It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

States petitioning to secede from union

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Please read the following thread that I posted last week (I think) regarding this..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This was an email circulated following a conversation regarding a top secret report on what will happen once the SHTF regarding global economic collapse, it's right there, the states of America will be divided up! Many of you may not have got the email, I did because of where I work and who I know that monitors communications such as these. I have it on good authority that this email is authentic and so the details contained within, although not necessarily indepth, still detail an outline of what is going to happen.
edit on 12-11-2012 by SecretFace because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-11-2012 by SecretFace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

FYI - The thread title was a copy and paste from one of the articles on the subject.

If you cut and pasted a lie, then its still a lie, and you are perpetuating it. That is exactly what I am arguing against.

Look at the Romney Campaign, they read the reports that Obama had not called the Bengazi attack a terrorist attack. A headline lie that started on some vile propaganda lie factory and picked up by every cut and paste 'commenter' with an anti-Obama bias, repeated endlessly by Faux Noose, and took on a life of its own. Romney was so insulated from the real world that that is the only thing he heard about the subject for weeks; and he believed it.

And then he shot himself in the foot with it during the debate.

Cutting and pasting a lie is lazy, incompetent, intellectually dishonest, and a lie. If you read the article, then you knew it was a lie, and proceeded to knowingly repeat that lie. If you didn't read the article, then that is a worse lie.

A single lie destroys a whole reputation for integrity. (Baltasar Gracian quotes)

You want to discuss secession, then discuss secession, no problem. Discuss away. Just don't lie about what States are or are not doing about it. A random guy on the internet is not a State.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
The OP's post is not true, misleading and the title should be edited as "Some individuals logged into the White House website attempting to start petitions in their states to secede from the union."

What part of accuracy do you not understand?

edit on 12-11-2012 by charlyv because: spelling where caught

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
The fact that it was not the states that were petitioning was established early in the thread and you would have known that if either of you actually read the thread instead of looking for a way to use the typical left wing liberal tactic of attacking the person instead of the argument. And, as you so falsely, claim, I didn't deliberately post a lie. I didn't know it wasn't the states petitioning until well into the post. Besides, even if I wanted to change the title have you not heard of the 4 hour editing limit. But you are welcome to keep up your personal attacks all you want It says more about you than it does about me. In fact it screams TROLL.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

I was so scared there for a nano-second. Then I read the article past the first paragraph to find that you are scaring people for no good reason. Why are you doing this? Is it so hard to accept that you belong to a country with many opinions different from your own? What are you trying to say and why not just say it?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst

Originally posted by MasonicFantom
Texas already has nearly 9,000 signatures after just over a day. 16,000 more required. It's a done deal IMO.
edit on 11-11-2012 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

Wait what? There are millions of people in Texas -- how could 25,000 people decide such a momentous thing?

Exactly. This petition and the rest mean jack squat even with the required amount of sigs.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I guess many people haven't actually read either the petition or the current laws.
The petition is asking Obama to allow these states to leave the United States. There is no way he will even consider this.
Also, according to the Supreme Court, states aren't even allowed to leave the United States. Please research Texas v White.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
A little history lesson from Dr. Ron Paul about seccession, its benefits, its history as a basic American right, the myth created by the Civil War. Take a look and discuss.
www.youtube.com...#!
edit on 12-11-2012 by BrieBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrieBird
A little history lesson from Dr. Ron Paul about seccession, its benefits, its history as a basic American right, the myth created by the Civil War. Take a look and discuss.
www.youtube.com...#!
edit on 12-11-2012 by BrieBird because: (no reason given)

Thank you Briebird, that should give the trolls something to chew on other than me for a while.
That is if they even bother looking at it. And BTW, even though the current batch of petitions are not coming from the state governments the possibility of secession HAS BEEN mentioned by the politicians of several states in response to the federal governments total lack of fiscal responsibility and trashing of the constitution.

Now correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't collecting enough signatures on a petition force the government to at least answer to the petition even if the answer is no freaking way. And wouldn't a successful petition also make it mandatory for the state involved to respond as well, and maybe even have to bring it to the floor of the states congress for consideration even if they also say no.

edit on 12-11-2012 by happykat39 because: typo and syntax correction

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Absolutely it does and should be taken seriously by people. This could be a way to finally get moving in the right direction, imagine if the oil producing states were actually able to utilize it and distribute it as they please, or even what that could mean for states that want marijuana legal, or gmo food labeled, or even socialized medicine, education, ect ect. It would create a nesting ground to test these out without being restricted by our overbearing federal government! I think this is a great idea I have always been a huge supporter of states rights and against American imperialism abroad. The federal government no longer represents the people I know everyone says that Obama won the popular vote but in reality he only won 22% of the population of eligible voters. Something like 240,000,000 elible voters in the U.S 59 mil went to Obama and 57 went to romney so a little over half of the population didn't even vote...to me that says a lot.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Not that hard to figure out if alot of people sign this petition and the movement takes off then it can become a real process that is not illegal then it could happen.The people actually doing this are human beings with real emotions and real feelings.Have to get alot of support for something like this to advance.
edit on 12-11-2012 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Jobeycool

I urge everyone to sign it and show that we are fed up with the current two party system. The corporate government machine has gotten out of control its time to take the power back to the citizens and start solving some real problems. America has long been the example of democracy in the world! lets show them how it is done and say no to big government, take back our civil liberties, show the world we do not support American imperialism or illegal drone wars, and be the change the world needs. It can happen and it can be done peacefully. Stop war, stop modern imperialization, demonstrate peace and freedom and do that by taking a stand for your natural rights.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
reply to post by jcarpenter

I don't know jack about WND but the "birther" issue is real enough.

Uh, no, it's not. Obama has proven beyond all reasonable doubt that he was born in Hawaii and therefore eligible for the office he holds. There is no ifs and's or butts about it. It's been settled.

WND is a site that caters to the far right, the WAY far right. They are of course protected under the same 1st Amendment that same far right would remove from others so they have the freedom to say whatever they like.

Personally I really wish that those states would leave the union. I would wish them a fond farewell and work like hell to make sure that the United States and it's allies in the world never traded with them for anything. I would want every single tax dollar they ever spent returned to pay help pay off the debt. I would want all US Government owned items immediately removed. and I would also like to see that no person from those places were ever allowed on US soil again.

USA, love it or leave it as the phrase goes.

The USA I love isn't the same USA you love. Two different nations now. We're too divided and we see two totally different America's in the future.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thepump
They should kick out the liberals and reinstate slavery

You and you're family should become the first slaves in this new twisted land you are hoping for. Good luck getting anyone to fight for your freedom since all the liberals were evicted too.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Now correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't collecting enough signatures on a petition force the government to at least answer to the petition even if the answer is no freaking way.

The White House web site says it will respond to a petition that gets 25,000 signatures in some time limit. It is not an 'official' way of establishing what the Government must or must not do. It is an attempt to streamline the process of thousands of people writing the President that "something should be done about x".

Odds are that the response will be a polite letter that says to the effect "Thanks for your input. Your idea is interesting but not very practical. Thanks again for being interested in the way your Government works." It might even go through a few bullet points about how the administration is working to encourage jobs Louisiana and the rebuilding in New Orleans.

And wouldn't a successful petition also make it mandatory for the state involved to respond as well, and maybe even have to bring it to the floor of the states congress for consideration even if they also say no.

The petition has nothing to do with the State at all. There is nothing about it that makes it mandatory for the State or the White House to respond in anyway what so ever. The White House has promised to respond if the threshold is crossed, it doesn't guarantee any action on the petition topic.

Why would the State be under any obligation to respond to a petition to the White House?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
What a hoot!

Point out that these petitions are totally spurious and have no weight, under law, whatsoever... and the response is a barrage of "sheeple" and "commie" ad homs... a cavalcade of "You don't love freedom if you aren't down with secession..." statements.

The fact of the matter is that I do love freedom. I love it enough to take responsibility for my community and for the other people who enjoy their freedoms as well. I love it enough to ride out the storm, instead of seeking to abandon the ship the second rough waters come along.

What part of "the will of the people" is not clear? America voted for the values we believe in. The Democratic party won this cycle not because Obama is hip, or black, or the antichrist, or because we have a welfare state where everybody is willing to sell their souls for 300 free cellular minutes each month. He won because the Republican platform was undesirable to the majority of Americans Plain and simple. The right gave their ultimatum - they fielded a candidate with their message... and he lost - fair and square.

We don't want an Oligarchy where the "job creators" are our Gods and the poor are left to die. Deal with it.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Well, seems like Texas is at 19,157 signatures already. As for the other states i don't think they have much chance of succeeding as they have no military.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

He won because the Republican platform was undesirable to the majority of Americans

Couldn't have said it better myself. Why is this so difficult for people to understand?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by otherpotato
reply to post by Hefficide

He won because the Republican platform was undesirable to the majority of Americans

Couldn't have said it better myself. Why is this so difficult for people to understand?

True that. I am a staunch republican and conservative (even though neither party is worth a pitcher of warm spit any longer) and I thought that the republicans blew it big time and snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join