It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was the real reason for Petraeus' resignation?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

What was the real reason for Petraeus' resignation?,

I speculate these two reasons ...
1 - So he wouldn't be forced to testify about Benghazi.
2 - Because the administration was done blackmailing him so they let him go.
ATS Thread - Did Obama Administration Blackmail Patraeus in Reference to Benghazi?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Socrato
Petraues was the head of the CIA, he had an affair and sent the woman over 1000 emails after she broke up with him. That is why he resigned.
Do you still think that was the reason for his resignation?

Petraeus mistress reveals real motive behind Benghazi attack (VIDEO)

The fallout from former CIA head David Petraeus’ resignation might be more significant than first thought: as all eyes turn to the ex-intelligence chief’s mistress, it’s apparent that she may have been privy to what really happened in Benghazi.

“Now I don’t know if a lot of you heard this, but the CIA annex had actually had taken a couple of Libya militia members prisoner,” Broadwell told a crowd at the University of Denver alumni symposium on October 26. “And they think that the attack on the consulate was an effort to try to get these prisoners back. So that’s still being vetted.”

Broadwell's address was publically available on YouTube until this weekend; it has since been removed, although mirrors have surfaced.

Pillow talking at it's finest...

rt.com...
edit on 13-11-2012 by beatbox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

What was the real reason for Petraeus' resignation?,

He was having an affair and allegedly/potentially compromised national security in the process.
He was allegedly granting his biographer special privileges and access to information that she didn't need or should not have gotten. There were also allegations of further abuses of power.

Petraeus wouldn't ruin his career, his reputation, and his family for President Obama.

For any President.
That's just absurd.
He may even face CRIMINAL charges.

If they were blackmailing him as some suggest...well...why not blackmail him into simply lying?
Seems easier and less convoluted, plus you keep a puppet running the CIA.

What's to keep him for telling the truth now that they dropped their leverage?

It's not like he can't.

Wouldn't that be easier and make sure that the information he had would be secure for years to come?

Him testifying has nothing to do with whether or not he is currently a government employee or head of the CIA.
Even if the testimony is delayed...he can still testify. What makes people think he cannot?

You keep the leverage to get him to do what you want, you don't drop it all and give him nothing to lose.
If this is blackmail, it's pretty inept.
That's why I find some of these conspiracy claims to be a bit dubious.

- Lee

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Petraeus to testify on Benghazi attack

12:37PM EST November 14. 2012 -
Former CIA director David Petraeus agreed Wednesday to testify before Congress concerning the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. Consulate in Libya, while a group of Republican senators called for a Watergate-style congressional committee to investigate the attack.

"Mr. Petraeus has indicated his willingness (to testify)," Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., chairwoman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, told Politico.
USA Today

As I said earlier, him not being the CIA director doesn't absolve him from being called to testify.

So how would the Obama administration intentionally getting him fired (and publicly humiliated) to keep him quiet about the Benghazi situation work when he can still tell the truth at any time?

If he knew that they did this to him for that reason wouldn't he be even MORE inclined to tell the truth now that he has little to lose and they have no leverage on him at all?

The conspiracies surrounding him and this administration just don't make sense to me.

- Lee

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Petraeus resigned because the FBI discovered he had an affair. Which as head of the CIA, he is not allowed to do. A very human error, leading to a sad career ending for a fine general.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
The timing of this seems very suspicous to me, coming right after the election. I hate to say this as a democrat, but think maybe the democrats took advantage of an opportunity to get rid of someone who was considered a potential future Republican presidential candidate.

Now that the right wing has destroyed themselves with their extremism, a seemingly moderate republican like Petraeus would be a serious threat in the next election. If Jeb Bush is caught in a scandal next that will confirm my theory.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Both Petraeus and Schwarzkopf were military complex figures whose careers were written into our history primarily during the Bush-Reagan era. Who knows how deep the conspiracy rabbit hole goes? Could be an interesting time in US history to learn from ahead.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
what amazes me is how this was all swept under the rug. i wonder what happened that diverted our attention?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The overt reason was probably Benghazi (not wanting to perpetuate the lie) and the covert reason could be a purge of those not wanting to green light an Iranian attack at this time (but that is pure speculation).

top topics

<< 1   >>

join