It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Arrested For Facebook Obama Post

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerk_Idiot

It was just as distasteful then as it is now. The fact is the SS does investigate every potential threat made in public to the President. Facebook however just simplifies that task quite a bit. If your gonna be dumb enough to put it on FB or Twitter you deserve to be investigated.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jerk_Idiot
reply to post by Katharos62191

It makes me miss the days of Bush. In those days you could threaten to hang the president, shoot the president, or burn the president and still be left alone as a number of posters on this site could testify to as they were ones who did. You actually had to have done something to be arrested. Now in the days of Obama the messenger of HOPE you can be arrested for hoping for something. I am beginning to think people were accurate who said the right of free speech is going away. Sigh. And they said Bush was bad.

Well, in those days, sites like this one were pretty much under the radar. Facebook and youtube have changed all that. Now, it's a lot more visible - you gotta be more careful what you say when millions of people are watching.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
IMO these are stupid kids who don't realize that the internet goes further than their friend's cell phone.

Investigators: Man threatened to kill President during DNC

A Charlotte man is behind bars after investigators say he threatened to kill President Obama during the Democratic National Convention.

The first tweet was sent out at 10:06 a.m. on Monday when Sims tweeted, "Well Ima Assassinate president Obama this evening !... Gotta get this monkey off my chest while he's in town."

www.wistv.com...

She should have been investigated. If not how can we tell when these threats are serious.
It is unfortunate that we disrespect the office of the Presidency. Whether you like the person or not he is the President of the U.S.A.. United we stand.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

I left that out cuz that's what got her arrested. Only changed the name to protect us innocents and now look what you did.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by gmonundercover

If wishing for someone's death is immoral then I think every person born is immoral even you. I have yet to meet anybody who has not wished for someone's death at one time or another.

I had merely thought that free speech might be taken away. Thanks to people like you I am beginning to believe it is a certainty.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Just a minor consideration...
When she is in jail, she will be asked what she is in for.

Not sure if you have noticed the demographics of prisons...

Anyhow. ya..so threatening a potus...sort of a crime. I imagine she won't be doing that again soon.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

exactly, everybody has wished at least once that one of their enemies would die. Nobody loves everybody. You can say that between friends but not on the internet. It really sucks and shows that freedom of speech is truly gone in America. I'm happy to be Canadian but still, a couple months ago I freaked out on Facebook at some lady that was insulting Occupy protesters in my city and I had the cops follow me outside my house. That's without any threat whatsoever. I gave her the same medicine as she treated these people and just because she was a well known figure, she called the cops probably being scared of her own shadow. Crazy world we live in. And the people that really freak out violently are the quiet ones most of the time. Their neighbours always say: "he was polite and well-mannered".Beware of the quiet and too polite people!

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Wow maybe I should report some ATS members for their posts before the election

People should understand they have to follow it up to make sure she will not blow herself up and others.
Will people ever learn? people are watching what you put on the net..just be careful Oh and do not drink and surf folks ...from one who knows

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I am angry that making a simple one off comment "hoping" the president might be assassinated, comes with threats of Federal Imprisonment and loss of ones source of income... while the president himself has his finger on the trigger killing innocent people all over the world - and gets a Nobel Peace Prize for it.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

My point was she should not have been ARRESTED. The SS investigating her is one thing. Arresting her is another. Or it was. It used to be that only being arrested stays on your record all your life even if you were found innocent at trial. From what I hear now though merely being investigated these days is having the same effect.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Free speech is in real life, not on the internet, just look at any sites T&C including this one.
Freedom of speech to say you are going to kill the pres? It is nothing to do with freedom of speech, she threatened another human beings life.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I really hope Obama is NOT assassinated because that would make him a martyr.

Happy 237th Birthday Marines

link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

Just wondering whether Donald Chump should be arrested for inciting revolution?

link   

Look, like it or not you're being watched with what you say on the internet. It keeps people like her from killing other people. She posted a threat against his (The POTUS') life and she was investigated for it by the SS. I'm glad they're investigating her. Many a time have I seen an argument go to threats against others lives. When it comes to the POTUS, even just stating she hopes he'll be killed is enough to warrant an investigation. What if those hopes turned into her attempting it? Would you be screaming "her freedom of speech protects her" then?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
This link says she got "fired" and investigated by the secret service. They have not contacted her yet.

Seems the daily gossip was just that.

More sensationalism.

Yay!

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Like what you said.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FreebirdGirl

Well my question to you is why? Because more people see it? So what? No crime has been committed. Or is it merely more about controlling thoughts? Is the fear that because more people will see it then there is more chance of it occurring? If that is so then you will find a whole lot of people being arrested soon. For things like saying I hope Obama fails, or I hope the wars stop, or I hope people quit working at a particular company. Stop the passing around of thoughts! Do it now!

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jerk_Idiot
reply to post by FreebirdGirl

If that is so then you will find a whole lot of people being arrested soon. For things like saying I hope Obama fails, or I hope the wars stop, or I hope people quit working at a particular company. Stop the passing around of thoughts! Do it now!

If you think saying I hope the wars stop, people quit working at a company, ect. is the same as threatening someone else's life, you've got some problems bro. Saying you hope the wars stop and saying you hope the POTUS is killed are two entirely different things.
You're comparing apples to oranges now.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

These folk don't get it. They are begging the question as to whether or not the girl's remark, in addition to being a mere mathematical equation, was hopeful.

And so what if it is?

THAT is what you asked for, ats. That is what you got.

'Attention seeking', hef? Really? Is that what you get from this? An objective lesson in one's 'seeking attention'...?

I need not even bring up that there have been many outright volatile threats everywhere and across all boards, regarding POTUS, for 4 solid years, ostensibly, and from all sides. These have been largely ignored. I will add that much of it is bot generated, planned assimilation.

And before the race card was implemented, assassination remarks were ignored. So what if everyone wanted bush dead. If you didn't there was something wrong with you. The gears were shifted within the machine, and all that bush hatespeech was converted into making barry as POTUS, remember?

It is so difficult to know that they don't want to know.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
reply to post by GoldenRuled

Just wondering whether Donald Chump should be arrested for inciting revolution?

He should be arrested based on bad toupee choices alone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join