It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant sonic boom felt and heard in Indianapolis Indiana(meteor? mass devastation Info blocade

page: 109
<< 106  107  108   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Personally, I think this story is pretty much resolved except for the details, arrest(s), and prosecution. But since this is ATS, I know there may be some who think it's a cover story for something else and who might find this link interesting:

Map of recent explosions in the USA

It's a mashup using Google maps to pinpoint all of the recent explosions around the USA.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

Be careful, some members are so fixated on believing that it was: a drone, ufo, asteroid and various other stereotypical conspiracy theories.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
If it's still in the search, Ima bump another thread on this topic.
It's short, maybe only 7 or 8 replies. But, my post on it uses the
same photo as the OP of that thread.

It is in regards to an update wherein 33 houses are set for demo.
That's a lot of houses out from the ground zero blast.
How could they have sustained that much damage that they would
require bulldozing?

Then I noticed that the trees right at the alleged blast area didn't have
their autumn leaves disturbed at all!!

All may not be as it seems.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter

Then I noticed that the trees right at the alleged blast area didn't have
their autumn leaves disturbed at all!!

All may not be as it seems.

It's not that unlikely if you think about it - the pressure from a blast wave, and also a suction wave, will have more impact on a large flat surface than on a (relatively) thin straight surface with lots of holes, plus I think there was a huge amount of power transmitted through the ground which did a lot to shift foundations.

Are you suggesting the houses are being demolished for no good reason? Or that there was another epicentre of the explosion to do that damage?
edit on 25-11-2012 by delusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ikonoklast
Personally, I think this story is pretty much resolved except for the details, arrest(s), and prosecution.

I think that is where it stands also.

Which could explain why the media really hasn't had any "new" developments on the criminal investigation as of late. It would also explain why the gas company stated something to the effect that "there was an unusually high reading that afternoon" or whatever was said, then they later rescinded that comment stating they did not have individual days usage.

And lastly, it was reported that warrants were issued and that 2 were taken into custody - announced by some outlets as one David Gill, and one Bob (Robert?) Leonard. That also, was later rescinded and we were told that some warrants were served and people were questioned. Nobody has been "officially" arrested yet.

So if it is a (solid) case of insurance fraud gone wrong, I'd expect arrests very soon - perhaps this coming week.

If not, and this whole ordeal just peters out into oblivion... never to be heard of again - then there is a big problem.

Either way, mistakes were made.
Just my .02

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Just providing a relevant update here - for those still following this:

Authorities said Wednesday that they have served at least 15 search warrants in a widening criminal probe of a Southeastside explosion that killed two people.

That in itself it very telling. To me it says that the heat is being turned up on "Mark and Moncy fiasco" and any connections to either of them are being thoroughly explored. I'd also read that Moncy had an outstanding warrant, and turned herself in. (accompanied by their attorney) Something to do with a previous assault/battery charge against her ex.

Also Wednesday, the attorney for the couple who lived in the house that exploded confirmed that a white van taken into custody by police belonged to Mark Leonard.

And this:

Leonard is the caretaker at a shuttered southwestside hotel and convention center who will “oversee” its demolition, Cable said. The van was parked there when police seized it.

(my own emphasis bolded)

That could indeed explain alot.
The hotel in question is the Cavalier's Resort, if I recall it correctly.

Questions remain. Did Mark not publicly admit to being the owner of that white van until today? I'm pretty sure that the authorities can easily pull up a VIN - vehicle identification number, and check the reg's for a match. That sort of investigation is only a couple mouse clicks away if you have access. So, why come out with this now?
If he bull#ted to police, then it could be seen as obstruction of justice....

I'd bet that the pressure is now on simmer mode, and there are a few that are starting to crack.
Just call it a hunch.

source

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Interview with investigator...

www.wlfi.com...

Nothing new, not releasing details until the case is wrapped up, the forensic team is still going over wreckage. No arrests, just warrants for searches and questioning.

On the lack of suspect identification so far, Riggs called for patience.
“It's a painstaking investigation. These are very difficult, these types of explosions. It's going to take some time. Hopefully, we can make an arrest and successfully hold the people or person accountable,” he said.
In the meantime, Riggs said teams of investigators will remain on the case full time. The department will release detailed figures on the hours they've worked and on the cost of the investigation so far by next week. There’s no doubt, he added, that the response to the explosion and resulting investigation will have an impact on the department’s budget next year, he added.

“I think people will be surprised by the enormity of what’s been going on since day one,” he said. “I think we have the best and brightest we have working to get to the truth.”

Cue theories the police department rigged it to increase their budget?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I know this is old news, but I still think its rather odd that I felt this gas explosion here in Shelbyville, IN about 25 to 30 miles away. There really arent any updates. I also found it funny when I noticed that when they ran the stories on the couple living there, when they said Mark Leonard's name, and randomly in during the story...they would show a mugshot of Mark, and zoom in on it. I wish I could find these stories, perhaps I'll try.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Finally!! Charges are filed against 3 people including the homeowner & the boyfriend who is now arrested & in custody!

I'm a resident here in Indy & when this first happened and I noticed the charred 'For Sale' sign in the coverage I knew this was intentional.

News conference in 5 minutes.

Here's a link if you want to read more:

Charges Filed

Edit to add: Felony murder charges added which puts the death penalty on the table. Wow!
edit on 12/21/2012 by Whisper67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

Bob's got one eye on the money, one eye on the street. Don't mess with him!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by PieceOfThePuzzle
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

Be careful, some members are so fixated on believing that it was: a drone, ufo, asteroid and various other stereotypical conspiracy theories.

I appreciate the open minds of those here on ATS (and elsewhere) and those who are always willing to look outside the box for possible clues. Not everything is as it seems. Right now, after charges filed, those who early on claimed this WAS most likely a 'conspiracy', appear to be right. While it *MAY* have been caused by nothing more than stupidity and greed, still, after all....it appears--- a CONSPIRACY, nonetheless ,compared to a 'coincidence' (theory) as so many other things seem to be written off as.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Just to re-confirm, it was a deliberately set explosion to get insurance pay off:

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I read the Probable Cause Affidavit late last night, and man oh man... after reading it again today, this whole thing now seems like a mixture between a dysfunctional family & friends / gambling debts combined with greed and stupidity on a very epic level.

The end result was 2 lives lost, and dozens of others severely altered because of this.
All for what... money?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Someone somewhere (not here) mentioned that the alleged perps may have got the idea for a microwave bomb from the TV show "Burn Notice". Don't watch, haven't seen that episode, but googling the episode was most rewarding. No ingenuity required to pull off this caper, just an appetite for TV and a complete disregard for the "don't try this at home" disclaimer.

A friend of mine who read the probable cause affadavit, commented "they managed to be overachievers and underachievers all at the same time."

edit on 24-12-2012 by FlippinHeck because: Accidentally a word out

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by telemetry

Do you have a link to the probable cause statement?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOtter

Probable Cause Affadavit via RTV6

There's just an awesome amount of stupid described in this document -- none of them could keep their stories straight. One of them was a week off in his announcement that the house blew up and he was shopping Craigslist for a Ferrari. I am referring to them now as the "three little pigs".

I'm eagerly awaiting the ID and arrest of the "fourth person whose name and ID are currently unknown."

I wonder what's become of Snowball the cat.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
More Information today in the case of what we locals are calling the "3 stooges insurance fraud explosion". I'm not making light of the tragedy with the goofy name, it's just what those of us who are close to the families involved are calling these morons. A little humor seems to help at times like this.

Someone has come forward as a witness to B.L. moving irreplaceable items from the home and having them in his possession after the blast. They are still looking for a 4th suspect whom anyone who has researched these idiots knows the name of, so I won't post it here. the witness is just a kid and allowing the media to interview her may not have been the smartest thing ever, but hopefully the attorneys know what their are doing in allowing her to speak.

It's not huge news but at least things are moving forward.

www.wthr.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Well, I haven't been following this story much lately....
There have been some recent developments, that are worth depositing here nonetheless.

The "other cohort" (for lack of a better term) to the trio was mentioned early on, to be one man known simply from here on out as DG. He recently was arrested for insurance fraud, although not immediately implicated to the ongoing investigation as serial furnace man.... or "other person of interest" I'm sure he's been on the radar awhile.

Investigators said Gill and Leonard reported a motorcycle stolen when it was actually stripped and sold for parts. Gill was questioned in November about his knowledge of the south side explosion that killed two people and damaged dozens of homes.

Source Link

So, I wonder. Could that be the "other" unconfirmed Harley, the one that was supposed to be parked in the garage and was never recovered after the explosion/fire? Upon reading more it does appear that both DG and Mark Leonard are charged together with this, so conspiring is still on the table.

If you want to take a look at the affidavit -
There is a direct download for the PDF.
HERE

T-

new topics

top topics

<< 106  107  108   >>

join