It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm so disappointed in Jesse Ventura!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Well said, star for you
Sometimes honey just doesn't cut the mustard.

P

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Probably OT, but that is a great avatar. Love wolves, then again, I am biased. Wolf is my soul animal

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by jaws1975

Kinda double standards though, no? We will cheer him on when he does the same to people we consider TPTB to no end right? I know I cheered him on for being a total prick before, but it was to people that I didn't really like. People I thought of as trying to cover up a conspiracy. It's the way he seems to treat people he thinks is full of it, maybe he don't buy into Ike. I don't know about Ike myself, but then again, I would have thought his whole pedo rant was crap, but I have dug into it myself. So maybe he is right about reptillians.
edit on Sat, 10 Nov 2012 19:39:05 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

I respectfully disagree, I don't like the condescending arrogant side to Jesse, it makes him look like a schmuck! Jesse is a pioneer though, he has great credentials and combined with his overly curious mind in all things conspiracy, I have found him entertaining to watch.

There is a clear difference between him asking tough questions to tptb if they are obfuscating, or refusing to answer questions, and being a complete jerk while conducting a sit down interview. David Icke is not shy when it comes to answering questions about reptilians and such, however I would have shut down the same way if Jesse jumped on me in the same way.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

LOl, thanks. I use a wolf as an imaginative construct to help control PTSD. That is why it is my avatar. Must go back to the avatar thread and get some glowing eyes.

P

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jaws1975

It's OK for Ike to shutdown the way he did, but not someone considered to be TPTB?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Ya, I think there is a clear difference between Jesse walking into a government building expecting to get an interview with a high ranking official on the fly without an appointment(ala we are change), and an interview that I got the distinct impression that Icke thought they were on the same side at the beginning of the interview.

I think an earlier poster was right, I think that he made that show about reptilians, treated Icke like crap, drew a distinct line in the sand that he isn't that far out there conspiracy wise to take the heat off himself from the earlier shows about fema camps, and the banned police state episode.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Not to mention the whole interview was a sham, Jesse stated that he had cornered Icke to put him on the spot. Well then why was Icke miked up like he was doing a real interview? Hit job, plain and simple!

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Comon people.............Jesse is as DUMB as a bag of hammers!

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Any televised show has to have some entertainment value. RATINGS, I'm sure some of the subject matter isn't always picked by Ventura, but by the producers of the show. It is a conspiracy show, and the reptilian episode is just presenting another far out conspiracy. Ventura never shows he believed in the conspiracy from the start of the show. He is getting paid for his celebrity status, but don't think he has a say in every episode they televise. I'm sure there will be other far out conspiracy episodes like the possibility of an "Inner earth," "Zombies," "the New Jersey Devil," "Mothman," "The Gulf of Aden stargate," and "Mermaids,".

They all fit in with the conspiracies theme, and I'm sure the producers don't want to run out of conspiracy material as long as they have viewers. The only problem I could see for Ventura, is if he decides to run for president. You know he will be attacked and ridiculed by other candidates as believing in crazy conspiracies. That may hurt his character, and have voters not take him as a serious candidate during a campaign run.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Haven't seen the ep yet, but from what I'm reading, either Ventura is really going for broke or he's just pissed that he can't do the good stuff like the FEMA/police state deal?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Why would a logical person discount the “reptilian agenda”? BE logical for a moment. I invite everyone here to partake in an exercise in which we actually explore and play with the idea of a possible reptilian agenda. Forget your fears and automatic rejection of the idea. Do not stop questioning me. Question everything that I've written, however, do not become so close-minded that you cannot exert your true human potential and curiosity to critically analyze the following.
The reptilian agenda is not separated from the human agenda. Indeed, this is a fantastic story we are ALL a part of. It is well-known by many renowned researchers, scientists, politicians, the Vatican, doctors, military personnel etc (See Project Camelot’s and Jordan Maxwell) that extraterrestrial and alien life exists. Indeed, this fragile yet enduring planet has often witnessed the presence of these beings for millennia. If you doubt these words, I encourage you to look through a variety of ancient Indian texts or even the bible (the book of Enoch); the Sumerian tablets (not Sitchen’s books). I’m sure many of our Indian friends who have knowledge of such texts can describe with detail the awesome power of the machines and weapons of war yielded in the past of the country we now call India.
What many of you do not realize is that information is highly distorted and manipulated by a variety of occult groups who utilize your ignorance to dispel the truth. In a sense, we have been conditioned to distrust our own capabilities and emotions.
What is intelligence? Is it the ability to imagine that which already is physically tangible, observable, or the directly measurable? I believe that intelligence is the ability to utilize the imagination in constructive and flexible ways. Essentially, one does not invent a space craft from nothingness. One must first utilize the imagination, take the image presented and apply the seemingly intangible to the tangible world.
A truly intelligent being would have analyzed the words Ventura claimed and then taken that info and done some real research with it. What do you gain by renouncing information? Conversely, what can one gain by actively pursuing the truth?
The NEGATIVE Reptilians are indeed an extraterrestrial race that has been visiting earth for a long time. They are generally perceived as negative creatures following lucifarian philosophies. So what? What about humanity? Are we humans not savage? Have we not demonstrated aggression and inhumanity to ourselves, other humans and animals alike? What makes our psychology so different from these negative reptilians?
The secret…there is really no secret. These beings thrive on negative energy. Their identities are so meshed with the negative that they cannot exist where there is love. Love is a foreign concept for them. The simple vibration of love creates an atmosphere, an environment that is inhospitable for these beings. Therefore, doesn't it make sense that such beings would immediately leave if the environment were “polluted” by love? It becomes obvious that we as a society must become more informed and knowledgeable. STOP the wars, stop the killing and senseless slaughter. Why do human beings always believe and accept war when we know in our hearts that it is not the solution? Has any war ever benefited you? Has any war ever solved the problems of a country? We must no longer give up the responsibility of searching to others. Isn't anyone else out there exceptionally curious to know the types of institutions that have shaped your reality, your world? WE need to become more aware of the world we wish to live in—the world you would like yourself, your family and loved ones to live in.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Jesse reads the same sheet we do and maybe he got a few inside stories and accounts along the way.

He knows things we dont and yet he does not know all we know truth or not.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by BBobb

He kind of debunks the reptilian theory and David Ike in that episode.

Cant judge a book by its cover, or a show by its title.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by BBobb

Oh come on dude, you had to know at some point you were going to sit through reptilians, annunaki, niburu ect. heck we cant search youtube without ending up in that area.
edit on 11-11-2012 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
Yeah," Lizard people taking over and under ground aliens and conspiracy" truthers 9/11" crap, that won't go away ...people are "sheeese!! bonkers/ nuts !!......

........ I saw one that really should be in a mental hospital (maybe 3 now that I think about it)

But, I watched the "Lizard people" Jesse show anyway. It did show that people are either "nuts" or out to make a buck.

As Alice in Wonderland says: "the best people always are."(crazy, nuts, bonkers)

On a serious note, it doesn't do anyone any good to just discredit someone by calling them crazy. It seems a bit like a blind judgment. I think it is more likely that the presenters of the info (Ike, etc..) are in for a buck, while the people who believe it are just naive or misinformed. I don't think they are crazy (maybe a couple)

Just stick to presenting actual information to debunk such theories, instead of rude insults.

As for the 9/11 truthers, save it for another thread. Plenty of info on this site as to why these people are most definitely NOT crazy, or naive.

(P.S. I do NOT believe in reptilians living underground, or otherwise.)

Originally posted by cavalryscout
That guy is such a freaking nut he should be locked up to keep him from infecting the rest of the world with his insanity

See above. As for the being locked up part. Really? Freedom of speech? He almost gains credibility when people make it a point to silence him, for using words.....almost. You might as well lock up every member of a clergy/church, after all they believe in a mystical being who creates worlds and controls destiny. At least reptilians are technically possible......but highly unprobable
edit on 11-11-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-11-2012 by Renegade2283 because: clarity

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Ventura asked for evidence and Icke told him to read his 750 page book. Nice one David, do you honestly think that ape grunt can even read a 75 page book?

Icke was here in AU in 2011 and was interviewed by a Catholic priest on his radio show. Icke told him not to ask about reptilians before the show, but the priest kept asking “[I]what about the lizards[/I]?” Icke told him there’s not enough time to explain about reptilians in a 30 minute interview.

The nerve of a person who believes in a bearded man in the sky, demons (reptilians) and buggering children! His logic, like Ventura’s is also flawed. All lizards are reptiles, but not all reptiles are lizards. How much longer must we endure such imbeciles in positions when they can sway unsuspecting people?

How much money do you earn Ventura? Why is that even a relevant question? As mentioned before Icke gave up a job that was paying a mint to go on his quest for truth.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shakawkaw
Yeah, This ep was just weird, and as usual, David Icke made himself look like a moron. And 2 mil a year? Insanity. I quit watching when the magic psychic lady was hearing voices of the reps talking to her in the desert.
edit on 10-11-2012 by Shakawkaw because: (no reason given)

that got tedious

He should do an episode on the Starchild skull, especially since the new evidence has come up

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Macdon

The nerve of a person who believes in a bearded man in the sky, demons (reptilians) and buggering children! His logic, like Ventura’s is also flawed. All lizards are reptiles, but not all reptiles are lizards. How much longer must we endure such imbeciles in positions when they can sway unsuspecting people?

That is what I was getting at is well, at least the first part. However, I don't think Ventura intended any ill-will with his "investigation". He genuinely believed that people like Ike are discrediting all conspiracies by presenting such a perceptively far-fetched one, and he is kinda right.

For example: I can go up to one of my friends and try and convince him that there was say..... A conspiracy perpetrated by the US government to perform a false flag terror attack in the hopes of sustaining a war, especially when they most definitely did. You know what he will say? "Well, there are also people who believe in conspiracies that the moon landing was a fake and that reptilian creatures control the world, so your conspiracy must be bull." Yes it is a naive thought process, but one that has been intentionally implemented to discredit all conspiracies so it is rather common in the masses. However, do you see where I am coming from?

Ventura was likely honestly trying to get to the bottom of it from the man himself, minus all the sensationalism and conjecture that is present in most of Ike's presentations. Please understand that I am not saying that Ike is completely wrong, just doesn't have ANY concrete proof to back up his claims. That and Ventura isn't the brightest guy, but at least he is trying his best and is very adamant about what he believes. It doesn't make your case any stronger by attempting to discredit him with blind insults.

Wow, I think I just stuck up for both the people in conflict in this thread, and for almost the exact same reason. Hmmmm.......

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Macdon

How much money do you earn Ventura? Why is that even a relevant question?

because Icke didn't present his evidence when asked by Ventura. Instead Icke plugged his book reasonably raising the issue of motive. Icke should've taken his 2 min elevator pitch and list the highlights of his theories and actually that would've given him more credibility in my mind possibly getting me to look into it further. Do I agree with Icke about political marketing tactics and media manipulation? absolutely. Do I buy the reptilian subject? haven't seen any real tangible evidence yet.

Now the Starchild skull, that's a subject with lots of tangible, objective evidence that speaks for itself. Just read the data and it soon becomes clear it doesn't need any kind of dramatic editing or smoke and mirrors in which Icke has a strong background

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
While I thought it was a nice change Jesse was not just buying hook line and sinker anything the nutter of the week told him, I get the feeling this was more of battle for dollars than anything. The market is small and Jesse and Bell want a bigger peice of it so they need to get rid of the Lizard guy and suck his market share into theirs.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join