It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza: Anti-tank missile hits IDF jeep; 4 soldiers injured

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Four soldiers were wounded Saturday when an IDF force patrolling near Karni crossing was hit by terrorist fire. The military jeep sustained a direct, "through and through" hit, by an anti-tank missile.

www.ynetnews.com...

Don't worry, it was just a "bottle rocket."

I can imagine the massive response by the US Military if an American Patrol Jeep was hit by a Mexican Cartel "terrorist" on the US/MEX border. No?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Waste of a good missile. I say we would expect the same actions from the Mexicans if we were illegally occupying their land.So how much is a jeep and four wounded soldiers are worth nowadays two to three hundred dead Arabs?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
So Palestinian dissidents break the tenuous peace in Gaza, fully aware that Israel will respond overwhelmingly and disproportional as is their stated policy, and the conversation is immediately nonsensical speculation about what the U.S. would do if it were Mexico?

How about the guy who fired the rocket was an idiot and a criminal?

From the OP's source...

"The IDF will not tolerate any attempt to harm Israeli civilians or IDF soldiers and will continue to fight any element which employs terror against the State of Israel. "The Hamas terror group is responsible for any such acts," the statement said...

Defense Minister Ehud Barak commented on the incident, saying: "The IDF reacted with force to the event and an additional response will be determined in the following days. We will not abide any escalation in the situation on the southern fence."

The Abu Ali Mustafa Brigades – the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine's (PFLP) military wing – have claimed responsibility for the attack; but the IDF said that it is more likely that the Islamic Jihad was responsible.

Gaza medical sources reported of four fatalities and at least 25 casualties, as a result of the IDF's shelling. The causalities were taken to Shifa Hospital in Gaza City.

Ayman al-Sahbani, a doctor at Gaza's Shifa Hospital, said all the casualties were civilians and among the wounded were children.

Good job Hamas, Islamic Jihad or whichever group of dysfunctional malcontents were responsible.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I think the reaction you would see from the US in your example would be dependent on how much the US had to gain by pushing the issue. If they really wanted to push the issue they would make those 4 soldiers martyrs and the media would make them saints.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
If they are throwing anti tank weapons at jeeps, it could indicate they have a ready supply of them.......
If so, the Isrealis may be in for some real terrorist activity......
These are fearsome weapons and not to be discounted or belittled.
It was the same rockets that so wounded the Isreali tanks in the last lebanon battle......it become a stalemate of sorts.....
Should they deploy many more of these against Isreali targets,its certain to bring huge reprisals.....
On the other hand, should they suck the IDF into occupying the strip and meet them with a large number of these missiles, it may prove costly for the IDF.......Interesting situation, and i would give a nickle for a total of the rockets of this type available to them........

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Four soldiers were wounded Saturday when an IDF force patrolling near Karni crossing was hit by terrorist fire. The military jeep sustained a direct, "through and through" hit, by an anti-tank missile.

www.ynetnews.com...

Don't worry, it was just a "bottle rocket."

I can imagine the massive response by the US Military if an American Patrol Jeep was hit by a Mexican Cartel "terrorist" on the US/MEX border. No?

They wouldn't do anything. The mexican cartels are murdering american citizens in Tuscon and Phoenix and our government doesn't do a damn thing except stoke the fire by providing them with weapons. The Fast and Furious scandal showed us our government doesn't give a rat's ass about the people. But it's ok, our own people do not give a damn about our own people, or we'd be taking applications for a new government staffed with people who do give a crap. Since we don't, we deserve what we got coming to us, which will be economic collapse and a totalitarian dictatorship. Say hello to New Rome, the vomitoriums are open for business.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Iranian backed militants trying to bait Israel I think.
The anti-tank weapon is a bit of a unique attribute to a hit and run attack like this.

I remember when that soldier was kidnapped years back and it provoked the ground war with hezbollah, started with a jeep or a patrol vehicle being ambushed too!

new topics

top topics

join