It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US intelligence teams to track wildlife poachers in Africa and Asia

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
There is absolutely nothing the U.S. government can do that won't be met with derision, hate and suspicion. They simply can't win. FEMA is pretty much in the same boat. Doesn't matter what or how much they do even if they really do have the best interests of someone else or the environment at heart.

I applaud this move - I also feel the top world governments should spend more time on concerns like this, foresting in South America, poaching of whales, health and crops for Africa - start concentrating on healing the world, stop working to hurt it.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I kinda of feel sorry for those poor animals. They don't need 'help' from intel, they need Chuck Norris.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Poachers were crossing national borders at will, stoking concerns among US security officials that the conduits used by the traffickers in Asia and Africa to get their goods to market could also be used to smuggle drugs or arms for terrorist organisations. There is already some evidence to support that connection, conservationists said.

I'm not sure what I think. Except that someone has an agenda they're not sharing.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

wow another waste of money by obamma goverment yes the sell of ivory is bad shouldnt our intelligence agencys be used to track oh i dont know threats to united states.or maybe drug trafficking. leave this kind of work to interpol and fbi and other law enforcement agencies

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join