It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Streets around US capitol form an Owl from above. Heres a pic.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
With respect to phantompatriot, I dredged this thread up from 2 years ago. I figured that I could add to an existing thread, and not need to start one of my own on a topic that has been around for some time.

I have been to Washington DC once, and for some reason was very upset and angry that day. I'm normally a very happy person
I do think that there are some "bad vibes" in that city. I don't know if it's based on the shady things that the government is doing behind closed doors, the city's crime rate, my own distrust of the government, or what. I do know that it was before I'd heard of the Illuminati, so I can't blame it on those pre-concieved notions.

As of now I'm just trying to put everything in a line and see if it makes sense.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

I'm still curious about the Lincoln memorial though. It is in a perfect line with the capital and the Washington monument. It would make sense that it would have a masonic meaning if the others did.

I'm certainly no expert in the field of geographical architecture, but an excellent article on the subject can be read here

BTW: the SNL sketch where Will Farrell spoofed Blue Oyster Cult is one of my all-time faves. More cowbell!

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LL1
Take a look at the NYSE
Find any connection?

Great link!

So is it not obvious now that the WTC and Pentagon and probably even New Orleans were all done by the numbers too. I haven't seen this kind of analysis yet by and expert but if you ever come across it then please make a post for us.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
The owl is a symbol of Minerva. We actually get the word "capitol" from the Capitoline Hill in Rome, where the main temple dedicated to the goddes Minerva was located.

There are a lot of owls located on Capitol Hill around the U.S. Capitol and a lot of depictions of Minerva. Check out the Library of Congress.

Owl outside the John Adams building, LOC

[edit on 4-3-2009 by Jack Jouett]

[edit on 4-3-2009 by Jack Jouett]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
The Owl, due to much of it's connection with Minerva/Athena is emblematic of wisdom. Many also see it as a symbol for mysticism/magic. During the Dark Ages it was seen as an evil omen.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jack Jouett
The owl is a symbol of Minerva. We actually get the word "capitol" from the Capitoline Hill in Rome, where the main temple dedicated to the goddes Minerva was located.

Actually the Romans derived the name from Jupiter Capitolinus (Jupiter of the Capitoline) who was also know as Jupiter Optimus Maximus (Jupiter Best and Greatest). It was the location of the Temple of Jupiter and the name Capitoline derives from the Latin word caput which means skull. legend has it that Tarquin, fifth king of Rome discovered one will digging the foundations for the temple.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Actually the Romans derived the name from Jupiter Capitolinus (Jupiter of the Capitoline) who was also know as Jupiter Optimus Maximus (Jupiter Best and Greatest). It was the location of the Temple of Jupiter and the name Capitoline derives from the Latin word caput which means skull. legend has it that Tarquin, fifth king of Rome discovered one will digging the foundations for the temple.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by AugustusMasonicus]

Interesting, I did not know that, thanks for clarifying. I was up on Capitol Hill yesterday and took a lot of pictures of the various owls in the Library of Congress buildings. Here is one of them:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
In case anybody has any doubt that the streets form an owl around the U.S. Capitol building, here are some other artistic owls I found in buildings on Capitol Hill that suport the owl theme which demonstrate that the owl is intentional and not an "accident" or "coincidence".

I have found owls in the U.S. Capitol, the Thomas Jefferson building of the Library of Congress and the John Adams building of the LOC. Still searching for more, most of these are from the John Adams and Thomas Jefferson buildings, here are a few:

Capitol Hill owls

top topics

<< 1   >>

join