It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Understanding Reptilians, The Meaning, The Misinterpretation, and Us! PLEASE READ ALL!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Here is some info on one of the top firms and creator (who mirrored the creative style of Ernest Ditcher) that have found and are currently using and are fully aware of the reptilian brain.

These links are from the site itself.
People have no idea why they're doing what they're doing

Clotaire Rapaille believes all purchasing decisions lie beyond conscious thinking and emotion and reside at a primal core. He helps Fortune 500 companies discover “the code” (i.e. unconscious associations for their products) that will help them increase sales.

They are too cortex, which means that they think too much, and then they ask people to think and to tell them what they think. Now, my experience is that most of the time, people have no idea why they’re doing what they’re doing. They have no idea, so they’re going to try to make up something that makes sense. Why do you need a Hummer to go shopping? “Well, you see, because in case there is a snowstorm.” No. Why [do] you buy four wheel drive? “Well, you know, in case I need to go off-road.” Well, you live in Manhattan; why do you need four wheel drive in Manhattan? “Well, you know, sometime[s] I go out, and I go—” You don’t need to be a rocket scientist to understand that this is disconnected. This is nothing to do with what the real reason is for people to do what they do. So there are many limits in traditional market research.

37signals.com...

omewhere on Long Island sits a mansion that apes the appearance of a fairly grand European castle. The owner is a charismatic, French cultural-anthropologist named Clotaire Rapaille. Dr. Rapaille paid for his mansion by selling big time marketers on the idea of tapping into consumers' "reptilian brain."

The reptilian brain is essentially the brain stem and is concerned with fundamental needs such as survival, physical maintenance, hoarding, dominance, preening and mating. The basic ruling emotions of love, hate, fear, lust, and contentment are, according to neuro-psychologists, also rooted in this structure of our brains.

record-reviews.blogspot.com.br...

I dont care what youre going to tell me intellectually. I dont care. Give me the reptilian. Why? Because the reptilian always wins.

Originally I'm a child psychiatrist. I used to work with autistic children, children that don't speak, and I was just trying to find a cure. I made several little discoveries of the way the brain functions at the time. For example, these children are usually quite intelligent -- some kind of "intelligent." I don't know if you remember Rain Man, that [in the Dustin Hoffman character] Rain Man you had this kind of computer intelligence, but they have a little problem with emotions.

One of my discoveries was that in order to create the first imprint of a word -- when you learn a word, whatever it is, "coffee," "love," "mother," there is always a first time. There's a first time to learn everything. The first time you understand, you imprint the meaning of this word; you create a mental connection that you're going to keep using the rest of your life. And to create this mental connection, you need some emotions. Without emotion, there is no production of neurotransmitters in the brain, and you don't create the connection. So actually every word has a mental highway. I call that a code, an unconscious code in the brain.

www.pbs.org...

And of course in order to mention Ditcher, there has to be a mention of Bernays (nephew of Frued), which will come later in the thread.

Peace, NRE.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Like the subject of your thread. There is a lot of truth to be gleaned from studying our evolutionary development and the sudden unexplained evolutionary leaps that have occurred.

If we also look at the development of the embryo , we also see that HUMAN embryo develops through similar stages as that of fish , birds and reptiles.

The four principles of Karl Ernst von Baer. In 1828, von Baer reported, “I have two small embryos preserved in alcohol, that I forgot to label. At present I am unable to determine the genus to which they belong. They may be lizards, small birds, or even mammals.” Figure 1.5 allows us to appreciate his quandary. All vertebrate embryos (fish, reptiles, amphibians, birds, and mammals) begin with a basically similar structure. From his detailed study of chick development and his comparison of chick embryos with the embryos of other vertebrates, von Baer derived four generalizations (now often referred to as “von Baer's laws”), stated here with some vertebrate examples:

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Now I believe the comparitive size and existance of portions of the HUMAN brain have changed due to the resulting development of higher thinking and consciousness. As I stated earlier , I believe certain types of manipulation of the HUAMN species through DNA and specific breeding programms has occured. This may or may not have occured on planet.

Below is the paticular point in our evolution that this may have occured , the term " abruptly " is interesting :-

The prehominid ancestors of homo sapiens - Dryopithecus and Ramapithecus - appeared about 20 million years ago. They had brains which were no bigger than monkey brains. For the next 17million years or so, practically no change in brain size occurred. About 3 million years ago the 'australopithecine hominids' appeared rather abruptly, with larger brains with 'cranial capacity' of about 500cc. The evolution of the hominid brain to its present size is a relatively recent phenomenon... the greatest brain development occurred within the last 3 million years.

ex]Clinical Presentations :- The frontal lobes of the brain are associated with decision making and control of behavior, and the temporal lobes with emotion and language.

Here now with regard to your post , it is also interesting to look at the psychopath and their brain physiology and consequential thinking, which is absent when the reptilian brain is engaged. Here you can compare the stunning simularities between the two as far as behaviour goes:-

Reptilian system or 'R-complex' The R-complex the most primitive of the three is also known as the 'archipallium brain' or 'root brain'. It consists largely of the 'brain stem', the 'basal ganglia', the 'reticular activating system' and the 'midbrain'. Functions of the R-complex are related to physical survival and body maintenance - digestion, reproduction, circulation, breathing, response to stress and so on. The functioning of the R-complex is activated when the organism perceives threat and the needs for survival and safety predominate. Functions related to the instinctive behaviour patterns self-preservation include automatic behaviours of 'territorial instincts' or 'territoriality', social dominance and ritualism, status maintenance, deception, tendency to follow precedent and resistance to change, awe for authority, social 'pecking order' behaviour, compulsiveness, prejudice .

NOTE:- THESE BEHAVIOURS ARE QUITE PREVALENT IN THE WORLDS HIGHER DECISION MAKING ARENA'S
www.holisticeducator.com...

Below we see how distortions in frontal lobe development result in deviant or reptillian type behaviours :-

Brain scans of the antisocial people, compared with a control group of individuals without any mental disorders, showed on average an 18-percent reduction in the volume of the brain's middle frontal gyrus, and a 9 percent reduction in the volume of the orbital frontal gyrus – two sections in the brain's frontal lobe

Now there could be a case made that the experiment to advance the HUMAN mind through intervention has and is both in the process of further evolution and as in the case of the Psychopath , reverting back to a pre-exising type.

This would cause a huge divergence in outlook towards how society should function , encompasing morality , empathy towards those that are suffering and all aspects of resultant human behaviour.

So I believe that your post offers the window into an interesting area of study and thank-you for posting.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinkorchid

Thank you for your input.
From your link I am happy that this was in the second paragrah

While these findings could improve our understanding of criminal behavior, they also raise moral quandaries about whether and how society should use this knowledge to combat crime.

There is a clear correlation between our behavior including those of "criminal" minds and those that are less prone to criminal activity. With all the info including yours in this thread, you can see a connection between how we are programmed, but also who is programming you, and can you commit crimes based on subliminal and reptilian manipulation alone?

With this, people that are fully aware of how the reptiilian brain works, and the access and tools to do it, then I can easily say that this is something that is worrying for future generations as well as this one. Even if you believe in evolution or creationism, or anything inbetween including hybridization, one thing is for sure, and that is no matter how far we have come, the one thing that has remained the same is our reptilian brain.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Here's a video with some pretty solid theories. Do you there's evidence to back it up?
www.youtube.com...[/yvid]

a reply to: NoRegretsEver

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Hello.. For some reason I can't create my own forum for conversations on this subject but I can turn my pupils into slits at will and I need help understanding why

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Mech3555

Check your messages by clicking the little envelope icon on the top right, I messaged you explaining.

<< 6  7  8   >>

join