It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dinosaurs on other planets...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I have always had an interest in dinosaurs from a very early age,and i sometimes wonder if there is dinosaurs still alive today but not here on earth,but rather somewhere else on another planet.If there is do you think they would be the same as what we had here on earth? What do you guys think???

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
i really don,t see why not,if conditions are right then why should anything be diffrent from whats happened here?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
No, unless they somehow came from the same line of creatures that inhabited earth. What makes them dinosaurs is their branch(clade) of the tree. At least I think. I just googled dinosaur and looked at the wiki for a second on where the word/classification came from.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jademegjosh

Sure. Why not?

And when we find that planet, loaded with dinosaurs, we'll hurl an asteroid at it and wait a couple hundred thousand years before we start to terraform!

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
damn good question.

i guess it would depend on which way evolution went on that planet.

depends on the environmental conditions and where the cosmic rays struck which parts of the DNA of whatever is living there.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Were you inspired by this clip:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Isnt that part of David Icke's biggest conspiracy? That reptilians can move between places by changing their frequency or something like that? Planet to planet or interdemensional. Maybe he's not that crazy!!

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Mnemicrsl

I hope that all those geckos and lizards that my cats capture, and that I rescue and return to the outside speak on my behalf when their overlords come for us!

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
If you guys find the idea of evolved dinosaurs interesting, might I suggest Harry Harrison's "West of Eden."

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Most of the dinosaurs were removed from Earth and brought to other planets. The planet was covered by dinosaurs but only a small fraction of the bones have ever been found. No creature ever goes extinct; they are moved around as necessary. The frequency of the planet also determines the species that can inhabit it. Earth is going through big changes now and new species will continue to be found and others disappear.
The really tall dinosaurs, like the Brontosaurus, could not live on Earth today because the gravity is too high to permit their heart to pump to their brain. The tallest land animal today is the giraffe, which tops out at 17 feet and no 18 foot giraffes are possible today. The Brontosaurus was over 40 feet. Earth is growing and gravity is increasing. Earth grows due to the plasma, at the core, interacting with energy from the Sun to create matter. Scientists are very well aware that Earth is growing but you hear very little about it. Chaotic planets, like Earth, would do irreparable damage to flora and fauna, if they were allowed to but all species are cared for like the universe was a zoo. This goes for sentient species as well and significant effort is currently taking place to prevent complete extinction of humans. The control that our friends in the universe have, that are millions of years ahead of us, is beyond our imagination. All is well and always will be. Be at peace because it is our natural state.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Hi op

according to the scientists
Crocodiles and sharks have changed very little in millions of years

Yet other species have adapted

Its all possible, and mind buggering as it is,
then again im a pawn on the chess board lol

edit on 2012/06/12 by davesmart because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I think evolution has strange way to evolve itself , it all depends on many different factors of the planet. But sure I would surely embrace the possibility that this happens right as we speak.. so if you have a great imagination and creative skills you can create them yourself?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I have no doubt other life forms have lived and still love on other planets. However many factors come into play as to what can form and live on planets. The distance from the sun, size of the planet, moons, atmosphere, composition of the planet, magnetic forces of the planet and so on.

So while dinosaurs may have developed on this planet, I doubt they would have formed on many other planets. The different factors that come into play would change everything about the life beings evolutionary process. A little more gravity and you get short, denser creatures that move slower, you wouldn't have tall tree's and so on. More liquid on the planets surface would limit how many species could live on what dry land was available and effect what could live and form in the oceans.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jademegjosh

Well it's gonna be a while till we could find out so I say why not,for all we know there could be dimensions 1 minute behind us and so on to the beginnig of time... imagine that

The imagination is a great tool so use it
great thought op imagine a world where the mammals were not dominant but the reptiles, wonder how they would taste never tried lizard

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Offtopic: You newer guys need to remember to Flag threads and Star posts, just sayin.

Ontopic: Anything is possible. The conditions to allow the dinosaurs to evolve were present on this planet for over 400 million years, and they were the ruling species for at least that long. If not for an extinction event that wiped them out, they'd probably still be here. The same event that wiped out the Dinos also allowed mammals to takeover.

However, we've only been around for a few hundred thousand years.

Good thing to know: If they did evolve on other planets, we have no reason to fear a Dino invasion. The nearest planet that could contain Dino life is over 24 LYA. It would make a good B-movie.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I would think it very possible. Particularly with them finding so many planets in the life supporting zone like Earth is here.
So sometime in the future we may have a rover eaten for lunch.

But then again just because we couldn't survive on some planets does not mean they couldn't.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by rollsthepaul

Don't forget that its also growing all the time due to all the quadrillions of star dust particles and random debris that
is constantly bombarding planets, including our own.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
What happened to the beginning of this world. Billions and billions yrs ago. All this animal could evolved just like we did. We might be the late bloomer. Eventually we will be leaving this earth and moved into a much better world that we will find along the way. That so warm we won't need clothes or burning any gas just to say warm at night. So much food and we won't need to worry or fight over to feed ur own country. And the dinosaurs could happened to them the same way it will happened to us. It's only logic that the way things are going the way we doing it.couple thousand years from now we will already found a better planet and go there and no one would be here. All anyone going to find is going be our bone. Everything is just a belief circle that keeps on reoeatjng itself. So earth is like a mother land of all spices where every intelligent came from. We never stop evolving. Just like everything else. Sea. Sky. Land. They will all evolved and make computers and fly to a different planet where it suits them better. But they will come back and visit this planet just like how we go back and visit the sites and take pictures and stuff. That's what people do. To study. Everything started to make senses if you think about it. It explains everything. Answered all your questions. For the UFO to the dinosaur disappearing. And the empty data after the dinosaur disappearing. Where earth had no intelligen or much happen for a long time until they waited for monkey to evolved into human. I'm sure same thing happened to the dinosaur right before they evolved. And whoever left before them. There is empty data for a while until dinosaur evolved into intelligent and fly away. Everything just keeps on repeating itself. Cuz that's earth. No matter how many time or how many different way you mix and match. Nothing new had come. And. You can't just have new data or mix into something new when it's the exact same pot that's been in the water. If anything gonna get mixed and created. It would happened many times over already. Cuz it's the same pot. Just like when you mix coffee into your cup with milk and sugar. Doesn't matter how long or where you mix them. It's still a cup of coffee. And it won't just change into a tea just because you mixing it harder or whatever. So. There. It answer all the human questions. You are welcome to ask any other question you may have. I get all this answer directly from the creatures that knows so. Challenge me if you want. I know I'm right.

top topics

join