It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gatekeeper FaceBook Censored this 3 time - theTiny Dots -

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I thought it was common knowledge, but I guess this subject doesn't deserve to be discussed or thought of. being of sound mind and bodied American - we really need to grow some gonads and fast - if we are get our country back.... anyway, enjoy the video - I thought it was very well done... and FaceBook had it pulled in like 3 minutes on three seperate occassions...

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

Nothing we haven't heard before, but it's still a decent lesson. Another spin on the video about the American Dream. I would say that it's just a ripoff, but it seems the lesson must be portrayed a dozen times over, with a dozen different faces, before people will start listening.

So now we have dots telling the story. Maybe that will get the truth across. Who knows?

edit on 10-11-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I hear Ron Paul is taking over Campaign for Liberty -- I guess he didn't want to do a JFK impresonation.
I wonder what they have in mind - I think I will subscribe to find out...

1BP

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
So, the people tell the dot they don't like that their tax money is going to people who don't want to work.

That isn't totally fair. Some people truly need assistance and they are not just too lazy to work. It wouldn't be fair to get rid of all assistance when there are families out there surviving on it for a very good reason.

It would, however, be fair to put stricter regulations on who can receive assistance so it can stop getting such a bad rap and it would only help those that truly need it.

(By the way, I'm not on welfare and I never have been.)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

you know America use to be able to take care of their own,. propoganda, persecutions, money manipulation - all equals dependance and when the needs out numbe resources - is where we find our selves - I dont see fixing a problem with more of what casued it a solution. do you... ?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Facebook can decide what content they want on their site if they choose to. They are a privately held business and provide their services free of charge.

Other than that? The video is obviously contrary to anyone who has taken a sixth grade civics class. The little "dot" as it were is not some gang that came along and usurped power. They were elected by the majority into power - by virtue of the law also agreed to by the majority.

This sudden nearly anarchist backlash against Government confounds me deeply. We have due process and recourse to fix what is broken in the system by the same means that we elected our officials and created the system to begin with. But I guess that takes work and for some, apparently, burning down the house is preferable to cleaning it up.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

oh they were duelly elected - sounds like a cop out - lets face the facts shall we... you have not elected a president since John F. Kennedy - why ? .... it might have something to do with 5$ red seal United States Notes ..... No~! i suggest you think back to 1963.... and what happend in 1964 ????? the last year Silver was used as currency ???? no its all a conspiracy. were opposed at home and abroad by a monolitic conspiracy.... I could not have said it better and this thing is not going to end well - so on with the show.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1BornPatriot
reply to post by tport17

you know America use to be able to take care of their own,. propoganda, persecutions, money manipulation - all equals dependance and when the needs out numbe resources - is where we find our selves - I dont see fixing a problem with more of what casued it a solution. do you... ?

I think the system would work perfectly fine if it was monitored and regulated. There are rules in place now but they are very loose and it is easy to swindle your way in. If it was better monitored by the right people then it would be great again.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Good GOD the authors of this work are CHILDREN! Have they never taken a civics class? Have they no sense of pride? Are they so socially atomized that they've utterly forgotten that they are NOT _just_ individuals, but also members of a society? These ideas are flat out treasonous and anti-patriotic.

We don't "give" our money to congressfolk -- we give it to America and we let congress decide how it is spent, with the strictures that it be for the common good. You can argue that they don't do a good job at it or that the systems meant to ensure that they do are broken -- fine. But this video argues that the very concept of collective action or the government looking out for common interests is invalid.

If that's something you agree with, it's time for you to move to Somalia.

If you've ever driven on a road, not gotten the mumps because of mandated herd immunity, or not had your property stolen by a poor person because they got their welfare check that month, and you still argue against taxes, you are dishonest and a hypocrite.

Ever sign a contract and expect it to be fulfilled? Ever not gotten beaten up by someone physically stronger than you who wants you to do something? Ever noticed that lynch mobs, high-noon shootouts, and posses are relegated largely to the past? Have you ever used velcro, LEDs, water purification, or a computer chip? Then you've benefited from the US government's investment in social good.

Look, the Free Market is just as much an unfunctional, unrealistic, imaginary concept as the principles of Communism. Looks great on paper, and would work fine, except for the fact that it's impossible to do using Humans. No market is free; one side always has an advantage in information or resources or both. And there are a ton of flaws in the system that we want nowhere CLOSE to many aspects of our lives: you can't sell a vote, or an organ, or a person, because the market is fundamentally flawed in many respects. Smith's Invisible Hand is invisible because it is NO WHERE TO BE SEEN. We need a Transparent Hand. Which is to say: regulation.

One of the greatest accomplishments of Western Civilization is rarely thought of as such -- namely, public safety regulation. Building codes, fire safety codes, food and drug safety, effective patent laws -- all of these are specifically designed to counter the effects of the "free" market and ensure the public good. It's why Denver has enough water and Mexico City doesn't. Mexico City's chronic water shortage is directly attributable to the fact that most of the residential water use goes through unregulated and leaky pipes -- it gets dripped on the ground before it's useful. Similarly, the destruction of the Haitian earthquake is directly attributable to the fact that there were basically NO regulations (and associated tax-driven inspections/enforcements) as regards to building codes. Thousands of tons of structural concrete was used with no rebar, or imaginary/lied-about rebar, so the whole country just shattered when shaken.

These are just a few tiny examples, but the principle is large: we are more than just individuals, and our success or failure is not dependent solely upon our own efforts. Such is largely the result of luck and of opportunities provided by the collective society to which we belong. In other words: That highway out there that makes your business possible? Yeah. you didn't build that: WE did.
edit on 11-11-2012 by Stunspot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Am I the only one curious what OP meant by facebook "Censored this 3 time," ???

Also, we did not elect the IRS or vote for taxes. I'm not saying I entirely disagree with the system-- just that it is sometimes implemented and enforced in ways I do not agree with.

Big (federal) government is sometimes too big for our own good. I don't deny that there are benefits from having a big government, asking for all this cash... but there are some major problems with it, too, if you really want to be fair.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwilliam
Big (federal) government is sometimes too big for our own good. I don't deny that there are benefits from having a big government, asking for all this cash... but there are some major problems with it, too, if you really want to be fair.

But that's NOT the argument made in the video -- the video is antithetical to the very concept of collective government, not just critical of specific implementations.

top topics

join