It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Spare a cent? Please Direct Answers Yes or No

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

edit on 10-11-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I have and a would again.

I work in a very urban area that has many homeless. I like to take my lunch to the park across the street when the weather is nice. On more than one occasion I have shared my lunch with a homeless guy. He acted embarrassed to take it, but for a month or two he shared my lunch almost every day. THen he disappeared. I will never know what happened to him. Btw before trolls get me, he was an older man, old enough to be my father, and he never had anything but lunch.

It is sad I had to add the last sentence but in a similar thread it went a little crazy. So I thought I would just save the drama.

I feel like you should always try to help if you can. You do not know the person's story, and if it is not legit, at least at the time you thought you were doing the right thing.

I pray I am never homeless but if I were I would sure want someone to be kind to me and share their lunch with my daughter, if nothing else.

The man I had lunch with always thanked me profusely and usually left with tears in his eyes. He told me had a family once and after a bad divorce he became an alcoholic and ended up with nothing. I felt for him. It could truly happen to any of us.

Peace!

<< 1   >>

join