It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant sonic boom felt and heard in Indianapolis Indiana(meteor? mass devastation Info blocade

page: 103
<< 100  101  102    104  105  106 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Maskander

A LOT of threads across all kinds of topics begin with a personal story and no linked to source information. Do a quick sample through the 'Top Topics' to see.

This thread fitted fine where it was. As a personal story it no longer is presented as an event witnessed and experienced by many. I reckon that means it is less likely to attract the traffic it did previously as a result. Still no moderator has fronted up with an explanation despite being asked for one directly - by me at least.

Here is another conspiracy theory for you. ATS has come under pressure to bury this thread.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Was the cause of the explosion ever discovered?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FreebirdGirl

If it has, I haven't seen it announced anywhere. I haven't really heard a peep about it at all in quite a while, which seems strange.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
It's pretty crazy that this was moved for some weak, lame excuse. It's pretty clear that this was moved to ensure less eyes hit the story. Nothing more, nothing less.

I was going with gas explosion, but because of this move I have more doubts than ever.

Guess our Overlord answers to people higher up.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
still reading and waiting for more info...A MOD moved this to the 'gray area' ?!?! no reason for that..other than some MODS personnel opinion about the matter..... i guess we just keep flagging and starring this thread................

that said...there still is no explaination about the explosion...the gas comapny has said a couple of times that there was no evidence of a gas leak........but that made me wonder...in every explained 'natural gas explosion'....is there evidence??? and what is that evidence.....is it a blown gas pipe? ruptured gas mains? reports of a 'smell' before the explosion? eyewitness accounts of the explosion? forensic evidence of a 'natural gas explosion'? residue of a 'natural gas explosion'? can they read an abnormal release of pressure due to a 'natural gas explosion'?.......just asking questions..........

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by clearmind
still reading and waiting for more info...A MOD moved this to the 'gray area' ?!?! no reason for that..other than some MODS personnel opinion about the matter..... i guess we just keep flagging and starring this thread................

that said...there still is no explaination about the explosion...the gas comapny has said a couple of times that there was no evidence of a gas leak........but that made me wonder...in every explained 'natural gas explosion'....is there evidence??? and what is that evidence.....is it a blown gas pipe? ruptured gas mains? reports of a 'smell' before the explosion? eyewitness accounts of the explosion? forensic evidence of a 'natural gas explosion'? residue of a 'natural gas explosion'? can they read an abnormal release of pressure due to a 'natural gas explosion'?.......just asking questions..........

Im thinking the meters outside the home must have still been in place with such a definitive stance from the gas company.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The latest news contains an announcement they are about to draw the investigation to an end. According to Huffington Post.

Indiana Explosion Investigation Coming To An End

Fire Capt. Rita Burris says investigators hope to wrap up their on-scene work by the end of the week, but aren't putting a timeline on determining what caused the blast.

Investigators say they believe the explosion was caused by natural gas, and are focusing on gas appliances in the homes in the center of the blast.

I guess if fire captain Burris knows the real inside guff, and she ought to, then it would seem the investigators already have a conclusion they are working toward, hahaha. A gas explosion.

The lab technicians might come to a different conclusion. All depends on the kind of evidence gathered, and whether or not they really do have what they need to prove it was or it was not a gas explosion.

edit on 17-11-2012 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

what do you mean by your statement?

its obvious that the meter would have been destroyed..along with most of the appliences that MAY be the cause. my questions are real...is there a way for the gas company to measure a release of pressure?..a slow release that fills a house (assumtion, most likely unreadable) and then blows up would (just assuming) rupture the gas line coming into the house...which i would assume (assume again) would release an abnormal amount of gas into the explosion area..creating a larger fire (assumption) and a continuous stream of flaming gas shooting into the explosion area (assumption) but that said the explosion could have stopped the flaming gas coming out of the line thru the evacuation of oxygen at the moment of the explosion..........

it would seem that even tho they are saying that there is no evidence of a 'natural gas explosion' that a 'natural gas explosion' is the reason that they are going to go with even tho there is no evidence of a 'natural gas explosion' because they cant figure out how this type of explosion could occur with out a 'natural gas explosion' so even tho they cant pin point the evidence for a 'natural gas explosion' that they will say a 'naturaul gas explsion' is the reason for the explosion even tho they cant find the evidence leading to the 'natural gas explosion' ....hence...it must be a 'natural gas explosion'....

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by clearmind

Yeah I was thinking along the same lines myself. That if there was some kind of gas leak, why wouldn't there be like a blowback into the main line causing a bigger explosion? Maybe the pipes are too skinny for that, and made skinny for that purpose. I have no idea really, just a guess.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
say 'natural gas explosion' enuf times and ........a 'natural gas explosion' it is

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tallone
reply to post by Maskander

A LOT of threads across all kinds of topics begin with a personal story and no linked to source information. Do a quick sample through the 'Top Topics' to see.

This thread fitted fine where it was. As a personal story it no longer is presented as an event witnessed and experienced by many. I reckon that means it is less likely to attract the traffic it did previously as a result. Still no moderator has fronted up with an explanation despite being asked for one directly - by me at least.

Here is another conspiracy theory for you. ATS has come under pressure to bury this thread.

Yes like most good thread
and all the explosion one we had lately.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
It's going to take a pretty tortured explanation for two appliances in two homes, simultaneously exploding.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sprtpilot

Only ONE house exploded...... The house next to it was so close, and the explosion so powerful, it destroyed most of the house next to it. It also damaged houses a bit further away. Then the resulting fires burned houses around it as well.

edit on 17-11-2012 by illuminated0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by clearmind

Most natural gas explosions don't blow up the pipe that exists between the house and the meter. The gas fills up inside the house, and it is that gas in the house that blows up. It does not travel into the pipe because there is usually gas coming out of the pipe still, and an outward pressure. Oh, and you need a little something called OXYGEN for the gas to ignite. There is not a whole lot of oxygen coming out of a natural gas pipe..........

If the gas line is broken during the explosion, and still open, by the time the firefighters arrive the gas line would have a steady flame on it like a stove, and firefighters would have to turn the gas line off.

In most natural gas explosions the main components of appliances are still intact. The main components are made of steal and are fairly strong, and wont burn away in a fire. However, they can be fairly scattered around in different places, and hard to find in all the rubble. They usually provide the clues needed to determine the cause of the explosion. However, there are times the cause is never found.

Gas explosions happen a lot... I don't see a reason why this would be anything but that. A lot of ATS members have a need to turn everything into a conspiracy, and it looks like some of you are getting your fix.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Only ONE house exploded...... The house next to it was so close, and the explosion so powerful, it destroyed most of the house next to it. It also damaged houses a bit further away. Then the resulting fires burned houses around it as well.

Nope, before we get the sanitized findings, all the reports were that two houses exploded, not one house and
collateral damage from it, just like this wording from CNN:

(CNN) — At least two people were killed when two houses sitting next to one another exploded in Indianapolis early Sunday, a fire department spokeswoman said.

fox6now.com...
edit on 17-11-2012 by sprtpilot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Space junk falls becomming a kinetic energy b word? Maybe the sun acting up triggers these events? Or something or someone else knocks stuff back to Earth. Remember what we did to the moon with a satelite to determine if there was water there? This is a very scary idea.
edit on 17-11-2012 by frugal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I have seen pics of houses that have been blown up from various reasons, I have never seen a natural gas explosion do damage like that. But, who am I?? We will probably never know the real reason. I live close to Indy, but I work nights, so I never get to see the news. I know I seen a commercial about it earlier about continueing coverage.......

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

You are completely misinterpreting the CNN article.

There was only ONE explosion and it only came from ONE house. That ONE explosion destroyed multiple houses, but it only came from ONE house.

www.foxnews.com...

The blast flattened the house Shirley co-owns with his ex-wife and one next door that belongs to second-grade teacher Jennifer Longworth and her husband, John.

The blast flattened the main house and the house next door. "The blast" means ONE BLAST.

The owner of a house that exploded in Indianapolis, killing two people and damaging dozens of homes so severely officials say they must be demolished, said Monday that a problem furnace could be at fault.

The owner of a house that exploded.... "A house" means ONE house.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
www.liveleak.com...
2nd video

The more and more I watch missle and drone attacks, the more I believe that what I experienced that night was exactly that. from every point in that video is familiar to what I experienced.
edit on 17-11-2012 by Maskander because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminated0ne

You are completely misinterpreting the CNN article.

There was only ONE explosion and it only came from ONE house. That ONE explosion destroyed multiple houses, but it only came from ONE house.

www.foxnews.com...

The blast flattened the house Shirley co-owns with his ex-wife and one next door that belongs to second-grade teacher Jennifer Longworth and her husband, John.

The blast flattened the main house and the house next door. "The blast" means ONE BLAST.

The owner of a house that exploded in Indianapolis, killing two people and damaging dozens of homes so severely officials say they must be demolished, said Monday that a problem furnace could be at fault.

The owner of a house that exploded.... "A house" means ONE house.

Sorry did not buy into it 80 page ago 30, 20, 10, or now.
But I guess you have your job to do (Just saying)
and NO I'm not sure what did it still looking for better info.

top topics

<< 100  101  102    104  105  106 >>

join