States petitioning to secede from union

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
This could become serious as people are really getting fed up with the Federal government abuse.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Texas already has nearly 9,000 signatures after just over a day. 16,000 more required. It's a done deal IMO.
edit on 11-11-2012 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Signed the Texas one.

I would be damned proud of my state if we actually did this.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Same here brother.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59
I know this is very difficult for many to grasp but these people do not wish to part with the United States of America. It is the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA whom they wish to give the slip. Big difference!

Yeah - a caps lock key.

Oh dear...

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by ajay59
I know this is very difficult for many to grasp but these people do not wish to part with the United States of America. It is the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA whom they wish to give the slip. Big difference!

Yeah - a caps lock key.

Oh dear...

Believe it or not, there were no caps keys harmed in the making of said post!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
A little more than 11,000 signatures in such a short amount of time.

So who runs the show if Texas secedes?
Would the powers of the governor increase?
Surely someone has answers to these questions before you start waving the Texas flag..

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I really think it would be a good idea for people upset at Liberalism and Obama to have their "own place." It would provide an outlet for people worried about losing guns, godlessness, and Communism.

Let everyone who wants to move to this Liberty City. And when their idea of NO TAXES and "let companies solve everything" ends up with them buying air and water from one company and the poor eating each other. They'll either beg to come back, or the problem will be self limiting.

As long as they don't have nukes or a large military to plunder others, it should be a quick experiment. I'm not sure if people will learn a lesson from this -- the people who learn from mistakes wouldn't be trying to secede in the first place. They'll lose their Government subsidies that allow them to complain about big government.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasonicFantom
Texas already has nearly 9,000 signatures after just over a day. 16,000 more required. It's a done deal IMO.

Wait what? There are millions of people in Texas -- how could 25,000 people decide such a momentous thing?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

Hey, you're right, let's just keep going down this road we're on and not try anything. It's wonderful.

Personally, I rather be poor and struggling due to my own decisions than be poor and struggling due to the will of someone else. Then again, I don't have as much pessimism towards fellow humans and what they're capable of when they're empowered and awakened from a lifelong stupor.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst

Wait what? There are millions of people in Texas -- how could 25,000 people decide such a momentous thing?

A petition is just a request, in this case it's for a serious look at succession. Usually you acquire a certain amount of signatures on the petition and then it goes into the form of a bill and then people have to vote on it. Some states I don't see this working in, even if the petition passes. With Texas I definitely can see it happening tho.

Then again, electronic voter fraud is always on the table with the Federal Gov.

ETA petitions.whitehouse.gov...
Correction in my earlier statement. It's 12,000 signatures after 2 days.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
This is Texas you are talking about, when it comes to voter fraud Lyndon B. Johnson wrote the book on it.

But hey enjoy your pipe dream

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
See ya!

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out....

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
pffft, what kind of governor good hair fantasy is this crap about?

Yeah right.

I'm sure he'd love to be King of Texas, no thanks. Ron Paul made him look like a fool.

Exactly, just cause a few folks have delusional fantasies doesn't mean the rest of us do.
edit on 11-11-2012 by Komonazmuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Then again, electronic voter fraud is always on the table with the Federal Gov.

ETA petitions.whitehouse.gov...
Correction in my earlier statement. It's 12,000 signatures after 2 days.

Speaking of those 2 things - quite a lot of peole "signing" the petition admit to being from Texas even!!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I'm very disappointed with many posts in this thread. Some shame needs to be dished out in earnest.

Not only are some Americans here fearful of imagining true independence, with some even saying it's impossible to have a life without their nanny state, but the mere act of taking a few minutes out of your day to sign a petition, which at best will succeed and at worst will be a national symbolic gesture against the federal government, is too much work for you? And some even mock those who sign it and are willing to risk taking control of their own destiny.... You want things fixed without doing any work or trying new solutions, since the old have failed a thousand times over. You want handouts and even get upset at your fellow man for trying to stop the train from careening off the cliff.

You're just a lethargic jellyfish who was robbed of his individual spirit...or you never even knew what your spirit was to begin with. Makes me sick. You whine about being thought of as a "useless feeder" by the elite...yet that's the only role you know how to play it seems.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
And it's not like there wouldn't be government. The states will have their own government and people will be more responsible and accountable. It's a great idea. However, if this petition succeeds, Texas is maybe the best state I see that can take it from theory to actuality.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

And it's not like there wouldn't be government. The states will have their own government and people will be more responsible and accountable. It's a great idea. However, if this petition succeeds, Texas is maybe the best state I see that can take it from theory to actuality.

Hope you love Mexico

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komonazmuk

Hope you love Mexico

Hope you love China.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komonazmuk

Hope you love Mexico

Hope you love China.

-says the guy with the anime avatar-

? Are we not talking about Texas succeeding? Do you realize this country is at our border?

Weak retort my fellow Texan, I'd expect better.

And considering roughly 34% of our exports go to Mexico, you'd think this would increase if such were to happen. China? 5.5%
edit on 11-11-2012 by Komonazmuk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join