It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Arrested For Facebook Obama Post

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Dont know how credible the link is. The lesson here is watch what you say. They will come for you now over this silly crap. Anyone that hinders the gov agenda gets a free vacation to some pseudo-guantanamo resort for a minimum of 4 more years . The eyes and ears are everywhere. They don't have a sense of humor. Unless you threaten Romney, that is.

Denise Helms never expected her joke about Barack Obama to cause such a tantrum on behalf of the Secret Service. The 22-year-old woman made a racial comment about the newly re-elected President and hoped that maybe he “censored for keyword avoiding". The post went viral within a few hours as it was shared by other Facebook users.

www.dailygossip.org...

edit on 10-11-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
While I don't agree with arresting people for racism, this assassination comment was not a wise thing to make.

I have just been appalled by reading some of the racism since Obama got elected. Really really disgusting stuff I'm not going to post here but will leave you with a link to a whole series of twitter comments if you want some evidence.

Link

And the right were saying during the campaign "it has nothing to do with him being black"

Riiight.

edit on 10-11-2012 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
i understand people will argue about freedom of speech etc

but the secret service had every right to follow that comment up...if they didnt...there would be even more questions.

my personal view...the people around her should of made it impossible for her to talk like that...who on earth was she trying to impress

anyway...its all good

peace

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

Denise Helms never expected her joke about Barack Obama to cause such a tantrum on behalf of the Secret Service. The 22-year-old woman made a racial comment about the newly re-elected President and hoped that maybe he “gets assassinated this term”. The post went viral within a few hours as it was shared by other Facebook users.

You left out that she stated she 'hopes he gets assassinated'.. Yes eyes & ears are everywhere on the internet, that is well known. But I have also been told for years now not to mention the word 'assassinate' with the president or to threaten anyone for that matter because that data can be collected and used against you. You can threaten your neighbor and be arrested just as quickly.. She happened to threaten the President, of course they are watching what we post.
Honestly I hate how people are so big and bad behind their keyboards.. You should still THINK about what you post before you do.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Lesson learnt.

Don't go arond joking about assasinating your President. They take those threats VERY seriously, even in the most mundane of cases.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

My dislike of Obama has nothing to do with him being black, in fact, to me, it's a plus.
He fooled me once, and shame on me...but once was enough.

To the OP there were no details of the arrest, and then later it's stated she is under investigation
by the secret service...Well who arrested her?

Making racial slurs against the president only diminishes the ignorant bigot who makes them.
Barry lied to me and that is enough...I don't care about his color....I care about his character

link   
It was NOT A JOKE ...............and I don't believe a word this woman say's in defense of her crude remarks. I am NOT a fan of the president - but she is aghhh and ugly to boot..........pray for her boyfriend if she has one.........

BTW - She knew full well that she would get publicity for any mention of the A word...........she's a phony! I hope they prosecute her.
edit on 10-11-2012 by gmonundercover because: (no reason given)

link   

It amazes me how idiotic people can be when it comes to comments made on the internet. Everyone should be aware that posts are being monitored, by both the site mods/owners and the government. Threats like this need to be taken seriously, no matter if they're a "joke" or not.

What truly baffles me is that she is completely and utterly mystified that she was arrested for her comment. She doesn't even comprehend why that was wrong, and it is absolutely maddening that she is that stupid.

ETA: P.S. OP, threatening the president with assassination is not "silly crap". It is a threat against his life and it needs to be investigated, no matter the circumstances.
edit on 10/11/2012 by Dondylion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Even in my parents generation before the internet as we know it, it was always said never to say assassinate across a phone line. There's stating your racist opinion, and then there's calling for the death of the president of the free world.

It is the job of the secret service to take these threats very seriously.

Her post was stupid, it was posted for everyone to see, and her call was answered.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
And here I thought they arrested for for saying something she shouldn't be arrested for. I am sorry but even if you truly felt that way about the President you are an idiot for putting that on your Facebook page. Had it been just something bigoted or what not I would disagree with arresting and investigating her. But seriously publicly wishing and hoping for the President to get assassinated is in fact asking the SS to come over for a chat. Just ask Ted Nuegent and he wasn't even quite as blunt as this one about it.
edit on 10-11-2012 by KeliOnyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Regardless of what she says, she has the right to say it. From what I saw there was no direct threat against anyone.

"hoping" for someone to die does not = threat

Also I hope she sues the pants of her former employers for firing her over this, and wins.

What she says away from work is her own business

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

It makes me miss the days of Bush. In those days you could threaten to hang the president, shoot the president, or burn the president and still be left alone as a number of posters on this site could testify to as they were ones who did. You actually had to have done something to be arrested. Now in the days of Obama the messenger of HOPE you can be arrested for hoping for something. I am beginning to think people were accurate who said the right of free speech is going away. Sigh. And they said Bush was bad.

link   

Originally posted by HIWATT

When she posts it on the internet for everyone to see, it's everyone's business. She can have her privacy to say whatever racist, threatening comments she wants in her life, but when she puts it on the internet, it's no longer her business. By posting it on Facebook, she invited everyone into her business, all the while threatening the president with assassination in the process. Not a smart move on her part.

link   
I looked at the remark. By inference, they are assimilating hatecrime into 'being'.

Statistically speaking, yes, barry might get assassinated this term. This is true for every president, every term. They've done this before. But biden was nowhere in sight, in terms of assuming command, during the earlier statistical events. Barry is most likely quite safe.

Why you surprised, tho? Everyone at ats simply adores hatespeech legs. That's all this is. Hatespeech gets legs.

The girl is being rounded up on 'hatespeech', plain and simple. They had to 'infer' hate into her simple mathematical conclusion, which is valid, true, and sound, by all rules of probability and statistics. Phage would agree.

That's where the river branches, though.

What does it mean?

See, I am willing to take it one step further. I am willing to observe 'what it all means'. It means plenty.

I present: the fruits of zionism.

edit on 10-11-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-11-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

Hoping is not the same thing as threatening.

Publicly threatening the president is a crime...hoping something bad will happen to the president
should be grounds for inquiry, not arrest.

Don'y get me wrong I don't agree with this bigoted woman's POV at all...but I still defend her right
to have a public opinion I don't agree with. It's called free speech...and you can stand in my face
and call me every name in the book and while I may not enjoy it I will defend your right to
express your POV.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Regardless of what she says, she has the right to say it. From what I saw there was no direct threat against anyone.

"hoping" for someone to die does not = threat

Also I hope she sues the pants of her former employers for firing her over this, and wins.

To wish for a persons death is immoral............to wish and/or hope for their 'A' is illegal and she stands to be brought up on FEDERAL charges - and not misdemeanor charges either. The context of her remarks are considered as an indirect (and possibly direct) threat to the president.

edit on 10-11-2012 by gmonundercover because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Meh... she wanted some attention. She got it. Good object lesson for others IMO.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The law is the law, regardless of who is president. It's a felony to even talk about wanting a president to be assassinated - they have to take that stuff seriously. Just like you better not joke about bringing a bomb on a commercial airliner.

link   

her employee might have the right to fire her for any reason. They may not want people thinking she is a typical employee of the company. A person might want to use better sense.

link   
reply to post by Dondylion

Maybe I missed it. Where did she threaten the President?
What I saw was she merely hoped for something. That is not a crime. Or it was not before we got our latest President.

BTW: I do not agree with what she said. I DO agree she has the right to say it without being punished by the government merely because some people dislike it. She threatened no one.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join