It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm so disappointed in Jesse Ventura!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I've read a few online interviews with Jesse in the past and he has always stated he wouldn't do episodes relating to aliens or UFOs so I find it surprising that his first episode is exactly that: Aliens.

I also find it surprising that Jesse would actually back down if he was told to 'tone it down'. I thought he could bully his way into anything.

For the record: I like Jesse Venture, have a couple of his books, and frequently watched his show.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Yeah, This ep was just weird, and as usual, David Icke made himself look like a moron. And 2 mil a year? Insanity. I quit watching when the magic psychic lady was hearing voices of the reps talking to her in the desert.
edit on 10-11-2012 by Shakawkaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
It could be some kind of spoken or unspoken agreement he has a feeling about, to add some content deemed "spurious" to many, in order to back his show into a niche category to some degree. I could understand feeling paranoid in his shoes, and I think PTB/entrenched corruption/whatever you term it would be less prone to threaten if it can be openly explained away. Perhaps by discrediting you are sometimes protecting someone ?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BBobb
So, I was really excited that a new season of Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura was starting back up. I had wondered when more episodes might come about. To be honest, I had experienced some disappointment in some previous episodes, because as a person who has done a lot research on certain topics, as we all here have, I thought that his focal points on issues such as 9/11 were weak, rambling.

I just woke up this morning and looked at the cable guide, and saw that there was a new episode out. Ok. Awesome! What a nice surprise. I'm watching it now and it's ridiculous. The "reptilian agenda". I'm embarrased, literally. I feel almost betrayed. It's so stupid, and he just destroyed all the work we've done. Bastard.

Lee

Destroyed all the work you have done.....
you have done nothing but appear unintelligent. You people with your nonsense and 9/11 crap....you achieved nothing because you lack any real conviction...just talk, talk and more talk.

I for one found his latest episode as ridiculous as the very first. An idiot talking about what a few other idiots talk about....."your work"..

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
As much as I love conspiracies and the unknown, Jesse may be a disinfo agent himself...

In this video he wears a jacket that he would never be seen wearing on his conspiracy show, maybe he was paid to do it but I know deep down inside that he knew what was on that jacket.. especially on live television

youtu.be...

I don't know anymore... who the hell does...
edit on 10-11-2012 by AguyAndAgirl because: ahhg

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AguyAndAgirl

Maybe he wore it for a reason. Like to get people curious and looking up what it was all about? Just a thought, I don't have my mind made up about anyone anymore.

As for OP, "ridiculous theories" that shouldn't be covered, who gets to draw that line? In most of the "public"'s eyes, 99% of what is here would sound insane. We are all just tinfoil hat wearing nutjobs, and should shut up, take some pharm drugs and watch TV
edit on Sat, 10 Nov 2012 15:33:37 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
I love it at the end when he confronts David Icke!

That guy is such a freaking nut he should be locked up to keep him from infecting the rest of the world with his insanity.

For Icke it's obviously about the money I don't think he even believes his own baloney anymore but if people are willing to pay why not take the money. (i guess...:@@

Rubbish! Time and time again, people say this about icke, that
his is doing thus for the money, and clearly they dont have a clue.

Icke was a very well known sports presenter in the uk. And i can
assure you, was earning good money.

Are you telling me that he woke up one day and said " i have an excelleny
plan! im going to start talking about lizard people, the world order etc, and
hopefully make more money than i do"

Icke lost almost everything. Was ridiculled for his beliefs, made a laughing
stock. Quit his presenting job, which paid him very well. He done this just
so he can make up bs, and maybe make more money lol That sounds more
stupid that his lizard theories.

Even though i dont believe everything the man says, he turned his
back on everything for what he believed in. And i respect him for
that. Also, he also makes sense in some of the things he says.

A nut job that should be locked away? To me, nut jobs who should
be locked away are the rapists, child abusers, murderers, etc

Icke doing it for the money? Def not!

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

Dude.....I'm in a good mood so i'm not going to tell you what you really need to hear / read whatever.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I have never advised anyone in search of the truth to listen to the likes of James George Janos, better known as Jesse Ventura - I see him as a buffoon, an opportunist, and a dis-informationist.

His only saving grace is the fact that he is a veteran - so he's not totally lost.

edit on 10-11-2012 by gmonundercover because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by proob4
I thought the season opener would be a better topic than reptilians? They will probably loose some fans of the show cause of this.:
edit on 11/10/12 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

I think more people would watch the show because of it. Most of the people who watch the conspiracy theory show do it to laugh at crazy people....
"Did you hear about those people who believe reptilians control the world. You gotta watch this show!"
That's how Joe Schmoe is going to react.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Dude.....I'm in a good mood so i'm not going to tell you what you really need to hear / read whatever.

LOL in other words, you dont have an answe! Im not saying
that i believe everything icke says, but saying he is doing it for
money, is clealy wrong!

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Yes, that episode was a strange. At least his wrap up at the end had a bit of saving grace.

I was sure Jesse said a few months ago on Coast 2 Coast that they had all the shows in the can but were fighting to get them on the air. Maybe a few episodes hit to close to home for someone. Maybe this was an add-on episode to discredit the show?

I find it hard to believe that anyone involved in the show would agree to this as the season opener. This episode would/should be put somewhere hidden in the middle of the season. Might be more to this airing then we think???
Or maybe I just spend to much time on this website!

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BBobb

Between the women who believes she's reptilian to hunting reptilians with Elmer Fudd and some bad actress psychic to finally David Icke losing his cool and speaking like a politician made this episode hard to watch. As they pointed out in the show the reptilian theory is a popular one so why not cover it? Jesse does conclude from their research it's all hooey, so what's to hate?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris

LOL in other words, you dont have an answe! Im not saying
that i believe everything icke says, but saying he is doing it for
money, is clealy wrong!

Totally agree with this guy, there is no fricking WAY he's doing all this for the money, what a frickin dumb and boring argument.

I've seen Icke over the years and he absolutely believes in what he's doing. FFS the guy was British institution and he gave it all up to try and convince the world that things are NOT what they seem, after he had some kind of spiritual experience, or so he says. The guy has lost everything FFS, you have to give him some credit for standing up for something he believes in. And apart from the reptile stuff he actually seems to be nailing it.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Internet Explorer

Yep, he went from being well paid, and well respected, to book signings, where the ADL and such idiot groups try to get his signings banned. Obviously reptillian is a codeword for I HATE JEWS, or some such nonsense.....He has to deal with morons throwing pies at him. Yep, in it for the money and for the love of the sheeple for sure. That guy has a whole lot more restraint and forgiveness than I do. I would have gone postal by now if I was him.
edit on Sat, 10 Nov 2012 18:35:54 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I'm glad that the first episode came to a head with Ventura grilling that Icke fellow, and that he remained skeptical throughout... Otherwise it would have been a horrible episode. Of all topics, the reptilian one bores me the most and I certainly hope the next episode covers something more worthwhile.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
There is also the possibility that Ventura assumes that we can sort out the wheat from a chaff. In fact, for the sheeple, discrediting talk of Lizard People makes him just that little more believable.

I always assume an adversary is at least as smart as I am. I do not think that Venture is an idiot. Also remember it is not us that he is trying to convince. We don't need convincing, we can see the truth. He needs and wants to wake up sheeple.

If I could get a few minutes with him I would try and convince him to do a show on how the other side uses dis-information. There are so many factual, proven examples out there that it would be a slam dunk! It is hard to argue with known facts like cases where an opponent was silenced with 5 shots to the head.

P

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I'm disappointed in Jesse as well, but not for the reasons that you stated. I thought that Jesse was completely unprofessional when he interviewed David Icke, no matter what you think of the guy, who interviews somebody like that? I mean honestly, he was an a**hole from the very start of the interview. I think David Icke was completely caught off guard by the line of questioning from Jesse, and that's why he looked like a deer in the headlights, not to mention the hack job in the editing of what was probably really said. Now don't get me wrong it's not because I believe in reptilians, but think of it this way there are billions of people on this planet that believe in angels and demons, what's the difference? There is none, so why is David Icke getting raked over the coals for believing in the same concept as billions of people? The bottom line is I lost a lot of respect for Jesse, he showed a complete lack of character in the interview, no matter how one feels about Icke.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jaws1975

Kinda double standards though, no? We will cheer him on when he does the same to people we consider TPTB to no end right? I know I cheered him on for being a total prick before, but it was to people that I didn't really like. People I thought of as trying to cover up a conspiracy. It's the way he seems to treat people he thinks is full of it, maybe he don't buy into Ike. I don't know about Ike myself, but then again, I would have thought his whole pedo rant was crap, but I have dug into it myself. So maybe he is right about reptillians.
edit on Sat, 10 Nov 2012 19:39:05 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join