses damaged by whatever it was. Not a single house.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
It's a residential neighborhood.

The address is in there. They said it but are now being exceptionally careful NOT to say the center of the incident so I'm not repeating it either. I'm guess it's for family type concerns. They had said moments ago though for anyone not listening on the live feed, 3 houses were burning. They are shutting down the whole neighborhood though.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sitchin
TAURID METEOR SHOWER ?

Earth is passing through a stream of gravelly debris from Comet Encke, source of the annual Taurid meteor shower. Because the debris stream is not very congested, Taurid meteor rates are usually low, around 5 per hour. The special thing about Taurids is that they tend to be fireballs. Amateur astronomer Thomas Ashcraft photographed this Taurid exploding over eastern New Mexico on Nov. 9th:

www.spaceweather.com...

watching the news channels but nothing as yet

Maybe one got thru been quite a few laterly
Looking at a picture on facebook of material that is raining down a miles away from explosion.
Look white I'l try to post it.

Ok here it is and what is it

edit on 10-11-2012 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thanks Wrabbit.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
This is sounding like a plane crash, mass casualties.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sprtpilot

They have talked about the Gas company and specifically talked about gas leaks with multiple gas fires. Now..is it a leak caused it or whatever caused it made the leak? I dunno...but they did call for Chaplain services so it's real now. No question there.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

TAURID METEOR SHOWER ?

Earth is passing through a stream of gravelly debris from Comet Encke, source of the annual Taurid meteor shower. Because the debris stream is not very congested, Taurid meteor rates are usually low, around 5 per hour. The special thing about Taurids is that they tend to be fireballs. Amateur astronomer Thomas Ashcraft photographed this Taurid exploding over eastern New Mexico on Nov. 9th:

www.spaceweather.com...

tbh it felt exactly as a meteor would feel, it shuck our house to its core.

There is a total information blocade, I went to the area they have it blocked off for miles, and the whole area smells of sulfur and then a very forgien smell as you get closer to the destruction, I couldn't take any pictures or videos but there is mass devastation down there, and everyone is running out.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

wow, they're bringing in school buses and pulling all responders out ?
why isn't this all over the msm yet ??

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Maskander

The Mary Bryan Elementary is the collection point for medical and evacuation by Indigo busses. They've repeated that several times now for anyone not able to hear the feed.

edit on 10-11-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maskander

TAURID METEOR SHOWER ?

www.spaceweather.com...

tbh it felt exactly as a meteor would feel, it shuck our house to its core.

There is a total information blocade, I went to the area they have it blocked off for miles, and the whole area smells of sulfur and then a very forgien smell as you get closer to the destruction, I couldn't take any pictures or videos but there is mass devastation down there, and everyone is running out.

I work for TransCanada PipeLine for ten year the gas should smell like rotten egg.

************** NOT SULFUR **************

This is someting else

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
The chatter has gone quiet. I wonder if they've switched channels.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The mayor is talking now on
www.wishtv.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenGlassDoor
The chatter has gone quiet. I wonder if they've switched channels.
yeah this is scary, I hope we are safe.

link   
Very very strange the way he is describing the explosion.

link   
reply to post by GreenGlassDoor

It sounded like they'd called a meeting with everyone being called to the incident command at the spot for awhile now. Maybe it'll pick back up. If not, that would be odd since they have two distinct scenes. One at whatever happened and the school a half mile or so away.. Hmm

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
can a mod take this out of introductions

EDIT

FREudian slip

EXPLOSION in the nearby school? wtf
edit on 10-11-2012 by Maskander because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join