Louisiana to withdraw from the United States of America and create its own NEW government

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I just signed their petition. I hope they can secede. I hope other states follow like Florida and Texas. All of the SS collecting retirees would likely move but that is ok.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
If Louisiana leaves, that'd just make 56 states, right?

or how about. . . .

Great! People from Louisiana would need a passport to come to America, but illegals coming across the border still wouldn't!

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
IIRC other states have recently reaffirmed their right to withdraw from the union, so it cannot be "impossible" as some seem to think.

In addition, while this petition might not gather enough steam, and while a state might not be able to financially succeed on their own, everything begins with a first step.

Does anyone here think that the unification of the states originally was an entirely unanimous decision? That began somewhere, with an idea, and others gathered along with it. The same could happen here, and it's not such a stretch of the imagination when you consider how politically divided the US is.

Many expect there to be an internal battle in the US at some point. It's entirely possible, and even probable, that the US will see another war on home turf at some time. The US is more politically divided than it has been for decades, and austerity hasn't even started yet. You have politicians and leaders of business on the right becoming more extreme with each passing day. The Republican party is more extremist now than I have ever seen it with blatant vote rigging (at the RNC no less) and their dictatorship in Michigan.

While I don't think this petition will actually do anything more than raise the suggestion, there is a lot about to happen in the USA and something like this will certainly become more and more serious a proposition.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
It's just a petition. ANYONE can start a petition. There is NO deadline. That deadline is false. It's for tthe petition web site. This has no legal standing whatsoever. The same kind of petition was used to "demand" that the government disclose all information they have on UFOs.

As far as them referencing the Declaration of Independence, what's wrong with that? You mean once it gets used it's thereafter no good? Our current government has an iron grip on the populace much more invasive and intrusive that the British government ever had on the original 13 colonies.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
LOL I saw this last night! I see they got a lot more signatures than they had when I looked last night, last night they only had about 900 LOL anyway do I think we will leave the United States of America, NO LOL there is no way they'd get the required signatures, and even if they did NO we will not leave the USA.

I'm not happy Obama won, but I don't want to succeed from the US because of it, this is just a silly petition started by a silly man!

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Jerk_Idiot

I am saying that the Constitution itself prevents the concept of secession.

And how is our government going to enforce that? Violently? That will go over real well with Americans. Another civil war anyone?

ETA: Scratch that. The government will do whatever they want, and Americans will roll over and take it. You're right, it won't work.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Jerk_Idiot

I am saying that the Constitution itself prevents the concept of secession.

What about Texas?

I think Texas can.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

If it came to that? Then I suppose another Civil War would be the end result. Thankfully that is currently not an applicable notion because the vast majority of Americans do not support such extremist notions as secession.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DrGod

Crossing the border into Louisiana on Monday. I'll let you know if they ask me for my passport or if they give me a Cajun "pat down". Heck, if I'm feeling adventurous and they have guards at the border I'll see if they"ll give me a high speed chase!

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I always thought that Texas would be the one to seceed. We have a $1.32 trillion per year economy, we produce the most oil of any state in the nation (the second most oil producing state, North Dakota, only produces half of what we do), we have a solid agricultural base and our own power grid. I would totally support it.

I don't see Louisiana having a strong enough economic base to seceed on its own, but maybe I'm wrong.

Now....Texas and Louisiana leaving the union together would really be something!

I highly doubt our federal overlords would allow us to leave and take our oil and tax dollars with us. My husband, a native Texan, assumes that Texas would be able to leave the US, and Uncle Sugar would give us a kiss on the forehead and wish us good luck. I told him, no way in Hades, the full might of the US goverment and military would be all over us like white on rice, and reduce us to ashes, rather than see us leave peacefully.

I wish Louisiana all the luck in the world. This stunt won't work, but it may get more people thinking, which is always a good thing.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Texas

we petition the obama administration to:
Peacefully grant the State of Texas to withdraw from the United States of America and create its own NEW government.
petitions.whitehouse.gov...
The US continues to suffer economic difficulties stemming from the federal government's neglect to reform domestic and foreign spending. The citizens of the US suffer from blatant abuses of their rights such as the NDAA, the TSA, etc. Given that the state of Texas maintains a balanced budget and is the 15th largest economy in the world, it is practically feasible for Texas to withdraw from the union, and to do so would protect it's citizens' standard of living and re-secure their rights and liberties in accordance with the original ideas and beliefs of our founding fathers which are no longer being reflected by the federal government.
Created: Nov 09, 2012

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
As soon as they leave, a hurricane will wipe out a quarter of the state and they will be in a mess without the help of the USA to give them funds. Kind of a ridiculous idea if you ask me. Only Texas and Alaska can financially accomplish that
edit on 10-11-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
As soon as they leave, a hurricane will wipe out a quarter of the state and they will be in a mess without the help of the USA to give them funds. Kind of a ridiculous idea if you ask me.

You mean like Jersey?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
United we stand. Divided we fall.

The commies are hoping for the latter.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

That's awesome, thanks for the link!

Texas does have a balanced budget, and keep in mind, we have no state income tax!

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q33323

I guess you missed the commies celebrating their victory Tuesday night.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I'm not sure about that, we have the Port of New Orleans where 500 million tons of cargo pass through here every year.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

commies?????? no ...they were DEMOCRATS.....

you and romney need to put away the Rambo movies....

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Originally posted by Q33323

Oh Gawd! I feel like I'm back in Arizona.

Can you take them with you?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I read once that the only state in the union with the right to leave, technically, is Vermont. Apparently Vermont was briefly an independent nation, and when they joined the union, they had a special clause written in that would allow them to leave if they wanted to. Not 100% sure about this but I think its the truth.

Of course in actuality if they tried it, I'm pretty sure they would never be allowed to do so.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join