It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

States petitioning to secede from union

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
They should kick out the liberals and reinstate slavery

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thepump

I would think that there would be much disagreement from the majority,including me,on your statement.
edit on 10-11-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
In actuality,it is not states that are seeking secession,but a number of groups that are seeking it.

I,for one am in favor of the Conch Republic.

io9.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

This just goes to show racism is alive and well in this country.

As far as those states leaving the union it would be fine by me the only problem would be they wouldn’t survive. If they did I can picture them devolving into a version of deliverance within a few years especially after a hurricane comes through and there wouldn’t be any federal money to help them rebuild.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
So far 10 states have petitions going at WhiteHouse.gov to secede.

petitions.whitehouse.gov...

Next thing you know they will take the webpage down.

Louisiana has 7,125 at the moment.

When I say "states" I am referring to "we the people" as the webpage states - not the state governments.

edit on 11/10/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

I just went to the site in your link and the count is now up to 14 states requesting to leave the union.

When it was just a couple of states it was just interesting. Now it is becoming scary. But yet, if it brings about some real changes in the U S government it might serve a positive purpose after all.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Maybe this article from Dec 2008 has more "truth" than many might think....

In Moscow, Igor Panarin's Forecasts Are All the Rage; America 'Disintegrates' in 2010

MOSCOW -- For a decade, Russian academic Igor Panarin has been predicting the U.S. will fall apart in 2010. For most of that time, he admits, few took his argument -- that an economic and moral collapse will trigger a civil war and the eventual breakup of the U.S. -- very seriously. Now he's found an eager audience: Russian state media.
[Prof. Panarin]

In recent weeks, he's been interviewed as much as twice a day about his predictions. "It's a record," says Prof. Panarin. "But I think the attention is going to grow even stronger."

Prof. Panarin, 50 years old, is not a fringe figure. A former KGB analyst, he is dean of the Russian Foreign Ministry's academy for future diplomats. He is invited to Kremlin receptions, lectures students, publishes books, and appears in the media as an expert on U.S.-Russia relations. .......................

As if Things Weren't Bad Enough, Russian Professor Predicts End of U.S.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I don't see this as a big deal. So some random Guy online petitions, and a few hundred sign it. That is not even a small town. This is not an organized group or effort, just some dumdass. If the elected did it because there was a real concern then maybe. This is bull crap. Moving on.

Why is it everyone is asking if the US will break up, or if it is descending into chaos, what ever nonsense. No world we are not. If you want a piece of the US or want to see us down and out you are going to have to do it the old fashioned way. Your self.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I posted this link in another similar thread. It's about Texas and their wanting to secede. Thing is, the Texas Nationalists have been at it for years. This isn't some guy on the internet making a petition that won't go anywhere. Here's the link for you to read:

Texas Secede FAQ

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Hopefully Mississppi and Alabama join that list ....

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

Texas has been going on about this for more than a few years. Since the civil war actually, and it is all people who are not very grounded in reality. The vast majority of Texans do not want this.

I have had extensive conversations with Texans about it. It is an identity issue, but they consider themselves to be American. They are happy with their flag and their lone star state identity. They do not want to actually go it alone.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

This article is from WND. The same people that constantly perpetrate the Birther bull, so I am less than confident that it's real.

Perhaps you should do some homework before blanket discrediting WND. A simple search gets you to the White House.gov site petitions.whitehouse.gov...
I think anyone can petition the white house for anything.. It's just.... well, good luck with that!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
If all 28 states vote to secede then nobody has to do anything. They can just stay where they are and say we're a country too, like The United States of Another Dimension.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I saw this yesterday and some friends and I talked about it. Even if they had an overwhelming majority of the citizens of the state sign their states petition, here in Mississippi as well as other southern states, it will not work.

Here is why:

Article 3, Section 7. Secession prohibited.

The right to withdraw from the Federal Union on account of any real or supposed grievance, shall never be assumed by this state, nor shall any law be passed in derogation of the paramount allegiance of the citizens of this state to the government of the United States.

SOURCES: 1869 art I § 20.
www.mscode.com...

If my memory serves me correctly any state that seceded had to include a clause in the constitution to prohibit it. In my opinion the only state that could do so would be Texas.

Now on the other hand if the citizens of Mississippi passed a ballot initiative removing article 3 section 7. Then voted to secede, then it may be possible, but only if other states like LA, and TX as well as all the bordering states joined in at the same time.

edit on 11-11-2012 by SWCCFAN because: add more info

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Americans still are slaves, wage slaves, debt slaves, political slaves. Slaves to the TV.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

There was the King's law to prevent us from breaking away from England too. But we did it anyway. If the situation warrants it constitutions can be amended, or totally ignored, if need be. After all, if the federal government can trash our United States Constitution for an evil cause why can't we trash our individual state constitutions for a good cause? For those who missed it, there has been talk of secession popping up all around the country long before this post election week. But, constitutionally, I did read where Texas was the only state to be allowed the right to secede when they joined the union.

Here is an interesting article written on April 20, 2009 - Why Texas will (Eventually) Secede From the Union

Here is a short excerpt...

It’s not just Texas, either…

This whole discussion isn’t limited to Texas, of course. Forces of independence are rallying in many states: Oregon, Vermont, California, Hawaii and even Alaska. Texas may be the first to secede from the Union, but by no means will it be the last.

That’s because the desire to live as free people in a free land is universal. And when people feel oppressed, exploited, and even terrorized by their own government, it all eventually leads to the same thing: REVOLUTION.

So, as you can see, the idea of secession is nowhere close to new.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

I understand that. However in today's world unless you have the resources to be on your own its a lost cause.

I would rather see the states Nullify the overreaching authority that the FEDS have taken. and reduce the size and scope of the federal government.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
This isn't about the "states" doing anything. This is about a couple of wack-jobs within a state starting a petition.

Frankly, if you divide the country along party lines, the red team immediately drops below Venezuela, based on GDP, while the blue team holds its current position. That should give you an idea how deeply stupid this entire concept is.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
These petitions are made by individuals - not the governments of those states. They are laughable because the state governments have nothing to do with them at all.

I can make a petition for Dictator Obama to get on national TV, state that everything he has said and done has been a lie, that he's a Communist and has cheated on Michelle with Hillary And George Soros ( at the same time) and that he was not only born in Kenya but he hopes to make Kenya the 51st state ( for his mother) all while standing oh his head wearing a pink and black poka dot tutu - I bet it would get the needed 25,000 signatures. The white house would be under no obligation to allow this, only promise that someone will read the petition - then they can simply answer with a No.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Economically unsound imho, but I'd say "let them"

If they feel no longer at home in the USA in it's current shape, it would be better if they could do things like they want. That would álso be "freedom"

Feels like a hoax that got whipped-up after the shock of the elections, though.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join