It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was the real reason for Petraeus' resignation?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Lets be honest, EVERYONE in DC has a "mistress".

Its exactly why they killed, I mean why the DC Madame committed suicide.

So why was Petraeus really forced out?

Seems clear enough to me. Now that the sham election is over, its time that the Axis of Evil go on another killing spree.

Target: Iran.

But it seemed pretty obvious that Petraeus did not want to commit his men to yet another pointless war of aggression and profit.

U.S. does not believe Iran is trying to build nuclear bomb.

Clapper and CIA Director David H. Petraeus told a separate Senate hearing that Iran was enriching uranium below 20% purity. Uranium is considered weapons grade when it is enriched to about 90% purity...

In the following video, watch this piece of trash Lieberman as he desperately tries to force Petraeus into endorsing his propaganda:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Have to say something doesn't seem right...Mostly because this has made the news on Yahoo in the UK !

Not every US domestic issue is reported in the UK...So why this one ?

I had never even heard of Petraeus until this morning.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
star gates

he's in the CIA now btw
edit on 10-11-2012 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The answer is simple.

He is head of the CIA and was scheduled to appear and testify.

Anything he says now is tainted.

If he says Obama was involved - it is because he is jaded over losing his job.

If he says Obama wasn't involved - he is simply protecting his family from further damage.

I see that it all part of a "dog and pony show". Politicians (and their handlers) need the American people divided. His losing the job fits this quite well actually. Both sides of the arguement can now use it to fuel the fire of their beliefs.

The only thing that is 100% true is: the citizens of America will never know what happened in Benghazi.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Petraues was the head of the CIA, he had an affair and sent the woman over 1000 emails after she broke up with him. That is why he resigned.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Socrato
Petraues was the head of the CIA, he had an affair and sent the woman over 1000 emails after she broke up with him. That is why he resigned.
Sounds like you're LOVING the crap that they're shoving down your throat.

How does it taste? It must taste superb if you believe that..
edit on 10-11-2012 by beatbox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I only see 2 possible conclusions:

1) Gal he was seeing was threatening to "blow the whistle" (although, news reports show FBI was investigating him, so maybe to move out in front of being exposed...taking the "high road", which he left some time ago...lol)

2) Obama "cleaning house"...Him, Clinton, Geithner, Holder...all involved in some sort of alleged shenanigan...

Just my take as an armchair critic of this administration.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
petraeus would not sacrifice his career, marriage, and personal integrity for any president...i don't think you know the man, not saying i have some profound knowledge, but, he had an affair and the news of it was going to come out soon, regardless of politics. being a great strategist, he knew that he needed to get in front of this, and on his own terms.
edit on 10-11-2012 by jimmyx because: context

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigFrigginAl
I only see 2 possible conclusions:

1) Gal he was seeing was threatening to "blow the whistle" (although, news reports show FBI was investigating him, so maybe to move out in front of being exposed...taking the "high road", which he left some time ago...lol)

2) Obama "cleaning house"...Him, Clinton, Geithner, Holder...all involved in some sort of alleged shenanigan...

Just my take as an armchair critic of this administration.

so, cabinet leaders are leaving after 4 years of continuous stress, just like all of the other presidential cabinet members have done in the past...but....somehow....for this president, it's different....yeah...ok
edit on 10-11-2012 by jimmyx because: syntax

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Jimmyx...I just find it a "hmmmmmm moment"...yes, I question the timing, as I would if it was under a president with a "R" behind his name.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Something has occurred to me on this for the timing and one thing would explain why it happened so suddenly and just this moment in time. He's set or was set for the hearings on Benghazi as I understand the reports and discussions going on right now. So, what if someone who knew about this affair tried to use it to leverage his level of cooperation with Congress?

Maybe he's as honest as I've read his record to be. That would put him on the spot for an instant decision. Most people wouldn't even be much question, even many in the military I fear. Petraeus though? Maybe he's the rare one that would call the bluff and quit with no real notice.

Even Feinstein was first being reported as saying Obama shouldn't have taken the resignation. I caught that on the TV news so don't have a link....and it struck me as odd. I don't mean to suggest she knew anything but that's the point. It seemed to be as big a surprise to the general insiders too. ( ?? )

What REALLY strikes me as odd though is why anyone would take the official story at face value? I mean, I have to work at not laughing while pointing this out but these are statements largely from the CIA, about the CIA in a situation with the potential to make both the CIA and FBI look real bad if it DOES prove true with nothing more to it. Truth is nowhere in sight at this point, I'm thinking. There is a lot more to this is my gut feeling.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Obama topples top coup leader after Washington gun battle.

www.whatdoesitmean.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Gen Petraeus resigned because it was the honorable thing to do. He committed a dishonorable act and resigned as a way to balance that act out. I'm sorry if no one understands this, but there are still people who believe in honor, respect and devotion to duty.

There is no conspiracy with respect to Benghazi or anything else. He is a man who made a mistake in his personal life, but to him, there is no difference between his personal life and his professional life. A mistake in one is a mistake in all and he did what any honorable person would do, he resigned.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
In reality .. because he had enought of all the politics ?

but he cant say that so he had to make a bull*** cover story
not the best cover story .. ruining his reputation
after a second though .. its actualy clever lol

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by 200Plus
The answer is simple.

If he says Obama wasn't involved - he is simply protecting his family from further damage.

I see that it all part of a "dog and pony show". Politicians (and their handlers) need the American people divided. His losing the job fits this quite well actually. Both sides of the arguement can now use it to fuel the fire of their beliefs.

The only thing that is 100% true is: the citizens of America will never know what happened in Benghazi.

My Dad came over for breakfast this morning and he was saying the exact same thing! He is convinced that the whole scandal/resignation is to cover Obama's backside when it comes time for Petraeus to testify.

I mean come on- who in D.C. isn't having an affair?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
i think it's much simpler than most want to believe, i think he just got fired and they made an excuse to not seem like obama's cabinet is not a complete frigging waste of time and on top of that, corrupt as hell.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 200Plus
The answer is simple.

I totally agree with you. If Petraues is even allowed to get a word out, assuming he testifies, they will discredit his every word.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
If this is true this is why he resigned. He told his misstress classified info. This should probably be its own thread but I'm not a thread starter. Someone else pick it up if you like.

kleinonline.wnd.com... enghazi-scandal/

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by rollsthepaul

What kind of mindless prattle is that? I hope you're as skeptical of this as I am...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Two states legalized marijuana.

That goes against federal law.

There is still a war on drugs.

The media isn't treating the topic seriously.

This will probably translate into more resources being wasted to monitor drug flow in these states.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join