It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's a good place to register a domain besides GoDaddy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Question is in the title, I'd really appreciate some advice.
Thanks in advance.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
If I might be helpful... My current registrar is Godaddy for all but a couple and they are handled by the host I'm leasing the server space from. Bluehost and Rochen are two hosts I've personally used that do function as registrars as well and give all the access to DNS records that one needs for pretty much anything if direct control of the domain name is the biggest concern. They are just a couple among many that give a downright shocking amount of features and control for almost nothing on cost compared to just a few years ago. I only left them because i moved to a dedicated server setup on what I'm doing now.

Hope that helps!

*Just to clarify... those two hosts handled the DNS records for the domains while I had them there.... No problems and it never even took the traditional time for changes to be effective. No where near it.

edit on 10-11-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
www.123-reg.co.uk...

I have all my Domains registered there... including this:

networkconnected.co.uk...

Plugs website...

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I am a fan of A Small Orange. It's a smaller company (and therefore not as cheap), but their technology level and Customer Service keep me a lifelong fan.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I used Omni but it has been a few years since I had the site. The prices were reasonable and the tools to manage the site were very easy to use. I also had it set up to send emails that came to my site's email address on to my personal email, and that, too, was super easy to set up and manage. I assume most providers do this.

I chose Omni because I was planning to build a .Net app for practice, as I had just started learning it at the time, and they had what I needed to host the app and database, for much less than other providers at the time I was researching. I ended up getting a new job on a .Net development team, so I never needed to build the practice site, and ended up shutting the site down after a year, but I thought Omni was a good quality service for the cost. Hope this helps!

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Been using this company for several years Just Host, customer service worked great the one time that I needed help also.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I have URLs listed with four different entities. Lately, I've come to like 1&1.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
enom.com
But I have had nothing but great service from GoDaddy though.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I like name.com personally

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Thanks very much for the replies all.

new topics

top topics

join