It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA testing 'interplanetary internet'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Cool video... makes me think of all the possibilities. Imagine in the future if we start communicating with extraterrestrial species and we find out there is some sort of galactic internet which exploits quantum entanglement properties to transfer information over massive distances in an instant. Oh wow imagine if they had something like bitcoin... a universal P2P digital currency.

sorry but i cant see how this thing will solve the lag between solar systems..this will not by any means shorten the distance..its benefiting more IMO the amount of data transferred and the quality of the data received and it will prevent also data loss

but distance i cant see it will still be a problem

Well actually you're probably correct. Even if quantum entanglement could be used to transfer information across any distance instantaneously, one would still need to transport the entangled objects across the galaxy to establish the initial links. But after that was done it would be a super fast speed galactic internet. And if wormholes or some type of FTL travel is possible, then that would make it much easier to set up the network.
edit on 10/11/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I thought you may be interested in a couple of links
Teslascope
This has some interesting info and especially the part refering Nikola Tesla. But here is another link in regard to
Intelligent "Martians"

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alda1981
thing is, with the limitation of light speed, even if we had perfect net it would still take an hour for do something, say at mars, and see the reaction.

You are way off
7 minutes for mars at "radio speed" one way

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by BacknTime
this is awesome. the children of sudan will definately be saved now. thank you nasa

What does NASA have to do with feeding people? Why is feeding the children of Sudan the responsibility of NASA, the US government, or of US citizens? Please take your ignorance elsewhere.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
This is cool, is it just me or are they working on disclosure?

Disclosure of what? That they want to communicate better with vehicles on other planets? I think it's just you.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Did this make anyone else think about the computer simulation theory?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
This might sound a little bit out there, but I had to ask...

If the earth is spinning at roughly 1,000 mph at the equator, if you sent a signal at the speed of light counter rotationally, would it be SOL + 1,000 mph? If you made say, 1,000 rotations with said signal would it be SOL + 1,000 times 1,000?

I ask because if the signal could be harnessed at that speed, it might lower the lag time to a distant planet, at least in one direction. It makes sense in my head...unless I'm WAAAAY off, which NEVER happens, lol.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I suspect that bitcoin will not scale to handle the commerce of the whole US.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by V4SL4ND
This might sound a little bit out there, but I had to ask...

If the earth is spinning at roughly 1,000 mph at the equator, if you sent a signal at the speed of light counter rotationally, would it be SOL + 1,000 mph? If you made say, 1,000 rotations with said signal would it be SOL + 1,000 times 1,000?

I ask because if the signal could be harnessed at that speed, it might lower the lag time to a distant planet, at least in one direction. It makes sense in my head...unless I'm WAAAAY off, which NEVER happens, lol.

Very good question, the answer is counterintuitive.

Imagine you are traveling 100mph, and throw a baseball in front of you 10mph, the baseball is traveling 110mph.
Now Imagine you are on the same train traveling 100mph, and shine your flashlight. You would think the light is going 100mph+ the SOL. You'd be wrong. The light would travel at the SOL only. This means if you were going the SOL - 1mph and turned a light on, the light would appear to be traveling 1mph.

The SOL in a vacuum is a constant and never changes. Ever.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wongbeedman
reply to post by XPLodER

Did this make anyone else think about the computer simulation theory?

No why would it?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Thank you for answering. And crushing my dream, lol. *sarcasm*

top topics

<< 1   >>

join