It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avatar Creations Logo Contest [UPDATED]

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Originally posted by Im a Marty

Entry 1

This is outstanding.

Thanks Texan
Much appreciated

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Entry Number 3:

Still animated, still transparent, and under 25kb. (24.29 kb, to be exact.)

I had to trim and trim and trim to get it to fit within that size limit. Whew!

Hope you like the concept, old retro text mixing with ATS avatars. If you do, I'll appreciate your Stars.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Love it!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JAK

Still working on this one

Just to make sure... I was wondering about the dimensions of the sigi/logo...

Signatures: GIF and JPEF file formats for any image with a maximum dimension of 500 pixels wide by 50 pixels tall. File size is not to exceed 25k, and animated GIF's are allowed.

from the OP... 500X55

Further parameters of the logo is that it must be no larger than 500 wide X 55 high.

Is it 50 or 55 tall?

Simon says 50...

ABOUT ATS: Avatar and Signature Guidelines

That was 10 years ago, but I wanted to ask to make sure there weren't any sigi updates since then. It doesn't appear that sigis were a part of the 2010 site update.

Just want to make sure the OP reflects the allowable dimensions to avoid confusion

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

It's 50 now, and has to be under 25k

We're dying to see what you come up with!!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Ah...OK. Thanks

I have it down to around 35k now. Getting closer, and learning more than I ever needed(wanted) to about color palettes and image compression.

I'm not giving up.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I am too, Chiten. He got a star from me for that .gif with the assembly building. That was awesome.

The size constraint forces everyone to be more creative. I'm pretty sure an animated logo is going to win. It's just a hunch. Who knows?

Anyhoo, I made a GIMP Tutorial thread, so all the Gimp users can either brush up on their skills or maybe input a Gimp technique.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I wish to express my apologies to everyone in the thread for giving the incorrect sizes for the signature banner/logo. I was under the impression that if the ATS system accepted it, it would be within the guidelines. This was an incorrect assumption. You may have noticed even my Avatar was too large in file size and was removed. I have reviewed the sizes both in dimensions and file size and this mistake will not be made again. Once more, I apologize for any frustration this may have caused.

Agarta

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

The OP has been amended

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

It's all good.

Glad to see you have an avatar again.

Happy Thanksgiving

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
I wish to express my apologies to everyone in the thread for giving the incorrect sizes for the signature banner/logo. I was under the impression that if the ATS system accepted it, it would be within the guidelines. This was an incorrect assumption. You may have noticed even my Avatar was too large in file size and was removed. I have reviewed the sizes both in dimensions and file size and this mistake will not be made again. Once more, I apologize for any frustration this may have caused.

Agarta

No problem my friend. It was an honest and common error that we were all in on

It's partly my fault for asking how the bar would be raised even further for us in our artistic growth in my bragging about the great quality of work done

Darn Karma bit me in the butt

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta

Agarta

Meh. That is nothing. Good to see you return.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Logo Entry #2

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

YES!!! Got it below 25!!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

(finally)

I don't think I could have relaxed over the holiday unless I got that off my plate

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop

(finally)

I don't think I could have relaxed over the holiday unless I got that off my plate

Glad you kept the same theme! It really is a great one

I'll check with DTOM, since it's amended, we'll figure out how to count the votes. We'll most likely go with whichever has the most of the two or something... Whatever DTOM thinks

...I'd like to just add the two, but not sure we can do that

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

No worries. It was more of a personal challenge for me to get it under 25k and it's a far cry from the original version.

I'd kind of feel like Lance Armstrong taking all those stars from my first entry

Just happy to be able to participate with all the talented folks here.

edit on 20-11-2012 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Regardless of the outcome, it was definitely my favorite!

.... must be that good lookin chiten you put at the end of it

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop

Logo Entry #2

I've made the executive decision that since it is a rework of the original, we'll take the highest of the votes on the two entries with the applied changes for the final product if it wins

Here's another option for the alterations as well

ETA:

I exported it and used the option for each frame to be replaced instead of building on the background and just duplicated the background (alternated between two to get the moving conveyor belt) each time. It enabled the size to be much smaller.

If you'd like to try that out and make other alterations, with your creative flair, you may be able to refine it even more yet have more frames

edit on 20-11-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
What will happen now if that design doesn't win?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join