It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana to withdraw from the United States of America and create its own NEW government

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DrGod

This is Not the state of Louisiana officially asking for permission to leave the "Union". This is some guy who made a petition and if they get 25000 signatures, that only means the folks at the white house ( not necessarily the President) will look at it. if it requires a response from the dictator Obama, he may answer with either a yes or a no. My feeling is because this is not sanctioned by the government of Louisiana, nor are they involved in any way, the answer will be no, if the white house even bothers to answer at all.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
am i wrong in thinking that government would no longer have to send out social security checks to all the retirees if they do manage to seceed? or welfare checks to all the people that don't want to work, or ssi checks to all the people pretending to be crazy?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by arielsdad
am i wrong in thinking that government would no longer have to send out social security checks to all the retirees if they do manage to seceed? or welfare checks to all the people that don't want to work, or ssi checks to all the people pretending to be crazy?
Nope. The government still pays retired expats everywhere else in the world. Why would that change?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mizzijr
This makes me wonder though... What if we actually do get to the point where we become like EU? Where we are all like RIGHT next to each other but either some states go dependent [sic] (like Louisiana) or certain regions fuse. I mean.. It used to basically be like that. Didn't every state have it's own currency once upon a time?

It could work. But there has to be a collective movement.

Uh...the difference is that we are in a inseparable union; we are not in the same situation as the EU, because there is no get-out-of-the-Union clause for US statehood. It's been tried once, and it was a collective movement; it was called the Confederacy.

Get thee also to the nearest Soylent Green foodbank processing center. Your country needs you.
edit on 11-11-2012 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
reply to post by DrGod

This is Not the state of Louisiana officially asking for permission to leave the "Union". This is some guy who made a petition and if they get 25000 signatures, that only means the folks at the white house ( not necessarily the President) will look at it. if it requires a response from the dictator Obama, he may answer with either a yes or a no. My feeling is because this is not sanctioned by the government of Louisiana, nor are they involved in any way, the answer will be no, if the white house even bothers to answer at all.

The dictator Obama, huh? And here I thought he was elected as chief executive by electors of the people.

You really expect sensible people to take you seriously when you call the president a dictator?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Not a chance. But it might get a bit of publicity for the Conservatives in the that region. And will make the petitioner, Michael E Slidell a bit more locally famous I'd imagine.

According to the Google he's a restaurant owner.

However... No. There are federal laws to prevent secession from the Union.

~Heff

Something is illegal only until people stop recognizing that law.

"Federal laws to prevent seccession" sounds alot like a pre-emptive strike against future revolutions. Fortunately for us when enough people are pissed off, those federal laws preventing seccession will evaporate like smoke. England tried to pass laws like that for the colonies, didn't work so well for King George III either.
edit on 11-11-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by arielsdad

They won't be sending out SS checks, they'll be sending out armed drones to kill the secessionists/rebels. Have you are the rest of you knuckleheads talking about this matter ever heard of the US Civil War? It pretty squashed forever the notion of seceding from the Union. But hey, I'm all for you Red states trying it again, but this time we won't be giving you back your Senate and House seats -- or at least cut the number of them in half.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
louisiana?...i have vacationed there twice, and i'm never going back again. i won't go into the lengthy details, but it did involve me going to a hospital, due to the negligence of a national business. all the bills were paid by me, due to the states "french style" of government. in other words, your on your own if you do not live there. F' em, i have been telling my story to scores of people, trying to save them some grief,and convince them to vacation somewhere else. that's the only way i know how to get some type of retribution from those smilin', slow-talkin', lyin' good ole' boys.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by Hefficide

Not a chance. But it might get a bit of publicity for the Conservatives in the that region. And will make the petitioner, Michael E Slidell a bit more locally famous I'd imagine.

According to the Google he's a restaurant owner.

However... No. There are federal laws to prevent secession from the Union.

~Heff

Something is only illegal only until people stop recognizing that law.

"Federal laws to prevent seccession" sounds alot like a pre-emptive strike against future revolutions. Fortunately for us when enough people are pissed off, those federal laws preventing seccession will evaporate like smoke. England tried to pass laws like that for the colonies, didn't work so well for King George III either.

The law worked well enough for Abraham Lincoln, the Republican Party and Northern Democrats at one time, as I seem to remember.

READ A US HISTORY BOOK, PEOPLE. Or better yet, take a US history course at your local community college. And if you don't have time for that, register at your nearest Soylent Green processing center. They have nice music and swell pictures. It's kinda like having an ipod and ipad, but you also get a very comfortable reclining chair to rest in.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

You can keep your soylent green, i'd rather not eat processed corpses mashed into a green Jesus cookie.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive

The dictator Obama, huh? And here I thought he was elected as chief executive by electors of the people.

You really expect sensible people to take you seriously when you call the president a dictator?

Of course I do. People are smart. They know how to study the history of the last 4 years. I have every confidence in them.

The electoral vote is a sham, which is the only reason Obama won. He lost the popular vote - meaning the majority of individual Americans voted for the other guy. This sends a clear message that We The People did not collectively want Obama back in the white house.

I got a good laugh out of this and I bet this is sticking in Obama's craw. I bet he has trouble sleeping at night knowing the majority of the American People collectively did not want him back in office.

I sure as heck sleep better knowing this.
edit on 11-11-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
If those petitions allowed signatures from outside of Louisiana, I think they'd have enough within the hour. The states that want to bail are the same ones who sap the most federal resources to stay afloat.

I support any and all secession attempts by those states. Cut them loose. Let them live their musket and cabin utopia.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by amrith777

Don't worry about gators. Will throw in trunk and bring home to fry!!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DrGod

Do ALL of the people of this state want this or just a select group of armchair Libertarians?

Might want to consider that bit.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
*sigh* .... Why are these types of threads, with these headlines, still allowed on ATS? This is a main reason why this site continues to be a joke, instead of being taken as seriously as the majority of the content contained here would suggest it should be taken.

One individual who starts a petition, signed mostly by people outside the actually state he wishes to see secede from the United States, does not constitute "Louisiana to withdraw from the United States of America and create its own NEW government"...

Why are these people even allowed to post here? Try a little less B.S. and maybe you'll be respected...

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Red states do suckle quite a bit from the Federal teat and then cry and say they want to secede.

Hey, they'd be doing me a favor. No more paying for their welfare and watching them half-ass their educational systems and suppress the rights of gays, etc.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by MrInquisitive

You can keep your soylent green, i'd rather not eat processed corpses mashed into a green Jesus cookie.

I'm not asking any body to eat it, but rather asking US citizens who are clueless about US history, in particular the political reasons for the Civil War, to do their country a patriotic "solid" and become food solid for the moocher class (which I guess is 47% of us).

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Originally posted by MrInquisitive

Of course I do. People are smart. They know how to study the history of the last 4 years. I have every confidence in them.

The electoral vote is a sham, which is the only reason Obama won. He lost the popular vote - meaning the majority of individual Americans voted for the other guy. This sends a clear message that We The People did not collectively want Obama back in the white house.

I got a good laugh out of this and I bet this is sticking in Obama's craw. I bet he has trouble sleeping at night knowing the majority of the American People collectively did not want him back in office.

I sure as heck sleep better knowing this.
edit on 11-11-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

Oh, so that darn dictator, Obama, lost the election as well as the popular vote, huh? And your evidence of this is what exactly? So if Romney had won, you would be confident that the election was fair, but because Obama "won" you are sure that the election was rigged? Am I reading you correctly, or do you subscribe to the school of thought that all the elections are shams perpetrated by our Reptilian and Grey overlords from Regulus Alpha, so whatever candidate is elected is a complete puppet? Seriously, would there be any election result that you would take as being real/legitimate/honest? Let me guess, if your guy won.

But back to my original point: If folks like yourself are going to continue with the rhetorical hyperbole, i.e. calling Obama a dictator and implying that everyone who voted for him is a moocher/taker, your credibility is only heading further south; as is -- metaphorically speaking -- it is in Tijuana, taking in a donkey show. Keep it up and you'll be keeping company with the penguins.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Any petitions to secede started at WhiteHouse.gov are bound to end in the trash can.

I think it makes a statement that needs to be heard so why not report it on ATS? The American citizen has almost no voice in government outside this election that Obama barely won. I am not into suppression of news and this is interesting. Every vote represents a person who is so aggravated by our corrupt government that they want out. It may happen, but not at the hands of the White House.

It's up to 15 different State petitions to secede. In two days TX has 5,635 and LA has 8,423. Curious to see how the Administration trashes this. Maybe then real efforts might begin.

petitions.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Can LA sustain itself without federal help?

What if another Katrina-like disaster occurs?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join