It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Weeks later.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I joined ATS two weeks ago after lurking for 8 years or more.
I don't feel confident about posting, I hope this will get better soon.

My name LEL = Little English Lady, I had to add on 01 because I couldn't have a three letter name.

I have always believed in aliens but don't want to be fooled by hoaxers and fakes, the sceptics help to keep my feet on the ground.
Thank you sceptics.

This post seemed to be so much more while it was just in my head, so hi to all of you.

JAK

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Hi LEL01 and welcome to ATS.

Lurking for 8 years or more, I'm sure that's a record. Glad you finally took the plunge.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Welcome and here's a quote to think about "Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious" Oscar Wilde

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LEL01

Warm Welcome to the ATS Family...hope you find the answers you are looking for...

Des

link   
Hi , and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

General ATS Discussion Etiquette.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take some time to look around and orient yourself.

Don't be hesitant in posting, everybody's opinion here is valuable so long as it's done with respect and within the T&C's listed above of course.

Enjoy your stay, hope to see you active on the boards!

~Tenth
ATS Moderator

link   
reply to post by JAK

Thanks JAK, I thought about joining often but there are times when this place looks scary but not always.

link   
Hi LEL01
.....we can be new posters together. (waving)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LEL01

Howdy!

Glad you finally ante'd up and look forward to your contribution to the site; no need to be nervous about posting, we don't bite for the most part. Like yourself i lurked for many years (not eight though!) before joining the discussion and it has been a great experience so far!

Cheers and welcome!

edit: And welcome mindq you got a flag from me in your thread.
edit on 11/10/12 by soulshn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Many thanks Soulshn! My very first flag!!!
)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Thanks everyone, Ill be thinking about that quote and if anyone has the answers it's ATS, I know that after lurking so long. I'm off to check out how much better mindq did Than me.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
hi LEL.
its not unusual to feel self conscious about posting .
anyway, nice to meet you...

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Welcome LEL! Best of luck on your ATS journey. Your voice and confidence will grow as you get more comfortable with ATS. Don't hesitate to express yourself.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Welcome, glad you decided to join

It can be scary to start posting but there are many very nice people here and I'm sure you will find yourself getting comfortable in no time!

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LEL01

welcome little english lady hope you enjoy your time here

I too struggle with confidence issues and that made joining ATS daunting although I knew it's something I wanted to join and take part in, those sceptics are what keep this site good clinical factual thinking
they remind me to think logical

much peace and love to you from a fellow englishman I hope you find nothing but goodness here now that your posting and not just lurking in the background like I once was. I look forward to seeing your views on the boards

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Thank you for your repliea and welcomes. The posting thing is all new for me but I can still lurk a bit if it gets too scary, just now you can see when I'm lurking.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

If you decide you'd like an avatar, come on over to the Avatar Creations Thread and we'll hook ya up!

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LEL01

Welcome aboard, and enjoy the ride!

Uhm, are you saying you are shy? No problemo, Senorita. You'll find something to say sooner or later, and actually, you aren't required to say anything at all.

One of my favorite ATS activities is lurking.

I do hope to see you around though. You seem solid and well grounded.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Thanks for that offer, I'll know where to come when I'm ready to be seen. Avatars seem to get you noticed more, yours is great.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Hi Druid, we met already on the Crete UFO thread, we agreed I think.
Shy is one word, painfully so as a child. I half got over that but there are alot of better words to describe me now. I'm sure most of my secrets will come out sooner or later.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Don't be shy, some of us bark, but none bite. Welcome to the family! Your thoughts and opinions are just as valid as anyone else's, since you think more than you speak, likely more worthy of hearing than most. Have fun, lots of friendly folk about.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join