It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
[/1) Exxon Mobil made $19 billion in profits in 2009. Exxon not only paid no federal income taxes, it actually received a $156 million rebate from the IRS, according to its SEC filing
Bank of America received a $1.9 billion tax refund from the IRS last year, although it made $4.4 billion in profits and received a bailout from the Federal Reserve and the Treasury Department of nearly $1 trillion.
3) Over the past five years, while General Electric made $26 billion in profits in the United States, it received a $4.1 billion refund from the IRS.
4) Chevron received a $19 million refund from the IRS last year after it made $10 billion in profits in 2009.
5) Boeing, which received a $30 billion contract from the Pentagon to build 179 airborne tankers, got a $124 million refund from the IRS last year.
6) Valero Energy, the 25th largest company in America with $68 billion in sales last year received a $157 million tax refund check from the IRS and, over the past three years, it received a $134 million tax break from the oil and gas manufacturing tax deduction.
7) Goldman Sachs in 2008 only paid 1.1 percent of its income in taxes even though it earned a profit of $2.3 billion and received an almost $800 billion from the Federal Reserve and U.S. Treasury Department.
8) Citigroup last year made more than $4 billion in profits but paid no federal income taxes. It received a $2.5 trillion bailout from the Federal Reserve and U.S. Treasury.
9) ConocoPhillips, the fifth largest oil company in the United States, made $16 billion in profits from 2007 through 2009, but received $451 million in tax breaks through the oil and gas manufacturing deduction.
10) Over the past five years, Carnival Cruise Lines made more than $11 billion in profits, but its federal income tax rate during those years was just 1.1 percent. ex]
Originally posted by Rezlooper
reply to post by PurpleChiten
Obama's record speaks for itself. He's slowly been moving our country towards socialism, but now that he's been re-elected we'll see him stepping on the gas, after all, he only has four years. Obama was mentored by the card-carrying Communist Party member Frank Marshall Davis from the age of ten into his teen years. His father, BO senior and his Kenyan friends, were all anti-colonialists. BO sr. actually said that you could tax a people 100% as long as you provided them all the services they need. Like father like son!
Originally posted by VforVendettea
How many states at this point want to leave the union?
In 1863 it didn't go over so well but if all 50 want to leave I don't think DC can do much about it.
I don't see a downside to leaving as Calif is a pretty large state.edit on 16-11-2012 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)