It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PETA'S Dorkey; How would you feel if this was done at your child's school and your opinions in gen

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by magycpapyri
Freedom of speech is still thankfully allowed in the states, even though a mass majority may disagree with a said billboard, poster or ad. I'm still grateful we have that right to express our opinions, and when our children come asking about a certain billboard, we as parents can explain the reasons behind 'why this billboards says what it does'. I would much rather have the choice and teach options and scenarios on why someone said this or that, then to never have a choice at all.

Personally I think Peta went off the deep end with their off the wall advertising and extreme tactics years ago, I'm all for animals rights but if our lives were left up to them, I"m afraid we all would be starving and wearing clothes made of grass, or wait do they consider grass sacred too

Freedom to choose is definitely something that I do not want to lose. Teaching ourselves and our families is a much better choice.

I'm not sure if grass is considered sacred yet or not, probably so. Better not start making clothes out of grass just yet. Bring on the turkey!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
If God didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them taste so good

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

i know im going to be bashed for this.... but....

personally i dont care what or how the turkey's feel or think, its food..
if it was a pet it would be different, but being its food it gets a separate
category.

ok, let the bashing begin.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ireminisce

Oh wow! That looks good!!!!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GideonFaith

I know right? I put bacon in my mashed potatoes and deviled eggs on Thanksgiving, but I never thought of wrapping the turkey in it. I think home made bacon bits in the dressing would be pretty amazing too!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
One could say.....

1) Can't we all just eat peta's and get along?

or

2) Why don't we just eat the peta's and get rid of them?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

The government uses children everyday to promote and even mandate their brainwashing agenda in schools. Why not anyone else? Or is this enslaved priviledge relegated to the government only?

We are responding as though PETA is the first to do this when that is not the case. They are just more obvious about it. What concerns me more is what the governement is doing with our children via everything they control, which is almost everything!
edit on 14-11-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I know right? I put bacon in my mashed potatoes and deviled eggs on Thanksgiving, but I never thought of wrapping the turkey in it. I think home made bacon bits in the dressing would be pretty amazing too!

I thinking seriously about trying it. Loved the picture, it gives me more of an idea of how to wrap it. I think I may have to start a couple hours earlier to get it wrapped like this.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
One could say.....

1) Can't we all just eat peta's and get along?

or

2) Why don't we just eat the peta's and get rid of them?

Ok. I don't want to eat them. You can. Not to sure they would be tasty though.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Egyptia

The government uses children everyday to promote and even mandate their brainwashing agenda in schools. Why not anyone else? Or is this enslaved priviledge relegated to the government only?

We are responding as though PETA is the first to do this when that is not the case. They are just more obvious about it. What concerns me more is what the governement is doing with our children!
edit on 14-11-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

I will agree the government does the same, so does the television, radio, PeTA and many more. I will say this again, that first training starts at home. We have to teach them harder today, than we did on yesterday.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
These are the same morons who actually stood outside of elementary schools years ago passing out very graphic "comic" books titled "If your dad takes you fishing, you are murderers." or, "If your mom cooks chicken, she's a murderer." They target the impressionable minds of our young children. Damnit, if I want to fish with my kids, or my wife wants to fry up some chicken, it's none of their damn business. I know it's free speech and all, but let me catch them #ing with my kid's heads. I'll shove a triple cheeseburger down their skinny, malnourished, insane throats. P.E.T.A. should stand for, People Eating Tasty Animals.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
pita's are sissys!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
ya know, i can honestly say i have never seen
peta here in montana, nor have i seen anyone
supporting them by wearing their shirt's or
even seriously discussing them other than as
a joke.

I dont see any peta memeber lasting to long up here,
before someone scares the crap out of them and
makes them leave.

Some of the stories about montana are true. In many
ways its still the old day's here.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

Same goes here in Texas. I've never seen anyone from PeTA either. If they were messing with a school I'm sure things would get messy. Our whole town protested with signs and painted their cars up because someone complained about the cheerleaders painting bible verses on football signs. Some one even paid for their lawyer and they won.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpacebumZaphod
These are the same morons who actually stood outside of elementary schools years ago passing out very graphic "comic" books titled "If your dad takes you fishing, you are murderers." or, "If your mom cooks chicken, she's a murderer." They target the impressionable minds of our young children. Damnit, if I want to fish with my kids, or my wife wants to fry up some chicken, it's none of their damn business. I know it's free speech and all, but let me catch them #ing with my kid's heads. I'll shove a triple cheeseburger down their skinny, malnourished, insane throats. P.E.T.A. should stand for, People Eating Tasty Animals.

Wow! Didn't know they passed out comic books. I will take mine fishing, hunting, even slaughtering here our own chickens and cook any meat when I get ready too.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
ya know, i can honestly say i have never seen
peta here in montana, nor have i seen anyone
supporting them by wearing their shirt's or
even seriously discussing them other than as
a joke.

I dont see any peta memeber lasting to long up here,
before someone scares the crap out of them and
makes them leave.

Some of the stories about montana are true. In many
ways its still the old day's here.

I don't live in Montana, but South Carolina wouldn't be a good place to be a PeTA either.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I swear I did not show this to my 5 yr. old son and this morning he said

"Mommy, I can't wait to eat turkey on Thanksgiving!"

Then...

"I want a pet turkey! Turkeys are silly, they go gobble gobble wobble wobble!"

I couldn't help but think of this thread!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I swear I did not show this to my 5 yr. old son and this morning he said

"Mommy, I can't wait to eat turkey on Thanksgiving!"

Then...

"I want a pet turkey! Turkeys are silly, they go gobble gobble wobble wobble!"

I couldn't help but think of this thread!

That is cute.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I remember one of my mom's cousins taught me how to gut, skin, and butcher for cooking a rabbit he had raised. My mom doesn't eat rabbit but she breaded it and cooked it for her at the time 12 and 11 year old sons to eat. It was yummy.

On the other hand, I have an aunt who will not eat the chickens that my uncle raises or even the eggs. Don't know why, doesn't make sense as she's not vegan and will eat store bought meat.

PETA is an organization that lacks any class at all. I'm glad they posted that sign, and someone posted it here. It has reminded me that I need to teach my children where meat comes from. It teaches a level of respect for nature and the cycle of life that you just can't learn in an urban area. My neighbor has a couple of chickens that he's going to eventually eat.

I'm thinking my 7 year old daughter might be old enough to see a chicken slaughtered. I was probably around that old when I saw my first chicken, rabbit, and dear processed. She's already seen fish gutted and scaled. Any thoughts on that?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join