It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant sonic boom felt and heard in Indianapolis Indiana(meteor? mass devastation Info blocade

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Id be willing to bet that in the end, meteor strike will be the Official explanation...although no one from NASA or JPL has chimed in one bit. Only DHS, FBI and ATF so far.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

.If it was a house explosion..for it to create such a boom felt shaking entire houses up to the distances being reported, it would have had to have been equivalent to many tonnes of TNT...or even a small nuke device perhaps.

It may be a meteorite...if they hit and they're large enough, this would cause the effects being reported, and a gag on the media if there are thought to be more on there way in...in the UK we have had several strange meteor sightings of late, a possible connection?

Wow - have people with no knowledge speculating on all sort of bizzare situations, drone strike, nuclear
explosions, etc

Gas smell/leaks are a common call for fire departments - which is why carry gas detectors (often multi gas
with capability of O2, flammable vapor/gases (gasoline, natural gas), Hydrogen sulfide, carbon monoxide)

Gas explosions are unfortunately common, ranging from single house to entire neighborhoods being taken out
when major pipeline rutures

Here is what a house looks like afteer a gas explosion - happened 2 years ago in nearby town . Our FD
responded on additional alarm to scene

www.youtube.com...

As can see gas leaks can cause major damage

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Originally posted by mrnotobc
I just read a news report that said the cause of the explosion is unknown. A expolsion caused by a gas leak is usually pretty obvious. Why is this one not obvious? Who died? Who lived in the houses that were distroyed?

I've seen plenty of houses destroyed from gas leaks, and usually when a house blows up from a gas leak, it doesn't reduce the whole house into tiny little pieces, much less two houses.

Those houses are made of wood so i'd guess a gas blast would pretty much demolish one or 2!

Those houses are made of brick and wood. Those houses range 1/2 to 1 million dollars. Usually those houses are show houses that are advertised on the market.

One of those houses does have like a crater, the extreme burnt one, which is what I believe is the origin of the fire. Subsequent houses next to it are just burnt with no crater.

Hate to go with a drone theory, but that does look like a warzone.

I'm not buying the homeless person either considering there was car in the driveway of which the crater was at.

Be interesting to find out the owner of the home, do some investigating on the owner and then go from there.
edit on 11-11-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bodhi911
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Why do they use drones in Iraq and Afghanistan when they have soldiers stationed there?

Same reasons apply here.

Why invest money in building drones capable of launching missiles, and letting them fly around in US skies? I dont understand why its considered strange when they are being used. Why would they fly over the US if they wouldnt be used there?

What other purpose would they have? If its for surveillence only, then why do they have missiles? Self defence?

edit on 11-11-2012 by Bodhi911 because: (no reason given)

Ok, I understand there may be Drones with Cams over the skies of the USA but what I dont understand is why they would have Missiles?? As far as I know there is no War on US soil at this present time so I don't see why a Drone would have Missiles! Do you have any Proof of Drones carrying Missiles over the USA?

Of course carrying Missiles over Afghanistan or Iraq is totally different as there is a War going on over there and ground troops need the extra help from above....

Why couldn't a Gas Explosion cause this?

Is this because the blast radius is too wide? Or are you completely dismissing the Gas Blast Scenario?

Again, wouldn't Residents have been told that an Airstrike is going to take place?

Why all of a sudden would Drones come into play? Why not send Police to the address??

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi911

according to the russians?lol where are you getting this info?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedman

That's not really a good comparison. You're suggesting the theory of a gas leak is reasonable, but that report was of one house destroyed, and lots of debris. This case includes witnesses hearing a loud explosion more than 30 miles away, with a preceding earthquake-like movement/vibration followed by the explosion.

The two stories are not even similar other than "house destroyed".

I find it increasingly unlikely that this was a gas explosion. It doesn't explain the distance of he explosion being heard, the preceding sounds and sensations, or the fact that witnesses who attended to rescue trapped neighbours were not in fear of fire until they had rescued pretty much everyone already from the house nearby.

There is a witness who states he felt the tremor, heard the explosion, went outside and saw the destruction, with insulation raining from the sky, and then proceeded to rescue people - THEN the fire broke out, as you would expect from an explosion rupturing a gas pipe and it igniting as a result of the event, not as the CAUSE of it.

While I find the idea of drone strikes highly unlikely, lets not be idiots or naive about this - the USA is not the only nation to have spent billion on military development over the last two decades. If the US has developed armed drones do you really think that no other nation has thought of it?

Many Americans are pretty arrogant when it comes to their military, and while the US military is a global leader in sheer power, funding and manpower, China and Russia have not just *stopped* developing technology. I can guarantee you that China and Russia both have some form of stealth attack tech that they could use without the US even knowing about it. That's the whole point of having a defence program.
edit on 11-11-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

If they were going to do a strike, why would they warn anyone? It's just collateral damage. Warning anyone would be stupid, they could call the person intended to be blown up and tell them. Not that I think it was an air strike mind you.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by redtic
Gas explosion completely destroys home

www.wishtv.com...

Appears to me, that's it's too big to be a natural gas explosion. Could be someone making a bomb? We will NEVER know if that was the case...

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

It can't be a gas explosion because they already ruled it out that wasn't from a gas explosion. Now their saying it's unknown.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I think some of you are only a few steps from the CRAZY train and need to up your meds or something at least go talk to your doctor...

Missile drones? Nuclear attack ( so laughable i almost peed myself),... thank god none of you have control over the our defenses ...
you'd blow all of us up in a minute.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

It can't be a gas explosion because they already ruled it out that wasn't from a gas explosion. Now their saying it's unknown.

dude your leaping to huge conclusions.. they've NOT ruled it out.. only said it may take up to a few weeks to determine the SOURCE...

edit on 11-11-2012 by gnosticagnostic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
"It was so strong that it clearly had an effect for blocks," Ballard said from the area. Beyond the burning homes there was wider damage in the neighborhood: windows shattered in nearby homes, walls caved in and garage doors were knocked off their hinges.

I find that statement interesting.....add with that people were unconscious here and there in the surrounding neighborhood...that's quite a shockwave!

this is one of those incidents that is really puzzling , you'd think they'd know fairly soon if it was a gas leak.
Guess they need more time for further investigation OR to get their story straight , they weren't letting anyone do interviews last night at all.
Sure , I can speculate but we'll have to wait for the end result....
I didn't see any craters in the pics , I saw damage suggesting something coming in at an angle possibly then damage in the opposite direction if it was something that impacted then threw debris backward.
we just don't know.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I starred your post for two reasons. First, I totally agree, no way in hell was this a gas explosion. You describing how you didn't hear an oil refinery explode inside of 30 miles only further convinces me that this whole thing stinks of $hit.

Second, I wanted to give you your 10,000th star.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosticagnostic

It was in one of the news articles.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Cannot someone work out the street addresses so we can get to googling the resident names?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by thedman

That's not really a good comparison. You're suggesting the theory of a gas leak is reasonable, but that report was of one house destroyed, and lots of debris. This case includes witnesses hearing a loud explosion more than 30 miles away, with a preceding earthquake-like movement/vibration followed by the explosion.

The two stories are not even similar other than "house destroyed".

I find it increasingly unlikely that this was a gas explosion. It doesn't explain the distance of he explosion being heard, the preceding sounds and sensations, or the fact that witnesses who attended to rescue trapped neighbours were not in fear of fire until they had rescued pretty much everyone already from the house nearby.

There is a witness who states he felt the tremor, heard the explosion, went outside and saw the destruction, with insulation raining from the sky, and then proceeded to rescue people - THEN the fire broke out, as you would expect from an explosion rupturing a gas pipe and it igniting as a result of the event, not as the CAUSE of it.

While I find the idea of drone strikes highly unlikely, lets not be idiots or naive about this - the USA is not the only nation to have spent billion on military development over the last two decades. If the US has developed armed drones do you really think that no other nation has thought of it?

Many Americans are pretty arrogant when it comes to their military, and while the US military is a global leader in sheer power, funding and manpower, China and Russia have not just *stopped* developing technology. I can guarantee you that China and Russia both have some form of stealth attack tech that they could use without the US even knowing about it. That's the whole point of having a defence program.
edit on 11-11-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

Thank you!

A sane reply..I like it....

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sprtpilot

I remember listening to the live scanners last night they mentioned addresses , some were bleeped out , some not , you can listen to their archives if you'd like.

www.radioreference.com...
edit on 11-11-2012 by ujustneverknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Feldfare Way is the street, Andrusia Ln one street over has two Zillow entries.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

Link to the explosion in russia that knocked windows out for 30 miles. it also was blamed on an ammo explosion.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by indy0725

Apparently from here:

A chilling report circulating in the Kremlin this afternoon released by the Aerospace Defence Forces (VKO) states that Kosmos 2479 detected the firing of two AGM-114 Hellfire missiles from a MQ-1 Predator drone yesterday being operated by the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) over the United States city of Indianapolis that resulted in a massive explosion [photo 2nd left], and from local US media reports resulted in at least two deaths.

Most ominous in this VKO report is its stating that the “intended targets” of these Hellfire missiles were the US Army Resource Services (PPBES) and the US Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS), both located in Indianapolis, Indiana.

from here www.whatdoesitmean.com...

no idea if source is credible or a fantasist. Probably the latter...

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join