It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant sonic boom felt and heard in Indianapolis Indiana(meteor? mass devastation Info blocade

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Well, we can rule out bomb and Meth lab..

Andre Carson, a Congressional representative for the area said he came to the church where the new donation headquarters is and Homeland Security told him bomb and meth lab have been ruled out.

from here..

www.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Not really.

The blast in IN seems way stronger
edit on Sun, 11 Nov 2012 14:27:30 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun, 11 Nov 2012 14:30:05 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AFewGoodWomen
This is very worrying to me.
Either we are under attack by a foreign enemy or meteor strikes are going to be becoming more and more frequent.

I don't know why...but I'm going with missile strike right now...I just feel it in my gut.

my money's on increasing meteor strikes....!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sprtpilot

Well the leak might have been caused very close to the time of detonation. They do not have instant warning systems for that sort of stuff. The pressure drop would take time to register due to the length of time it would take for the drop to get to the measuring points, which are usually at major pipe intersections, rather than being at every junction.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

Well if you click the address portion and read the entire article , METH LAB and BOMB have been RULED OUT!!!

edit on 11-11-2012 by ujustneverknow because: just saw this was noted....my apologies

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I had a dream the other night in which we were getting hit by multiple meteors. It was very vivid and scary....and now this.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ujustneverknow
reply to post by HIWATT

Well if you click the address portion and read the entire article , METH LAB and BOMB have been RULED OUT!!!

edit on 11-11-2012 by ujustneverknow because: just saw this was noted....my apologies

Are you saying that I stated it was a bomb or meth lab (or just stating something you saw in a link I posted?)

I never said anything about a bomb or lab, I simply stated the information of the (previous?) owner of the home and his business/related facebook page

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Don't forget how directional the blast was too. Wouldn't a house full of gas detonate out in all directions roughly the same?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sprtpilot

I am no expert by any means, but it seems to me for it to have been a gas leak in one or both of the houses, they would have to have been airtight and built up a lot of pressure.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
From what I am reading, it seems like it was too big for a natural gas leak. There isn't that much pressure in a gasline to the house to create that sort of damage. If a main broke underneath the house, that may do that. Seven lbs is not big enough for that in my opinion.

Maybe there were explosives or a still in the house, a lot of alcohol coupled to the gas leak would do that. I guess we will never know, at least we won't be allowed to know the truth. Why would the government take out a whole neighborhood with hellfire missiles, That doesn't sound reasonable. The Russian information link sounds interesting, who knows what is going on. All I know is that if the CIA was involved, we would never be told the whole truth about it. Maybe it was an error by an employee that launched the missiles. Like I said, I doubt if the government would purposely do that.

This thing will be buried, even if it is a natural gas explosion. Some people would get paranoid of their homes gas lines if they say it was not something else. To create such a big explosion, how come nobody smelled the natural gas? To build up to that pressure to do that damage, it would be detectable to the neighbors for a day or more..

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Wow, those are great ariel photos. I see even across from the point of impact/explosion people's windows and garages are blown out. Whatever did happen, was big! What's odd to me is the site of what happened, 2 houses completely obliterated, the others next to it both semi taken out, and the direction is which the debris ended up.
Good photos

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sprtpilot
Don't forget how directional the blast was too. Wouldn't a house full of gas detonate out in all directions roughly the same?

if you look at this photo..

It looks like something hit from right to left..

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

From what I can see, it blew the garage doors even off the houses behind it, as well as across the road. That was an insane explosion. I am surprised a lot of people weren't killed from flying debris and such.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

nooo , i'm sorry it came off like that , I was just highlighting the fact those two possibilities are finally ruled out.....

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Don't know if this link to the AP story has been posted but:

www.centurylink.net...

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ujustneverknow
reply to post by HIWATT

nooo , i'm sorry it came off like that , I was just highlighting the fact those two possibilities are finally ruled out.....

No worries you had me confused that's all.

I haven't determined anything outstanding or odd about the family. His father is the Director of IT tech at WellPoint (and is struggling with cancer)... btw I'm not posting anything here that isn't publicly available...

And to the person much earlier in the thread that said these houses are in the $500,000-$1,000,000 range that is farrr from the truth. The value of that home is actually $236,000

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I think the gas service suppliers would be able to confirm by now whether it was a gas explosion- seems far too devastating to me. The photograph from the Oldham explosion shows the type of damage you can expect from a domestic natural gas explosion- this seems to have at least double the explosive force. A great deal more fire damage than Oldam too (although, yes, wooden construction).

And audible / felt through the ground 30 miles away? I doubt it. If natural gas was this dangerous, we wouldnt be casually fitting it to all our houses....

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

Wow, that is pretty low. Looks like a nice neighborhood, nice houses too. It would be in the million range at least if it were in NY. Mine was valued at 400k, and it was an old raised ranch in the woods.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Gas is heavier than air, (Which is why garage floors are required to be sloped out in most building codes btw.) so I suppose that if you have a gas leak on the ground floor and the ignition point was on the upper floor, the gas concentration would be quite strong before the big bang.

ETA: If you also take into account the return air duct drawing the ground floor gas in and mixing it thoroughly with oxygen, you'd have quite the volatile mixture.

edit on 11-11-2012 by wirefly because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Yahoo has gotten in on this.

Link to Yahoo Article

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join