It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

States petitioning to secede from union

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
To the People who want to Secede from the Union:

You're welcome to leave.
No, you can't take a State with you when you go.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I for one would like to see when and if we the human race as a whole break or chains of bondage, the ones who bound us wear our chains for a while! I do not mean this in a vengeful way but for educational purposes for them.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This is actually hilarious to me. You do realize that the person who started the Louisiana petition is a restaurant owner and not a politician. Right?

And the idea that a few thousand signatures on a petition from a state that has millions of residents would actually matter for anything at all is laughable. There is never going to be any across the board support in any state for anything close to secession. It just won't happen.

Well, unless you took the 1% who think in these terms and moved them all to a single, small state... Then they might have a fighting chance of starting their own second world banana Republic.

It's been said before, more than one time... If these "freedom loving" people truly want to live in a place where individual power and merit is the only aspect of society they wish to recognize... Well most of Eastern and central Africa already has that sort of social Darwinism happening. Load up the guns and take over Liberia.

~Heff
edit on 11/11/12 by Hefficide because: typo

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
AFAIK any secession would not be somethign the "Obama administration" (which is who it is requested from) could actually grant anyway is it - it is not a Presidential perogative?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
So can I interpret your remarks as: It was only a mere peasant therefore a joke? If this is way off base, please excuse me but the two look very similar to me.
edit on 11-11-2012 by ajay59 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
This is nothing new.

A group of political outliers want to make a statement, round up enough like-minded individuals to sign a petition, send it to the Congress, get a little face time because its an extremely radical position to take and thats it. Vermont or Delaware (i honestly can't remember which) has a group that pulls this stunt all the time as a means of protest. All in all it is not even publication worthy.

edit on 11-11-2012 by Cypress because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
AFAIK any secession would not be somethign the "Obama administration" (which is who it is requested from) could actually grant anyway is it - it is not a Presidential perogative?

Actually no they cannot secede, no matter how much they may want to. This issue was already decided but of course the backwards thinking South just can't seem to escape yesterday.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

Actually there is no reason to secede. The states gave authority to the federal government and have always had the right and the authority to take it back. The ability to govern is given by consent of the governed and the governed can always revoke that consent.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59
So can I interpret your remarks as: It was only a mere peasant therefore a joke? If this is way off base, please excuse me but the two look very similar to me.

If this was in response to me saying that the guy is not a politician. It has nothing at all to do with peasantry. What I mean is that he's just a guy - not a spokesperson for a broader base. He's not a community leader. I would suspect that he's probably one of those folks who makes about $250,000.00 per year and is now ready to start a civil war because he might have to give up one of his jet skis or some such.

It's like this. I live in Georgia. If I write a letter to the Chinese government declaring war upon them - I might actually get a few thousand people to agree with me and to sign onto that letter... but the letter carries no weight or authority. I cannot declare war on another nation because I am not "the people". I am a person. My voice matters only insomuch as others voices also do. Only when a majority share the same voice, in our society, do their words take on the power of "We, The People". I'm entitled to my opinion, but I have no right, at all, to impose that opinion upon others.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jcarpenter

I don't know jack about WND but the "birther" issue is real enough.

Uh, no, it's not. Obama has proven beyond all reasonable doubt that he was born in Hawaii and therefore eligible for the office he holds. There is no ifs and's or butts about it. It's been settled.

WND is a site that caters to the far right, the WAY far right. They are of course protected under the same 1st Amendment that same far right would remove from others so they have the freedom to say whatever they like.

Personally I really wish that those states would leave the union. I would wish them a fond farewell and work like hell to make sure that the United States and it's allies in the world never traded with them for anything. I would want every single tax dollar they ever spent returned to pay help pay off the debt. I would want all US Government owned items immediately removed. and I would also like to see that no person from those places were ever allowed on US soil again.

USA, love it or leave it as the phrase goes.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
The thing is, if you want to mount the soap box amid the screaming masses, what better way to get their attention than to light off a cherry bomb. I see this as a way to pull the hypnotized zombies from their "reality" show!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Heff is absolutely right on this. I would also like to point out that the total of all those who have signed on to that petition do not even amount to half the population of most midsize counties. Maybe they can all find a small island somewhere and in act their own version of lord of the flies.

This happens every election when one side is pissed the other one won. It’s fun to talk about but it is so far out of the realm of reality there is no need to take it serious.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
Heff is absolutely right on this. I would also like to point out that the total of all those who have signed on to that petition do not even amount to half the population of most midsize counties. Maybe they can all find a small island somewhere and in act their own version of lord of the flies.

This happens every election when one side is pissed the other one won. It’s fun to talk about but it is so far out of the realm of reality there is no need to take it serious.

Yes! I see it so clearly now! Move along surfs, nothing to see here. Your behinds are owned and there is nothing you can do about it!

Just to add; The only sides there are would be right and wrong, dark and light. These are the sides to choose from.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
This article is from WND. The same people that constantly perpetrate the Birther bull, so I am less than confident that it's real.

Frankly I wouldn't mind if a few states left the union. Most of the states that seem to want to do this are a huge drain on taxpayer money anyway. So let them leave. And make sure that any people wishing to leave along with them are allowed. Of course never to return.

Then we just don't trade with the states that left the union.

Amen to that! Those that want to secede are nuts. Once they lose support from the federal government, they would be begging to come back. Good riddance!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
Another distraction.

This is what they do to coast for the next 4 years and not get anything done.

Oh no.... we can't agree to provide relief for 9/11 workers, pass a stimulus package or immigration reform....we're busy seceding. Smoke and mirrors. Are they forgetting Obama isn't going to be President after 4 years. Boy, these are some far sighted individuals, eh? I mean if tomorrow is a long way off.

Obama is just the latest miscreant in a very long line of miscreants.

When his term is up, America will continue illegal conquest by the sword while destroying all liberties at home. Foreign nations will be shattered and civilians will be murdered without rhyme or reason. The crimes against humanity will continue as will trafficking in the contraband of the minute (drugs, weapons, nuclear, et. al.).

This nation is run by criminals and it has become irretrievably broken. Best to put the remains of this 3rd-world-sh__hole in the dustpan while we still some semblance of our lives and property.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
So apparently some of you think that the states wanting to secede haven't already considered losing that federal money? Lol. As if Someone there hasn't thought of that yet???? Hahaha. Wow.

Yes, let's not try to do anything at all ever.

Someone mentioned that the states can revoke the federal authority, sounds good, but how is it done without secession?

I also wonder about that because we hear of stories where the feds come and override a states decision, a prime example of this are the marijuana laws.

Eta: it's necessary that I mention that I don't think anything will come of this because real change is a fantasy and never actually happens.

:/
edit on 11-11-2012 by LightWarrior11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Uh, no, it's not. Obama has proven beyond all reasonable doubt that he was born in Hawaii and therefore eligible for the office he holds. There is no ifs and's or butts about it. It's been settled.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio, Susan Daniels and others disagree.

I understand your misunderstanding because we have not had an independent, free press in a very long time. They are giving this POS joker a free pass because he's black (well .... half-black anyway). If he were Caucasian, we'd be watching his televised impeachment/trial right now.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
If Texas leaves the Union, that means the Tar Sands Pipeline is dead.

Texas also has water problems, so if the Union were to dam the rivers and streams feeding into Texas, Texas would be SOL. (EG you can't eat oil.) Then there is the whole borders issue. All the money that keeps the Cartel from overrunning into Texas goes away, leaving the boarders wide open. Lets see, biggest port, ok, your economy means getting those goods into the Union, which means the tariffs of the boarders coming out of Texas are going to be huge. Airports, same issues, except now, instead of just the TSA going to Texas causing problems you likely have customs issues going out. Not to mention The USA isn't likely to ship you any new fuel for the reactors in Texas, so there goes a lot of your power, but that's ok, Texas won't have any EPA so the kids there can drink fouled/poisoned water and breath filthy air.

With out going into the social/religious aspects of all the worst kinds coming back into vogue....

I'd give the odds of Texas surviving the succession, as marginal at best.

M.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
because they lost an election they

are talking secession?

big babies.

sorry you can't take your ball & go home..

we suffered Reagan, two Bushes thats 20 years Republican.. to a 8 year Clinton..

we just waited & voted..

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcarpenter

Sheriff Joe Arpaio, Susan Daniels and others disagree.

and they are entitled to be as wrong as they like.

Doesn't change a thing.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join