It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana to withdraw from the United States of America and create its own NEW government

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Trustfund

The states in red also have the most oil and coal; plus Louisianna has a very strategic position for export. If they were relieved of the shackles put in place by the federal governement they could fully develope their energy production and revive thier economies. Plus their is no where in the constitution that doesn't allow for succession in fact it all out calls for it. The states have the right to leave the Union.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by dogstar23

Originally posted by Trustfund

Seeing as they consume a whole lot of federal funds, well good luck to them.

I was thinking the same thing. Of course, TX is the only state which can legally secede, so they need a violent overthrow to do it anyway, but if they do, at least the rest of us won't have to continue to support them. It would be funny if they did, how fast they'd be calling for foreign aid from us.

I say we let them go, then invade and take all the resources, secure the ports, and turn them into a vassal state. (not really, but I wonder if they had thought about their lack of money and lack of military power.

The trouble with that chart, and why it is most disingenuous is that it is about all tax income and federal spending. Where do you think all of hte military bases are? Where do you think all of those New Yorkers retire to with their SS checks? There is a lot more that goes into that list than just consumption.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Words of wisdom from Ron Paul. The idea that seccession is illegal is a myth created by the Civil War. The states have every right to leave.
www.youtube.com...#!
edit on 12-11-2012 by BrieBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrieBird
Words of wisdom from Ron Paul. The myth that seccession is illegal is a myth created by the Civil War. The states have every right to leave.
www.youtube.com...#!

Seccession legalities aside...if you have to force your brother to stay in your house at gunpoint, maybe--just maybe--the problem is not with your brother but rather how you run your house. Perhaps we should not focus on wether a state can succeed or not, but rather on what we are doing wrong that would make a people WANT to succeed in the first place.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Crushing economic policies and too much Federal government oversight. Also a lot of people don't agree with the direction the U.S is taking. It no longer represents their values. People have no control anymore and want it back. Large government=slow and ineffective. The federal gov was created to be small and limited with the states having the majority of the power. Large house hard to clean little house easy to tend to.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrieBird
reply to post by NavyDoc

Crushing economic policies and too much Federal government oversight. Also a lot of people don't agree with the direction the U.S is taking. It no longer represents their values. People have no control anymore and want it back. Large government=slow and ineffective. The federal gov was created to be small and limited with the states having the majority of the power. Large house hard to clean little house easy to tend to.

ANd that's the point, isn't it? Kind of like everybody getting angry at companies for going offshore but voting for politicians and policies that make business here much more difficult.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Twenty-one states and counting...
Texas 16,914 signatures
Louisiana 13,017
Missouri 4,535
Florida 4,709

petitions.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Don't let the door hit you in the a$$
Being from Connecticut I hope they all leave.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by reenie217
Don't let the door hit you in the a$$
Being from Connecticut I hope they all leave.

I bet the idea of freedom, God and guns really disgust you.

We will be glad to leave if the opportunity presents itself.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by reenie217

What door?This movement is not because people dislike America its because they do and don't want to see it destroyed by the Federal Government. I don't condone drone attacks, the NDAA, the Patriat Act, the unending war on terror, forced health care, non reciprocal welfare, gmo's and much more. Smaller government means more efficiency we do not need the feds when we can more appropriately assess our problems and solve them. Connecticut's problems are totally different then say Lousianna's and so forth and they can best taken care of at the local and state level.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Wow!!! Since the right wing moon bats moved in here the intelligence level has dropped like a rock. So where does this all end? What if the people of New Orleans didn't want to go along, would they be forced to? Should we go back to city states? Who would the country of la turn to for defense? Or would god and guns keep them safe? Because they are going to control the Mississippi and the gulf if I understand correctly. I am sure the government of the U.S. would just turn over and cower in fear. How would they pay for their navy, they would have keep all the other fisherman out of the gulf right? Who would protect their oil rigs from pirates from South America? I wonder how they will pay to keep the levy systems in place? I wonder how the population of the sportsmans paradise country will feel when the lack of environmental regulation turns the place into a toxic waste dump? Taxation and regulation are bad, right?

How would they pay for education? How would they feel when there is no more LSU football? Who would they play? How would they stock the store shelves? How would they feel about getting passports to travel anywhere outside of la? Of course travel might be difficult if they can't figure out a way to pay for bridges, and they have a lot of them. Do you think they would have a liberal immigration policy that would let all the other like minded loonies in? How would the natives feel about that? I wonder how the natives would feel when they would have to accept the state sponsored religion, and give up their own beliefs?

You do realize if a state would disavow themselves of any federal help they would have a lot more autonomy, right?. Ah, who am I kidding that wouldn't fit your ignorant talking points meme. Carry on.......

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

These are the republicans we're talking about. you know they ignore facts. im sure god will provide them all the funding they need.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by soundguy

I don't see how this is right wing? That is a tactic to undermine the real concerns of cititzens. Romney to me was not a better canidate. The two party sytem, and corrupt federal government that needs to be put in check. This is a very viable discussion and shows that people do not like or trust our current government wether it be a republican in office or democrat. Open your mind to the fact that not all people are partisan and are actually being critical of our current system as a whole not just being sore losers. Not to say that some are not just voicing their disgust for Obama and approval for Romney that could very well be the cause but, that is not my reasoning.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by soundguy

Another left-winger that just doesn't get it. And never will.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MastaShake

At least three of your blue states are on this list. I would be careful about flinging insults.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Ive seen a lot of BS post. It isnt about blue and red.... Its about the government of the US..... If nothing else, it sends a message that people are getting fed up with the federal governments nonsense.
Why all the aurguing about this. We all seem to agree that the government is corrupt, correct?????
Ok, so what can you do? about the only thing left is send a message like this and see what happens. I hope this goes viral and gets hundreds of thousands of votes for all the states.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DrGod

No it isn't. Every election some fringe nuts always say this. You should have been around when Wallace lost and every Southern State was jonesing for secession.

It is illegal. It is treason. It is silliness. It means nothing.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MastaShake

These are the republicans we're talking about. you know they ignore facts. im sure god will provide them all the funding they need.

The large portion of the black population live in those red states, why do you think the red states need financial help? To pay for the worthless urban trash.

Most people in the rural areas are self sufficient and don't need government help for anything.

I'm sick of you liberals, dumbest people I've ever met.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by soundguy
Wow!!! Since the right wing moon bats moved in here the intelligence level has dropped like a rock. So where does this all end? What if the people of New Orleans didn't want to go along, would they be forced to? Should we go back to city states? Who would the country of la turn to for defense? Or would god and guns keep them safe? Because they are going to control the Mississippi and the gulf if I understand correctly. I am sure the government of the U.S. would just turn over and cower in fear. How would they pay for their navy, they would have keep all the other fisherman out of the gulf right? Who would protect their oil rigs from pirates from South America? I wonder how they will pay to keep the levy systems in place? I wonder how the population of the sportsmans paradise country will feel when the lack of environmental regulation turns the place into a toxic waste dump? Taxation and regulation are bad, right?

How would they pay for education? How would they feel when there is no more LSU football? Who would they play? How would they stock the store shelves? How would they feel about getting passports to travel anywhere outside of la? Of course travel might be difficult if they can't figure out a way to pay for bridges, and they have a lot of them. Do you think they would have a liberal immigration policy that would let all the other like minded loonies in? How would the natives feel about that? I wonder how the natives would feel when they would have to accept the state sponsored religion, and give up their own beliefs?

You do realize if a state would disavow themselves of any federal help they would have a lot more autonomy, right?. Ah, who am I kidding that wouldn't fit your ignorant talking points meme. Carry on.......

The only way it could possibly work is to have multiple states join together. Use each others resources to prosper and somehow be an ally of the US....of course thats the issue here. As much as I would like this to blow up just to stir the pot, it would be very hard and the US isnt just going to let states walk. How would that look to the world? I guess we will just let obama keep destroying the constitution and just sit back and get ready to bend over. As I said earlier, at least it shows that people are fed up.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Louisiana population would explode eh eh

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join