It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant sonic boom felt and heard in Indianapolis Indiana(meteor? mass devastation Info blocade

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by thedman
As can see gas leaks can cause major damage

That's not really a good comparison. You're suggesting the theory of a gas leak is reasonable, but that report was of one house destroyed, and lots of debris. This case includes witnesses hearing a loud explosion more than 30 miles away, with a preceding earthquake-like movement/vibration followed by the explosion.

The two stories are not even similar other than "house destroyed".

I find it increasingly unlikely that this was a gas explosion. It doesn't explain the distance of he explosion being heard, the preceding sounds and sensations, or the fact that witnesses who attended to rescue trapped neighbours were not in fear of fire until they had rescued pretty much everyone already from the house nearby.

There is a witness who states he felt the tremor, heard the explosion, went outside and saw the destruction, with insulation raining from the sky, and then proceeded to rescue people - THEN the fire broke out, as you would expect from an explosion rupturing a gas pipe and it igniting as a result of the event, not as the CAUSE of it.

While I find the idea of drone strikes highly unlikely, lets not be idiots or naive about this - the USA is not the only nation to have spent billion on military development over the last two decades. If the US has developed armed drones do you really think that no other nation has thought of it?

Many Americans are pretty arrogant when it comes to their military, and while the US military is a global leader in sheer power, funding and manpower, China and Russia have not just *stopped* developing technology. I can guarantee you that China and Russia both have some form of stealth attack tech that they could use without the US even knowing about it. That's the whole point of having a defence program.
edit on 11-11-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

Thank you!

A sane reply..I like it....

It is indeed a sane reply but get off the paranoid attack band wagon. Regardless of how well developed Russia and China are in attack capabilities, they certainly could not breach the U.S. defense forces unless it was a home based attack and even if it were, why the hell would they attack a suburban neighborhood?

This is in all probability an accidental event and gas is still the most likely explanation.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticagnostic
I think some of you are only a few steps from the CRAZY train and need to up your meds or something at least go talk to your doctor...

Missile drones? Nuclear attack ( so laughable i almost peed myself),... thank god none of you have control over the our defenses ...
you'd blow all of us up in a minute.

I'm surprised we havn't had:

It was a ship from outer space firing at us

Yet....

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I love how everyone on here is an expert and knows it couldn't be a gas explosion.Seriously people just wait and see what happens.Why speculate?some of the speculation is beyond crazy.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedman
reply to post by MysterX

.If it was a house explosion..for it to create such a boom felt shaking entire houses up to the distances being reported, it would have had to have been equivalent to many tonnes of TNT...or even a small nuke device perhaps.

It may be a meteorite...if they hit and they're large enough, this would cause the effects being reported, and a gag on the media if there are thought to be more on there way in...in the UK we have had several strange meteor sightings of late, a possible connection?

Wow - have people with no knowledge speculating on all sort of bizzare situations, drone strike, nuclear
explosions, etc

Gas smell/leaks are a common call for fire departments - which is why carry gas detectors (often multi gas
with capability of O2, flammable vapor/gases (gasoline, natural gas), Hydrogen sulfide, carbon monoxide)

Gas explosions are unfortunately common, ranging from single house to entire neighborhoods being taken out
when major pipeline rutures

Here is what a house looks like afteer a gas explosion - happened 2 years ago in nearby town . Our FD
responded on additional alarm to scene

www.youtube.com...

As can see gas leaks can cause major damage

True, as I mentioned as well, it *could* (at this point undetermined?) simply have been a gas explosion, one happened at a main about 15 miles from me, years back, and I could see the flames from here that far away and hear the rushing gas, it woke me up and lit up the night, pretty impressive, luckily nobody was hurt.

But if a gas explosion, what from, a leak, an earthquake, an arson, some external cause, (HAARP lol, don't ever rule it out), some things are just as simple as they seem, somethings I have become convinced over the years are about 180 from what the herd is told in the press, people have to figure things out on their own if they care to know.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I read a few minutes ago on a YouTube video, that there was a HOA meeting this morning for that neighborhood and it was revealed that it was a meth lab explosion. Not saying it was or wasn't, just what I read.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by XxJustaSexiBoyxX

Can't be a meth lab explosion, it would have had to have been a meth factory explosion

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I found this below about drones with missiles being legal over the United States:

The US military has revealed that stronger and more powerful versions of the famed Predator drones, known as MQ-9 Reaper drones, are being fitted with missiles and other explosive ordinances as part of a deployment of 30,000 drones authorized to fly over the US by the NDAA and the armed drones will now be operating inside the United States.

A military spokesman at the Hancock Field Air National Guard base in NY said the drones will only be armed with missiles and explosive ordinances when they are operating in airspace over US military bases and are only being armed as part of a program to train others to operate America’s new drone fleet.

Legislation passed by congress authorized the integration of military and public airspace into a single national aerospace grid to support both civil and public drone flights over U.S. skies.

Source: yeoldefalseflag.com...

The source is not the best, but Im sure someone who knows his way around legal sites can find out more.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Some aerial pics of the area. www.indystar.com...
edit on 11-11-2012 by BinarySamurai because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I can tell quite a few people posting haven't read the whole thread or kept up with it since page 1 where members here were listening to the event as it was happening and keeping up with what locals were saying.
Please stop insinuating people who aren't convinced its a gas leak aren't 'sane', because locals in the neighborhood and miles around experiencing the whole thing even questioned the gas leak theory. Which is exactly what it is, a theory. If it were so clear cut obvious it was a gas leak, their local news wouldn't be ruling it out and others would have confirmed it, as well. People are just trying to get to the bottom of it like everyone is, using the resources they've found which do show, it could be more than a gas leak. Everyone so 'for sure' and set on their own answer, nothing's been confirmed yet so stop acting like one theory is better than another. We could all be wrong for all we know so far. It's a very oddly handeled situation, leaves a lot of room for questions.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Jet Engine?
Meteor?
Fracking?
Meth Lab?
Gas Leak?
Drone strike?
Bomb?

Well let's strike out the obvious ones:
- Shouldn't be fracking, no movement detected by EQ monitors

- Meth Lab could be possible, but the home was known to be vacant (I'm relying on the honesty of the local neighbors for this one. If it was inhabited, I trust a neighbor would have known)

- It can be a gas leak, but it was stated that there was only a sulfuric smell in the close perimeter of the home, which means that busted line couldn't have caused an explosion, and whatever caused the explosion also busted the line, else the stench could identified from around the neighborhood.

- Jet engine doesn't seem plausible and I'm not picking up any reports of local aerial mishaps, although I see a story about an acid leak in a Rolls Royce factory a week ago up in Wayne county, doesn't seem to be any connection though

- I don't think a grenade, dynamite, or more intense explosive device could have caused the ground to shake before it was detonated, and only leave 2 houses destroyed (in a linear fashion as well)

- Speaking of the linear fashion, that makes it look like something crashed from the sky, I think Meteor and Satellite are also both plausible, except for the fact that the ground does not look like something impacted it.

- So at first what I thought was whatever it was, came from the sky and exploded above ground. It seems like the most possible event is that a satellite, a meteor, or a missile was exploded above the home. This stopped being likely after I noticed the lack of any reports of a bright light in the sky. A meteor or satellite would have been seen before it hit. Because of this reason, a drone strike doesn't seem plausible either.

So I can't possibly take a guess at what it was. It doesn't look like an above ground OR a below ground explosion because of the lack of ground displacement. It just looks like homes exploded by a explosive device, except there are reports of the ground shaking, and there being no EQ, one must assume that it would be an above ground above that entered the atmosphere and exploded above ground, but so far there is no evidence that anyone witnessed a bright light.

So for now, because of the lack of info, I'm going with the following possible events:

- Meteorite / Satellite exploding in the atmosphere
- Domestic terrorist act utilizing gas lines
- USAF aircraft crashing during a run
- Earth displacement
- Normal and very rare gas explosion ( IMO, it was the rumbling of the gas lines that caused a gas leak in this situation. Meaning whatever caused the rumbling in the first place is unknown, and I think I read a post that said there was little evidence of a gas explosion)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Originally posted by gnosticagnostic
I think some of you are only a few steps from the CRAZY train and need to up your meds or something at least go talk to your doctor...

Missile drones? Nuclear attack ( so laughable i almost peed myself),... thank god none of you have control over the our defenses ...
you'd blow all of us up in a minute.

I'm surprised we havn't had:

It was a ship from outer space firing at us

Yet....

True that.. just wait for it.. it's coming.. it's niburu rising .. or interdementional warfare..

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Man, I 've been following this thread since it was 5 pages old and cant believe we still dont know whats going on.

So far we've had gas explosions, meteorites, devices, hellfire missiles and The Russians. Not to mention the whistle blower murder which seems to have gathered little attention. And still no word from the authorities.

Now thats the part that gets me. Obviously by now they must have some idea whats going on, why be all mumm and quiet about it? Trying to get their story straight?

I'm going to add another completely random theory to the list.

A hacked drone...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
www.indystar.com... (Click to second image).

www.thescore.ie...

Anyone notice the similarities?

edit on 11-11-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

If I'm not mistaken. doesn't sound travel many times faster through the ground than the air? This would explain the feeling-before-the-hearing with an increasing separation the further away you get from the source.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
the news is saying it was a gas leak.Its on their facebook pages now.Look up WXIN.Thats a local fox affiliate.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Katharos62191
I can tell quite a few people posting haven't read the whole thread or kept up with it since page 1 where members here were listening to the event as it was happening and keeping up with what locals were saying.
Please stop insinuating people who aren't convinced its a gas leak aren't 'sane', because locals in the neighborhood and miles around experiencing the whole thing even questioned the gas leak theory. Which is exactly what it is, a theory. If it were so clear cut obvious it was a gas leak, their local news wouldn't be ruling it out and others would have confirmed it, as well. People are just trying to get to the bottom of it like everyone is, using the resources they've found which do show, it could be more than a gas leak. Everyone so 'for sure' and set on their own answer, nothing's been confirmed yet so stop acting like one theory is better than another. We could all be wrong for all we know so far. It's a very oddly handeled situation, leaves a lot of room for questions.

The whole tread was hijacked awhile back.. nuclear explosions.. come on now... you wouldn't have just felt a shock you would have been BURNED in the shock wave... nor did i ever say it WAS a gas leak just that would be the official story.. but some of the so called "sane" theories are anything but logical and they are completely rerouting the discussion.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Just saying gas leak won't get it without an explanation of how a leak sufficient to cause that explosion went undetected.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Katharos62191

Sure, most of the 'news' people get through the MS (and some alt) media really IMO can't be taken at face value. Watchng how the stories change, not to mention direct lying---I'm convinced the media LIED about parts of 9-11 and the Iraq war just to mention a couple) and how so many of these events now days seem almost---staged----- like, they were specifically written for the media and to try and influence public opinion, (not saying this was or wasn't) I don't know, I remain sceptical of jumping to quick conclusions about most anything 'news' related that I hear without doing my own homework, it seems to me we have moved into a post 9-11 Brave New World, where the Orwellian Ministry of Truth makes and controls the 'news' and it's up to the citizens to always have to work to piece the real stories together. But yeah, maybe someone just left the oven on and the pilot light went out, or the gas water heater in the baasement had a leak, who knows, maybe we will, maybe we'll never really know, only what were told.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosticagnostic

Did I direct anything towards you or insinuate backing up anything about a nuclear explosion? One- some reasons thrown out there are 'unreasonable' and that's a much better way to handle someone's out there theories than question their sanity. I only saw the nuclear accusation very few times, and will admit, yes, it's unreasonable. But like I stated its still all theory. Rule it out with logic, not insults. Two- If officers were telling locals they believed it could have been a plane, etc. Then it is obvious a lot of people are not being told the whole situation. I believe the nuclear explanation was out there, but that was not even what I was speaking of. I was speaking on behalf of members questioning other members sanity simply for ideas. When those members don't even know what happened for sure. Since I did not reply to you and simply posted, I am sorry you took my post towards just you. I stand by what I say to any and everyone who decided to try and bash instead of rule out with logic.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Not sure if this is relevant but possibly of interest>

The old coke / natural gas plant which closed in 2007 is only 10 miles from this "accident"

ChicagoTribune is reporting blast originated near 8415 Fieldfare Way

Former owner (looks like home was for sale?) is Alex Pflanzer

just some FYI
edit on 11-11-2012 by HIWATT because: fix link

He was/is the Sales Manager at CertaPro in Indiana. Here is their Facebook page
edit on 11-11-2012 by HIWATT because: add links

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join