It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congratulations Charles Darwin, 4,000 votes!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
So, remember the congressman who said that evolution, embryology, etc are lies straight from the pit of hell, in front of an audience of deer heads?

Well, turns out he had an unexpected challenger in the election. 4,000 intelligent folk in his district had a write-in campaign for someone who's been dead for 100+ years and was the originator of one of those pit-of-hell "lies" - Charles Darwin.

Oh, and this guy sits on the House Science, Space, and Technology Committee. That scares me.

www.theatlantic.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Have you ever watched the comedy/documentary from Bill Mayher? Its soooo frightening the kind of people who sits with the power

Its called Religulous btw

edit on 10-11-2012 by mc4denmark because: Added name of documentary

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by redtic

Thanks for that. I know there are lots of people willing to give this ignoramus a free pass but I am not one of them. Many intelligent and faithful have no problem reconciling the fact of education with their religion and they do not attempt to change science to suit religion. In this modern culture that is what I see people trying to do. It is fine to have your religion and to believe what you want but it is also imperative to keep up with the discoveries of modern science and adjust your viewpoints accordingly. I am thrilled to find 4000 people voted for Darwin. He has been greatly under appreciated of late.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Charles Darwins theory of evolution is flawed and creationism might as well be saying extraterrestrials genetically created us by cloning.

time to move forward and stop living in the past!!

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
So, in a nutshell: these "intelligent" people were mad that an idiot was in power, so they made a joke out of the election process. And you are OK with that?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mc4denmark
Have you ever watched the comedy/documentary from Bill Mayher? Its soooo frightening the kind of people who sits with the power

Its called Religulous btw

edit on 10-11-2012 by mc4denmark because: Added name of documentary

Of course!

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jvm222
Charles Darwins theory of evolution is flawed and creationism might as well be saying extraterrestrials genetically created us by cloning.

time to move forward and stop living in the past!!

Science is the closest thing we have to truth and evolution is one of the most accepted scientific theories we have. Evolution does not address the creation of life, only the, well, evolution of it - see abiogenesis for that. Until another peer-reviewed, science-based theory comes along that can explain the plethora of life that has existed on this planet, evolution is it.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by 200Plus
So, in a nutshell: these "intelligent" people were mad that an idiot was in power, so they made a joke out of the election process. And you are OK with that?

It's called a protest vote - better than voting for him or not voting. Yes, I'm ok with that.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by redtic

I understand that it was a protest vote. Do you think it might have been a better idea to find and attempt to elect a superior candidate, rather than voting for a dead guy?

Alabama and Florida actually elected their dead guy, so maybe Darwin had a chance

+edit - didn't the idiot in question still win?
edit on 10-11-2012 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by 200Plus
reply to post by redtic

I understand that it was a protest vote. Do you think it might have been a better idea to find and attempt to elect a superior candidate, rather than voting for a dead guy?

Well, of course - but obviously no one wanted to run against him, which is sad..

Alabama and Florida actually elected their dead guy, so maybe Darwin had a chance

Really? I didn't see that.

+edit - didn't the idiot in question still win?

Of course - he was unopposed - he ended up with something like 200,000 votes.

new topics

top topics

join