It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant sonic boom felt and heard in Indianapolis Indiana(meteor? mass devastation Info blocade

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

Yes, you can.

A couple of years ago, a large motorcycle dealership on an industrial estate went up due to a gas explosion. Our whole city shook, and the tremor was felt in smll villages as far away as 20km.
Our city's fundaments stand on thick clay, though, and that tends to vibrate quite nicely, think yello' .

Luckily it was at night, so all premises were void of people.
edit on 11/11/12 by dutchmilpo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Another home just exploded according to radioreference. Units are in route.
reply to post by elmrich

Another home in the same area??? Approximately what time did this happen?

This whole thing is just crazy!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
I find no "700 code C" or anything like it in hospital codes, emergency responder codes, nor police codes.

That's because it's a Indy fire dept. code it stands for critical disaster.

FORT WAYNE FIRE SIGNALS: 700 Disaster Signal 705 Send Extra Pumper 701 False Alarm 706 Second Alarm 702 We Can Handle 707 Board Up Building 703 Small Working Fire 708 Arson 704 Working Fire

FORT WAYNE EMS CODES: A - Good B - Fair C - Critical

Radio Codes & Signals -- Indiana

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Just heard on your site that people are calling wanting to know when they can go back home. They said they were still doing a survey and it would be released thru the media.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Its on fox news now they are saying gas explosion showed pics of houses burning.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I dont care what some say about fox news, they have the breaking news and it will be reported. Thats why I watch it.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
That's what the one in Knoxville looked like and it was a gas explosion. Not a meteor, not terrorism. Sometimes, looking for unicorns when its a horse staring you in the face is not seeking the truth, but looking for something more exciting. www.knoxnews.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
All I can think to say is that I hope that the people who where injured are ok. I feel so bad for the people(and animals) who lost there lives, especially if this was natural gas. If it was natural gas, wow that is some dangerous stuff. Is there no safety devices that they can develop to prevent things like this, other than adding the bad smell?

Also, does the average insurance cover something like this?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by girlofmountain1
I dont care what some say about fox news, they have the breaking news and it will be reported. Thats why I watch it.

Well, for simple stuff(like this) that has no need to be twisted to an agenda, sure Fox would do just fine same with other MSM sources. However, if you are looking for political coverage or something like that, worst place for news EVER. Personal opinion, well not entirely, its almost quantifiable.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Giant sonic boom felt and heard in Indianapolis Indiana(meteor? mass devastation Info blocade

classic conspiracy over reaction

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by nerdyclutzyblonde

I didn't catch the address so I'm not sure if it is in the same area. Kellys also reported this about 3 minutes after my post.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MyHappyDogShiner
I am in madison wisconsin,and just heard a pretty big boom to the north,like a grenade going off about a block away.

Haven't heard anything like that since I lived in florida,some guy nearby made homemade bombs and set them off out in the woods for thrills.

Very interesting indeed....Im thinking meteors, gas explosion or meth lab....This definitely needs follow up!!!! I wonder, after all these ODD explosions over the country, that there may be something else going on that we are not being told about......

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by elmrich

I cannot remember the address but it was at a different location.

RadioReference: Has a caller for a member of the investigation team who wants to give them some information regarding a similar incident that happened on Friday morning!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Yep, the OP changed the title and added the implausible clause well into the thread when the 'ahems' started tossing in the wildest ideas possible. Occam's Razor at its' sharpest.

Heck, might as well toss in a flock of chickens flying overhead, dropping GMO egg bombs to protest Thanksgiving.

While a gas explosion (as it was originally reported, then the authorities retracted that but left it as an option) is the most comprehensible explanation, that is beginning to be ruled out more certainly.

www.wishtv.com...

An official said the company had received no reports of an odor of gas in the area, and no gas leaks had been discovered as of early Sunday morning.

edit on 11/11/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Here's a link to a photo gallery of the tragic event...

galleries.apps.chicagotribune.com...

Have they confirmed the cause of the explosion?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise

Originally posted by MyHappyDogShiner
I am in madison wisconsin,and just heard a pretty big boom to the north,like a grenade going off about a block away.

Haven't heard anything like that since I lived in florida,some guy nearby made homemade bombs and set them off out in the woods for thrills.

Very interesting indeed....Im thinking meteors, gas explosion or meth lab....This definitely needs follow up!!!! I wonder, after all these ODD explosions over the country, that there may be something else going on that we are not being told about......

Doubt it, these are not that uncommon. No conspiracy here, move along.

According to federal data, incidents related to natural gas pipelines are not uncommon, occurring nearly every other day, causing millions of dollars in property damage and several deaths each year.

There are three basic types of natural gas pipelines. "Gathering" pipelines carry natural gas from production wells. "Transmission" pipelines transport natural gas across the country. And, "distribution" pipelines carry natural gas to homes and businesses

U.S. Department of Transportation, Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) data shows an average 155 incidents happen annually related to distribution pipelines. In 2009, there were 158 natural-gas distribution pipeline incidents reported to PHMSA that killed 10 people, injured 50 and caused almost $32 million in property damage.

www.cbsnews.com...

Just saying.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Maskander

I did warn about 'Gas Explosions' way back in June!!

One specific line in my thread reads:

Anyhow my advice to you is go buy yourself an Electric Appliance for your kitchen... dont say I didn't warn ya!!

Here is my thread :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I did warn to not get Gas Appliances!!

Better to go Electric!
edit on 11-11-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Wongbeedman

As previous poster noted Allentown PA - 2011

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Year before that San Bruno CA - explosion from ruptured gas main leveled entire neighborhood

en.wikipedia.org...

About 20 years ago here in NJ was ruptured gas main that leveled entire apartment complex from resultant fire

I was 25 miles away and could see the fire

en.wikipedia.org...

On personal experience - remember when was teenager when hear boom and felt house rattle - it was a gas
explosion on other side of town several miles away . Backhoe hit main which backed up in house and
exploded

As a FF was at scene of gas explosion - someone tried to burn down auto body shop by un capping main
explosion blown out all the windows. Myself and other FF had to direct hose on burning main while gas
company attempted to find street shutoff - spent 1 1/2 hours holding that hose line.......

Gas main explosion can be seen and felt for considerable distances

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
This is almost certainly not any sort of gas main explosion. There would be a crater. From the pics, the blast was directional, towards the back of the incident houses. It is odd that so far none of the media outlets are saying that one of the houses was vacant. A vacant house filling with gas as has been brought up here sounds plausible

But, in this densely packed a neighborhood, you aren't going to have much of a leak go undetected for very long.
Most of us can smell tiny amounts of NG quite easily.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Citizens Energy tested for gas leaks in the subdivision but has found none, Dan Considine, a company spokesperson, said Sunday morning.

www.indystar.com...

Not sure what that means ultimately. I guess if there was a leak isolated to the house, then that leak evidence is pretty much obliterated. However, if there was no leak, that still leaves the question of "WTF caused it?"

As far as people dismissing the meth lab idea, don't dismiss it. If this was a vacant home in a nice area, then where better to set up to cook? Especially if you never come outside except when others are sleeping, who's going to know? Meth junkies do some crazy stuff, I wouldn't put it past one to hole up & cook their own junk. I also wouldn't put it past someone to hole up in a nice empty house like this to cook for profit, either.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join