It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana to withdraw from the United States of America and create its own NEW government

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Here is an interesting question...

What would happen if EVERYONE in Louisiana and Texas join an Indian tribe that has a treaty with the US? There are a couple of tribes that will accept anyone as a full tribal member....

In all likelihood? They'd spend about 10 minutes on the rez and then scramble to undo what they'd done.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I agree.

Doesn't actually mean those on a reservation or a tribe, would accept you with open arms. I believe many would call it hypocritical, and Ironic to say the least.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
You do realize anyone can start a Petetion.

I might Start a Petition where everyone will have to Walk Backwards.

petitions.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
However... No. There are federal laws to prevent secession from the Union.

With only a couple of exceptions, a single State cannot secede from the US and sustain itself. Any ideas on secession would hav to be as a collective of a few states.

The civil war showed that a State cannot leave the union without concent, else it be met with force. If a State or group attempted to secede, you would find the US running blockades, embargos etc.

I am completely against the idea of forcing a State to stay in a Union with a nation it no longer agrees with fundamentally.
edit on 10-11-2012 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I wish that all the states that talk about succeeding from the union like Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, etc would just do it and stfu.

Of course we all know it's just rhetoric from some yahoo, to get the attention of conservatives for some rightwing agenda. We all know it's BS a lame attention getting tactic.

Next week they will be wanting to put clothes on farm animals and house pets. wackos.
edit on 10-11-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Why should the people from Montana, let' say, be effected by laws designed to work in NYC?, for instance.
Why should the citizens of San Francisco be made to adhere to laws that were designed by the people of Idaho?

I think we should all be a bunch of mini countries.
Like Europe.
We can all choose to live in the country that offers the right set of values and cultures, whatever you may like.
I think it would be great.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
reply to post by DrGod

This is the "real" America: If you don't like diversity, throw everything down and resign. If necessary, disband the US altogether

Those dumbos don't even know how UN-AMERICAN they actually are....hilarious since this country was founded based on diversity, free speech, free opinion etc... And then they cite the founding fathers...what a disgrace...

This republic was based on economic freedom (the cause of the Revolution) and individual liberty. It consisted of sovereign states who ALL believed in their inherent right to leave the union should the the compact be broken by the federal government (if you don't believe that truth, google the "Hartford Convention"). In case you hadn't noticed, the federal government has revoked much of the Constitution de facto.
The US was founded by men who had the conviction of those Louisianans in severing ties with an authoritarian government.

Seems like certain "dumbos" should look in the mirror.

While secession is a near impossibility to states now due to fiscal codependency, the reasons for it should be obvious to anyone who actually believes in the foundational values. The American people just collectively decided to betray every foundational value laid out by the Founding Fathers and every tradition that made the nation successful.

Secession will not happen but it shows that certain Louisianans are a heckuva lot more knowledgeable about what this country was founded on and what made it great. Unfortunately, the people that signed that petition will get little more for their troubles than being branded as domestic terrorists by the most power abusive administration in US history.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Unverified rumors on the internet say that there are 15-20 states circulating the same sort of petition.

So far I've found Louisiana, Georgia, and Texas petitions.

Peacefully withdraw?

Hmmm.

ETA: Found Florida, North Carolina and Alabama as well. Linky.

President Obama may have his hands full during his second term.
edit on 11/10/12 by Druid42 because: added ETA.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DrGod

Although I agree with the sentiment here, this "petition" on the website of the white house is not the way it happens, and it is a complete waste of time. All of the signers of this petition are doing nothing more than putting their name on a list on the official website of the white house, and that probably isn't a good idea. The President doesn't have any Constitutional authority to grant a member state of the union the ability to withdraw its membership. If the state legislature of LA wants to secede from the United States then the articles of secession must be drawn up in the state and signed by the governor, at which time he would serve them to the federal government. It would also be wise to have the residents of LA vote on the measure to ensure that the state legislature and the residents are in agreement. My hope is that all of the red states in the middle of the country get together and do this all at once. The new Confederate States of America sounds good to me, minus the slavery of course. The Progressive Authoritarian States of America can be the North East and great lake states. Sounds good to me.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
We have 100's of B-52's, F-16's, F-22's etc. A very diverse economy and landscape. Cattle, oil, tons of natural gas, a huge shoreline with tons of ports...

If any state could make a go if it, Texas could.

But, the earlier post was right. The entire country WILL take up the patootie whatever the Feds dish out because we're too busy watching Dancing with the Stars and Honey Boo Boo. Besides that, they accomplished their goal of making nearly everyone dependent of them.

Bread an circuses. We has them.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

IF something like that would happen, just imagine the social upheaval! I wonder what would happen to everyone who happens to live in a state that ends up in the country that they don't want to live in? So many people would have to pack up and move, get new jobs, etc., so that they can live in the country that they ideologically agree with. It could end up splitting up families. Somehow, I have this vision of a South/North Korea type of result, with bickering and scuffles across the borders.

Although I don't like the way things are going in this country right now, splitting it up sounds like it would make us weaker. I hope that somehow someone finds a way to fix this entire country, and puts our government on the correct path. But it is true that the divide of those with their own point of view of what the "correct path" is has grown so large, that it might be irreparable.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

The civil war was illegal the US federal government had no authority to prevent secession the congress adjourned sine die and dissolved the union and there was no recourse. The entity that formed afterward and now calls itself the United States is not the union of the several sovereign states our founders set up!

Still there is nothing in the current constitution even hinting at such a notion. The only thing the civil war showed was that Lincoln was a tyrant who destroyed the original constitution 1798 circa and that might makes right and here we are still emulating him by illegally invading sovereign nations and appropriating their resources and killing their people!

edit on 10-11-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
We've pretty much removed and emasculated the "republic" part of the the constitution and traded it for so called democracy which amounts to the voters voting greater and greater benefits upon themselves to the point of self immolation so what the hell - another revolution may be a good thing.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrGod
Why should the people from Montana, let' say, be effected by laws designed to work in NYC?, for instance.
Why should the citizens of San Francisco be made to adhere to laws that were designed by the people of Idaho?

Like Europe.
We can all choose to live in the country that offers the right set of values and cultures, whatever you may like.

That is what it was supposed to be like. State's rights, you know? The United States of America-- all separate but joined for strength, not for control. Like the European Union. Separate entities united for the common good. Oh well.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by new_here

Like Europe.

That is what it was supposed to be like. State's rights, you know? The United States of America-- all separate but joined for strength, not for control. Like the European Union. Separate entities united for the common good. Oh well.

Seems like this is the only way. I haven't seen any better theory on how to fix the major cluster# the United States has become.

Everybody is so quick to say "oh that won't work" but they never have an better ideas.

edit on 11-11-2012 by LightWarrior11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

America was founded as a homeland for white Europeans.If you read what the founded fathers of your country wanted,you would understand that you are talking rubbish.The only diversity between them was their culture and not racial 'diversity' as many put it.Since you are the one going against this,whether you like it or not,you are the ''UN-AMERICAN''.

Anyway,you shouldn't hate these people who do not want to share YOUR diversity.They don't want it but you do,so let them be and they will let you be.They aren't stopping you from having 'diversity' are they? No!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
You do realize anyone can start a Petetion.

I might Start a Petition where everyone will have to Walk Backwards.

The US are already walking backwards...

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Just saw this and I did a search, I can't find anyone talking about it on ATS.
If so, please shred.

Can this work?
Will this work?

If so, wow, right?

LINK

Peacefully grant the State of Louisiana to withdraw from the United States of America and create its own NEW government.

As the founding fathers of the United States of America made clear in the Declaration of Independence in 1776:

"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation."

"...Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or abolish it, and institute new Government..."

edit on 10-11-2012 by DrGod because: (no reason given)

I say go for it.go for it get your own country. You could export shrimp and stuff. Oh yeah don't forget jazz. I think you have a real thing going. Sure I know right away you're gong to want some foreign aid.or you will sell out and our enemies will be right at our door step.

I don't know what your worries are. If the new midrid goes, Louisiana is going to be mostly under water anyway.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DrGod

I just made a comment on this www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am very suspicious there are too many things wrong with this. the petition is located on the white house web page and not the Louisiana web page.

I am not sure but shouldn't the number of petitioners be higher than 25,000. Like 250,000 of 2.5 million in order to better represent the State as a whole?

Don't sign this petition it is a possible name and info gathering being conducted by the Obama Administration.
edit on 11-11-2012 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
No it's not. The last time a state tried this we had a little thing called "the Civil War". Succession may be the law, but it's not possible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join