It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant sonic boom felt and heard in Indianapolis Indiana(meteor? mass devastation Info blocade

page: 102
<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by usaman1983
Another fire in Indianapolis, space heater to blamed

www.wishtv.com...

Thanks for bringing this up and drawing attention that this report and what happened here are definitely not the same repeated occurrence.

This is a household fire in the article, not an unverified explosion demolishing 2 houses and pretty much "halving" 2 neighboring houses on either side.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Forgive me.. must have missed something. I was following but missed a day.

When did this get moved into the gray area?

Also curious as to why? It happened yes?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Blimey.... 99 pages and still no conclusive evidence has been posted on what happened

Authorities still dont know what happened?

Or

They do know what happened but are hoping the public never find out??

Well, we know the thread became just a little bit fixated over some photos of someone living in one of the houses, moving right away from the far more interesting and productive exercise of sifting through the material evidence todo with the explosion itself and the facts the media have been carefully feeding out. My opinion only of course.

We also know this thread has been shifted to the 'grey area' of ATS - without any explanation. Awll look now the thread is dead.

There was a story here folks. Apparently the real story, i.e. the cause, is not for Joe and Jayne public to know.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlippinHeck
Former news reporter here. I'm out of that business and into a different line of work now, for reasons not relevant to this discussion.

A few things I'd like to point out: First, I think the news media are being very careful in their reporting, and I think they can make an informed guess as to what happened and why. They're not dumb, and it's their business to investigate and report the news even when sources are being uncooperative.

Because they have to be careful not to libel any of the people playing a role in the developing story, you won't hear any speculation about the case until the investigation is concluded and the results are published. This is not a coverup, it's journalistic fairness, or professional self-interest, or whatever you want to call it.

My impressions: Ms. Shirley and her boyfriend Mark Leonard are doing themselves no favors at all by giving media interviews. They are also either getting very bad legal advice, or are disregarding the advice of their lawyer by speaking out.

There's no shame in getting legal counsel in their situation -- no matter how this disaster happened, there will be rumors and theories and fingerpointing. The best they can do in this situation is to shut the hell up and offer a firm "no comment" -- at the very most, let their attorney issue a press release stating their shock at what happened, their compassion for the victims and their families, and a request for privacy as they deal with their loss. And that's IT.

They should know that complaining publicly that they are being treated with suspicion serves only to increase the scrutiny they're under. We're hearing a lot about how they're the victims, and how much stress they're feeling. Cops love people who can't keep their mouths shut, especially if they're already suspicious that you're up to something.

Ms. Shirley's statement that she wished she had been in the house instead of her two neighbors who died gave me a chill -- this went beyond simple compassion and seemed like a veiled expression of remorse (for what, exactly? Hmmm.). But in her stressed-out, medicated state, who really knows for sure?

Mr. Shirley, the ex husband and co-owner of the home, did himself no favors either. He said he'd "bet anything" it was the furnace, which made it sound as if he knew more about the accident than any of the investigators at that point.

I have not confirmed myself through public records research, but the information about the divorce, the protective order, the financial difficulties, bankruptcy, an aborted short sale on the home, the $1k / month child support payments etc. seem reliable to me.

Any of these circumstances could tempt someone to arrange an "accident" that gets rid of a major financial burden, with an added bonus of spite towards an estranged spouse. Add a boyfriend who seems to have a questionable past, and people are bound to speculate about possible motivations.

We ALL know natural gas is potentially dangerous. We read news stories every few weeks about gas explosions that destroy houses, businesses, or entire neighborhoods. I truly don't believe anyone actually meant to kill anyone else; I don't see deliberate murder here. At this point we can only speculate about whether this was an accident, or an act of spite or fraud that got way out of hand.

Ms. Shirley's lawyer's statements to the media suggest that he's hoping to lay the blame on the utility company. Is he attempting to divert attention away from his clients, or drumming up business for a bunch of lawsuits? Whatever his motivations are, he's acting more like an ambulance-chaser than a crusader for justice.

As for the other theories about a possible drone strike, meteor, satellite, missile, assassination, UFO, HAARP and other conspiracies, thanks for all the hard work, but I think the solution to this one is more easily explained -- a natural gas explosion, followed by a fire, that may or may not have benefited from human assistance. In any event, it was an accident -- either in its entirety, or as an unintended consequence of an ill-conceived plan by one or more people with greed or revenge on their minds.

I don't dunno...

...said, her voice breaking. "I don't know what happened. Somebody knew that I was out of town. I should have been there."

Somebody knew that I was out of town?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I questioned pages ago why the thread was moved. I guess to kill it. Hmmm...is ATS involved in the cover up? If so, "THEY" must really not wanting the info to get out.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by lspilot6946
I questioned pages ago why the thread was moved. I guess to kill it. Hmmm...is ATS involved in the cover up? If so, "THEY" must really not wanting the info to get out.

Well, I imagine since this is an open forum if someone simply asked a moderator, or perhaps they would simply rather volunteer the info. to avoid speculation since this was a pretty popular thread?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tallone

There was a story here folks. Apparently the real story, i.e. the cause, is not for Joe and Jayne public to know.

It's only been a week. Being thorough takes time.
More likely that Joe and Jayne's attention deficit disorder will make them forget about it before it's solved, then claim they were never told the solution. Not us of course..

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bodhi7
I didn't feel anything but i heard an extremely loud boom and i live about 15 - 20 minutes outside of Indy. I've had friends posting pictures on facebook of massive damage. I'll be heading up that way later today anyway, so i'll make sure to drive by the area and take some photos myself.

I live in Indianapolis, I do not have a TV and do not know the end result of what happened here but I can tell you i was out on my balcony when this happened having a cig. It sounded like a really far off gunshot. I am about 15 miles away. I can only imagine how loud it was there where it happened....

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
There is apparently a difference between detonation and explosion. Determining which happened, based on the characteristics recorded, could go some way to help determine cause. Can gas detonate? (yes, with conditions..)

Explosive materials may be categorized by the speed at which they expand. Materials that detonate (explode faster than the speed of sound) are said to be "high explosives" and materials that deflagrate are said to be "low explosives".
Detonation involves a supersonic exothermic front accelerating through a medium that eventually drives a shock front propagating directly in front of it. Detonations are observed in both conventional solid and liquid explosives,[1] as well as in reactive gases. The velocity of detonations in solid and liquid explosives is much higher than that in gaseous ones, which allows the wave system to be observed with greater detail (higher resolution).

Gaseous detonations normally occur in confined systems but are occasionally observed in large vapor clouds. They are often associated with a gaseous mixture of fuel and oxidant of a composition, somewhat below conventional flammability limits. There is an extraordinary variety of fuels that may be present as gases, as droplet fogs and as dust suspensions. Other materials, such as acetylene, ozone and hydrogen peroxide are detonable in the absence of oxygen, a more complete list is given by both Stull[2] and Bretherick.[3] Oxidants include halogens, ozone, hydrogen peroxide and oxides of nitrogen.

In terms of external damage, it is important to distinguish between detonations and deflagrations where the exothermic wave is subsonic and maximum pressures are at most a quarter[citation needed] of those generated by the former.

From wiki,

xplosive material

detonation

So how many sound recordings do we have, and can any define detonation definitely? (yay alliteration).
edit on 17-11-2012 by delusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

Originally posted by Tecumte

Originally posted by lspilot6946

Well, I imagine since this is an open forum if someone simply asked a moderator, or perhaps they would simply rather volunteer the info. to avoid speculation since this was a pretty popular thread?

Let's ask then.

Moderators, why has the thread been parked in 'The Gray Area: Personal Stories'?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by delusion

It's only been a week. Being thorough takes time.
More likely that Joe and Jayne's attention deficit disorder will make them forget about it before it's solved, then claim they were never told the solution. Not us of course..

A week is a lifetime for a thread sentenced shuffled off to the 'The Gray Area: Personal Stories'.
edit on 17-11-2012 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Let's ask then.

Moderators, why has the thread been parked in 'The Gray Area: Personal Stories'?

That does seem bizzare - it is a current event, not a subjective reminiscence of a fortean happening.
??

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be nice if the thread was tagged with by who and when it was moved...

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
Wouldn't it be nice if the thread was tagged with by who and when it was moved...

what happened? i just look on myats..

this is still unresolved as i know and in the last 24h took a hiatus. any update from anyone nearby of anything new? was anything taken out? is there any photo up close of the incident?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
No news on this at all (that I could find anyway) except a black cat that was caught up in the explosion has been reunited with it's "owners". So, no news.

Moderators: I respectfully request to know why this was moved into the "Gray Area".
This was a real event not a personal story.

Probably just a procedural thing y'all need to do @ ATS. But, it would help us out if we WHY it was moved. :0)

Thank you!

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nerdyclutzyblonde

My suspicion is that although it is something that happened and not a personal story, I think that because no one really knows what happened, and are therefore just speculating, that these speculations may be regarded as personal stories? Just a shot in the dark. I'd like to know why it was moved as well...

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Living here, I still find the whole thing bizarre. Just yesterday, the homeowners released a statement, asking all media to leave them alone and not ask anyone for an interview...and as I have gone through the pictures, and the news reports, there have been no helicopter shots or more up close than just the initial release...it smells

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Hmmmm, still no official word yet.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyntheticPerception
Forgive me.. must have missed something. I was following but missed a day.

When did this get moved into the gray area?

Also curious as to why? It happened yes?
An uninformed mod sent me a PM saying there was no news article in the OP. This thread was originally in Introductions due to not having enough posts and a mod moved it to current events because of the urgency of the situations so an exception was granted for the thread to be in that area. So like I said, uninformed mod, who I responded to, but also lazy as he didn't reply back.
edit on 17-11-2012 by Maskander because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Perhaps there are some tools in This Thread which may be utilized to get more answers from this story (the explosion itself, not the moving of the thread)?
I'm not trying to toot my own horn or anything; I've been compiling a list of resources which could be utilized for investigation into things like this, and since, after 100 pages, there have been no conclusive answers, I see it as a reasonable thing (that is, my directing people to this thread) to do. If this is not the case, my apologies.

In any case, perhaps this simulator could be of help (for those of you who do not believe the "gas explosion" story, and are suggesting it is something which came from above -- i.e. meteor, drone strike, plane, etc.) ----> Projectile Trajectory Simulation ---> an online simulation program.
edit on 17-11-2012 by anon4m05 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join