It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to pay the Piper....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Ladies and gentlemen,

I'm reluctant to post this because it seems so nit-picky, but earthalien50 seemed interested in the budget numbers and perhaps one or two of you are also. I went to the White House website, the Office of Management and Budget page, and went through the 2011 actual results. I've listed each department's results, first, the clearly non-military departments (in billions of dollars):

Agriculture..........139.4
Commerce..............9.9
Education..............65.5
H&HS..................891.3
HUD......................57.0
Interior..................13.7
Labor...................133.2
Transportation.......77.3
Treasury..............104.9
Civil engineers........10.2
EPA........................10.8
Small Business.........6.2
Social Security......786.4
National Service........1.0

Total......................2306.8

Now since the total expenditures for 2011 was 3603 billion dollars, we have, in my opinion, clearly AT LEAST 64% CIVILIAN SPENDING.

Some of the rest of the departments have at least partially civilian spending. Energy, for example, 21.5 billion civilian and 11.2 billion military. The Department of Justice at 30.5 billion is almost entirely civilian. The National Science Foundation has 7.1 billion.

Defense had 678.1 billion, including the wars in the Middle-East (Overseas Contingency Operations they call them). The VA got 126.9 billion. Department of Homeland Security, I don't think is military, but I didn't include it above. They got 45.8 billion. State Department and International Activities had 45.2 billion. NASA? 17.6 billion. National science Foundation, 7.1 billion.

My best estimate? Ignore the tomgram and go with about 20-25% military.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I used brew my own. 20 bucks for around 70 beers. I quit drinking mostly, every once in a great while. Been a few months. My effexor + drinking, well tomorrow is going to suck. Never got hangovers until I started taking it

Used to just chug water before bed, and that was enough to never get hungover.

Saves me a lot of money though, and probably saves my liver too. Today is a bad day for me, drinking some beer helps me not think about it too much I guess

As far as paying up goes, is there even a country that exists these days, that don't run on the infinite credit card model? Buy now, let the next generations pay for it...... One of the reasons I don't want to have kids at this point.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

H&HS, what the hell is that?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Military all by itself is about 20% and 30% of that is used towards the men and women in the military in the form of pay, housing, medical etc... If people want to complain about that then they better add in the close to a trillion dollars for Government pensions.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

H&HS, what the hell is that?

Health and Human Services

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Sorry, Health and Human Services. You'll find Medicare and Medicaid tucked in there, among other things.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Oh, that's not a bad thing I guess. Health and human services is a good thing to spend on, better than death and destruction

It's going to be a bumpy ride, and not just for the US I think. I think we are going to have to start prioritizing bigtime, as a species. As inhabitants of earth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join