It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC Host Toure- "Tears of Joy For Me, The White House is Staying Black!"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick
reply to post by kaylaluv

Come on you lot are taking this right off subject.

Of course i know racism is every were, point i was getting at is it nothing like it is in america.

And as for that thread, it was about the extremists in the UK.

Well, I would just suggest you don't make outrageous claims, like racism is literally non-existent in the UK, as that is not accurate. I might buy your premise that it's worse in America, but it is quite a bit better than it was a hundred years ago.
Give us a little more time - we're still working on it. You're country's been around a lot longer than ours has.

Oh, and I can't wait until you guys get your country's first black leader - we do have you beat on that one.

edit on 10-11-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I can't believe I'm being ambushed in this thread, for finding that news presenter comments racist...Honestly this is madness.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Trustfund

Because we are surrounded by hypocrites these days and we are not allowed to be proud of being white...it is something to be ashamed of.

If we say anything about our whiteness, we are racist, compared to KKK etc.

White guilt and PC....what a joke.

I am a proud white Irish/Italian American.
edit on 10-11-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

Because we are surrounded by hypocrites these days and we are not allowed to be proud of being white...it is something to be ashamed of.

I'm proud of my Irish/Welsh heritage. I don't think any black person would have a problem with that. I don't think I'm a superior person because of my heritage - unlike the KKK, so it's all in the attitude.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
It was clearly a racist joke. It's easy to identify, you simply swap words and see if you feel offended by whatever was said in it's new context. There "See what I did there?" (silly TV twits)

When you're actually in the minority, you're able to get away with more. Don't worry, whites will soon be the minority and then they'll be able to make racists jokes without all the backlash at the expense of real or imagined oppression.

I find it interesting as a white person that I've experienced more hatred and violence towards me just because I'm white. My family never owned slaves, they were immigrants themselves. All my life, I've been made to pay in more ways than one because of this double standard. Is it fair to punish me for something I had nothing to do with? Is it fair to reward others simply for being black? The correct answer is no, and you can substitute any color or culture you like.

As an adult, I find that I dislike most black culture simply because I find much of it ignorant, arrogant and just plain distasteful. Despite what apologists spew, you have the right to just not like people for whatever reason you choose...oh and white teenagers than emulate this culture I find equally annoying, see what I did there?

The bottom line is that personally, people are entitled to feel any way they want, whether you like it or not. But publicly and professionally all people should be on an equal playing field.

edit on 10-11-2012 by Paschar0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

I live in California and I never see anyone being labeled a racist when expressing pride in their race. Most of my friends are white and they constantly remind me that their Irish, or Scottish or Italian. One of my friends wheres his kilts more than pants.

I'm mostly mexican american and I have no problem being proud of my 25% Irish blood. White power!

LOL I told me my friend I had a little Irish in me and he called me a McSpic. I found it incredibly funny. But thats just me I love racism in comedy, my friend knows that.

When people really mean it and have racist ideologies, thats when it's a problem to me.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Are people ever going to remember that Obama is only half black?
The color of his skin doesn't bother me at all -
it's the content of his character that does.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
It was a play on words. People are sitting here pretending to be outraged, when the statement is a play on a label the whites of antiquity gave the presidential residence. The play on words is based off the implied racial exclusivity of 'white house'. That's why it is a joke and not serious.

What isn't a joke though, is the fact that our forefathers, supposedly being for unity and equality; in a nation immensely diverse, decided to name the residence of the highest position in America after their race.

That right there is NOT a joke. That's serious. That's history.

*facepalm*

If it were named "Executive Mansion" this thread would be non-existent. Maybe in an alternate universe.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paschar0

As an adult, I find that I dislike most black culture simply because I find much of it ignorant, arrogant and just plain distasteful.

You don't like rock, blues. jazz or soul?
For the most part I agree with your post but you should be careful with sweeping generalizations.
Perhaps you're more like me and don't care for modern Rap and hip hop and the constant fashion consciousness that seems so pervasive.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Q2IN2Y

The play on words is based off the implied racial exclusivity of 'white house'.

I always though it was called the white house, as it was painted white after being burned down by the English in the war of 1812 and had nothing to do with race.?? more to do with it having porous sandstone walls coated with a mixture of lime, rice glue, and was painted white to cover the major burn damage to the building..

I don't think it had anything to do with race or colour?

Edit to Add: maybe i'm wrong, i'm sure some of you knowledgeable Americans can enlighten us on the reason The White House is called The White House..
edit on 10-11-2012 by TheMaverick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

OK, I'm new to this thread but I find the sentiments by the "journalist" completely and utterly offensive. To everyone. Joke or not, it's in completely bad taste.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trustfund

primarily because of the color of his skin, that is just completely crazy if this is truly a fact, and could account for the mess america is in right now.

lmao, so this guy went around interviewing all the black people that voted for Obama? Did he do it for all the whites voting for Romney too? And all the Mormons voting for Romney?

Black people vote democrat, Obama is a democrat, they would have voted for him over Romney any day, regardless of his skin color. But sure, some did.

If black people voted for just black people then why is Allen West and Herman Cain (republicans) such failures

with the black vote?

edit on 10-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

Because, These men are "Republicans". And believe in "Individual Responsibility",

edit on America/Chicagopm5830America/ChicagoSat, 10 Nov 2012 17:39:58 -060011 3039 by BrainGarden because: nevermind

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Welcome to humour. I know a lot of conservatives don't understand humour at all, but for future reference, you've just seen it.

Seriously, is this all you have to whine about? Is the economic problem that Obama apparently "created" no longer top priority? Or is it just more of the same attacking for any reason at all?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I was wondering when you turn up, as you have a habit lately trying to counter anything i say...

I would of though you being a liberal, that you be the last person to support racial intolerance, so it seems you're not as liberal as you have us all believe.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Once you go black...........................

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Wow, I never knew that. You're right. They named it the white house because it was white. Even though they had names that sounded 10x more classy and dignified than the juvenile sounding 'white house'.

Presidents Mansion - Executive's Mansion all sound dignified and classy. But nah, we don't want that. We want it to sound like a Dr. Suess Book.

It all makes sense now. They didn't name it to imply some sort of racial exclusivity. They just named it because the color happened to be white.

Mind... officially blown.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Q2IN2Y

The house is WHITE. When it was built back then that was not common. The reason for calling it a WHITE house is because it is WHITE and had nothing to do with race. You remind me of city councilman in Texas who filed a discrimination law suit against the mayor for saying "I am not going to allow any more money to be thrown into this black hole of a project. Again what is a black hole? It is object in space where the gravity is so strong that nothing not even light escapes and the only thing you can see is this black hole. One of the reasons fewer people are believing in racism anymore is the feigned outrage over things that are obviously not racially motivated that a minority claims offense over. This mans comment though WAS racially motivated.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Q2IN2Y

Judging by your posts, i take it your offended by the name White House, and in your head, you believe it was done just to p#ss black people off...?

Which is kinda "Ironic", that you "don't" think what this presenter said on live TV was racist.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I'm not offended by the name White House. I just think you have to be a little naive to believe they only named it the White house because it was White.

But let's be honest. President's Mansion and Executive's Mansion all sound 10x better than 'White House'.
edit on 10-11-2012 by Q2IN2Y because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Q2IN2Y

President's Mansion and Executive's Mansion does sound a lot classier, i agree, but i doubt it was called the white house for nefarious reasons.
Anyway I'm English, i have no dog in that argument.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join